How many times have you comteplated suicide.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about doing it right now...

It'll pass...

Just..can't wait til this life is over with........

Very often I just wish I was dead, but so far I have not contemplated suicide. I still live with my parents, but I don't know what will happen when they are dead. I have no brothers or sisters and nobody else to talk to except my parents. My younger brother committed suicide in 2002. I'm religious so committing suicide is not really an option for me.

Almost everyday for 6 years now. Used to have my supplies for it at the ready, but I've gotten better enough that I don't keep suicide supplies around anymore.

sentiententity said:
That was interesting. Tanks for sharing that.

Wow. Alright I remove my long, very personal post before it gets frozen by the 1440 minutes limit of post editing, as some people obviously don't care. If anyone cares enough to be interested in knowing my backstory about this topic, I can send it via PM.

too many to count

when i get depressed, i can't stop a constant stream of suicidal thoughts from flowing through my mind

lately i've been getting images (blowing my head off, crashing into a tree, intentional overdose, etc)

it happens when i get fed up with life

i don't plan to do it and hope never would

but when i get pissed at the world, it's pretty intense

Suicide ?? .... No at all. I have never thought to such horrible action even for one time and even in the hardest situation in my life. I am so hopeful to merciful God and whenever I feel a hard problem I pray he does help me. I know many heavenly prays which are very effective, so why I must think of suicide ?!! ...sorrily in most areas of the earth which people tend to technology absolutely, believing in God is very weak or wrong. People just think of material things and events and are inattention to paranormal phenomena. Just living in a material world minus God managing and interfering ( in belief ) brings dispirit and depressing and this is the cause of the most suicides.

0. I'd sooner think of going on a killing spree (killing those who have cause me massive harm) then killing myself.

Hmm... this is a difficult thing to answer. Suicide has a simple enough definition: to take one's own life.
It's the 'contemplated' part that's throwing me off.
For instance, in a generalized 'hmm.. suicide is a strange idea' sense, I've contemplated that a lot.
In the general, 'what would happen if I committed suicide,' sense, I've contemplated that as well, however I only come to bad conclusions.
I can't say I've ever affirmatively contemplated suicide.

I am going to be perfectly honest, and I may regret posting this.

A lot of you know my circumstances on here, that I have been disabled since 7/31/85 for Major Depression and a few more mental illnesses plus a seizure disorder from a head injury. I started to comtemplate suicide at the age of 11--I wrote a poem in the form of a Suicide Note to my Mother, but never gave it to her, of course. I still have it. So, before I became disabled, I would say about 30 times or so.

After I became disabled, I planned 4 different ways and contemplated doing one, at the very least, 300 times. I tried to commit suicide by overdosing on my medication and vodka over 12 times. I was in a coma 10 times, one of which the doctors didn't believe I would come out of and if I did I'd be brain dead. I tried other ways, but failed immediately.

In 1997, I started to believe in God MORE--I did before, but didn't think he'd blame me for doing what I did.

Now, I consider myself a Christian, and WOULD NEVER TRY TO DO IT AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. I realize it is a sin, and I fear going to hell.

However, out of 100 days, there are 30% of them, that I wish I wouldn't wake up the next day.

My depression now is not due to my medication not working--it is the circumstances under which I am living. No one, even in the mental health field, including my psychiatrist, knows of a way to change it because of my financial state.

Arsenic Queen said:
sentiententity said:
That was interesting. Tanks for sharing that.

Wow. Alright I remove my long, very personal post before it gets frozen by the 1440 minutes limit of post editing, as some people obviously don't care. If anyone cares enough to be interested in knowing my backstory about this topic, I can send it via PM.

Arsenic Queen, my post is very long and I chose to keep it posted.

If you don't mind sharing your story with me, I'd would be interested in hearing about it, since mine story, I feel is horrendous, also.

Socially anxious said:
Very often I just wish I was dead, but so far I have not contemplated suicide. I still live with my parents, but I don't know what will happen when they are dead. I have no brothers or sisters and nobody else to talk to except my parents. My younger brother committed suicide in 2002. I'm religious so committing suicide is not really an option for me.

Socially anxious,

Please hold on to your Faith, you never know what will happen BEFORE you lose your parents.

I am hanging in there now, and I lost both of mine and I have a brother that doesn't bother with me, and a sister that helps me, but our constant arguments are brutal and make me think bad things.

I don't know what will happen though in the future. No one does!

I've thought about it a few times. Never attempted or would actually do it cause I'm chicken. Then again there are different ways and well who's to say I might not ever go to that deep dark place and try. God knows I've wished to die plenty of times.

When I was feeling really down then pretty much every day but now not so much. It still plays on my mind occasionally but the urge isn't so great anymore or at least isn't as bad as what it used to be.

3 to 4 times I'd say for myself. But I now think it's the stupidest and most selfish thing one can do. All the pain I would've caused to others around me had I actually done it. :\

Latest posts

Back