How many?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does one define a relationship?

1 week? 1 month? 6 months? A Year or more?

What do you consider a relationship? 4 serious (2 years, 2 years, 5 years & 11 years) and a number of, I guess, not as serious ones.

I'm in a similar situation to 'TheSolitaryMan'

Unfortunately '0' relationships - also haven't romantically cuddled or kissed.

That first kiss with a special girl has always been a dream of mine.

Does a longer long distance relationship count?
If yes, than 1.
If no, than 0.

No matter what counts, still:
zero kisses
zero romantic hugs/cuddling

Even while I had a chance twice... but I don't mess with drunken girls... very drunken girls...
And I would want it to at least be with a girl that I like a lot.

If you mean by someone that will watch tv with you once a month but is unable to kiss or anything else, then the answer is : 1

If you mean something more serious then it's : 0

and I have less than 9 more months to find someone.

1 ex-wife

4 almost down the aisle girlfriends

5 intimate female friends who almost took the next step

And a partridge in a pear tree!

18009491.jpg

I don't know whether I've ever been in a real relationship.

I think if it fails, things probably weren't real.

But my encounters with the opposite sex never get past "close friends."

blackdot said:
If you mean by someone that will watch tv with you once a month but is unable to kiss or anything else, then the answer is : 1

If you mean something more serious then it's : 0

and I have less than 9 more months to find someone.

Hi blackdot,

Do you mind if I ask why you have less than 9 months to find someone?

cause that's when I turn 40. way to late to start learning how to date at that point in time. After 40, you pretty much only have a collection of previously married people with grown up kids to choose from. *cringes*

blackdot said:
cause that's when I turn 40. way to late to start learning how to date at that point in time. After 40, you pretty much only have a collection of previously married people with grown up kids to choose from. *cringes*

HEY! You shut up. You shut your face. Mouth goes zippedy zip zip. I am turning 38 next week and don't want to hear that

PS Hey buddy. How you feeling? Family good, regular bowl movements? You have any 28 to 40 year old female friends that are interested in a strong male that is self s sufficient and into taking long walks on the beach and ridiculous adventures into the unknown?

CALL ME!

First proper girlfriend when I was 16, lasted about a year then she moved away

Second I was with for about 4 years on and off, lots of drama, we are still friends but don't talk much

Third was an American I met on a music forum, we visited each other a couple of times and I spent as long as the law would allow me to with her in Connecticut, we had plans of marriage but they fell through. She was really great but it was for the best I think. Still friends.

I've had relationships and things with other people but we either never made it official or it was complicated etc, so I just count those 3 for this thread.

blackdot said:

I'm facing the same problem :D

Too many relationships to count. Many lovers, many girlfriends, but the one that meant the entire world to me, the one where I swore up and down it was my soulmate, that this is the one, this is the BIG DEAL!!!!!!........well, that was the one that didn't work, and it's the one that haunts me still. It shattered my faith in everything, and I haven't been the same since.

There is nothing worse than a broken heart. Except maybe too much time on your hands and your thoughts returning over and over to your broken heart.

A break-up can be just like losing a loved one to death. Except they're still alive, and spending their time with someone else.

Latest posts

Back