How many?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackdot said:
cause that's when I turn 40. way to late to start learning how to date at that point in time. After 40, you pretty much only have a collection of previously married people with grown up kids to choose from. *cringes*

You've said before, I'm sure that you'd only want to date much younger women and given the fact you've gone virtually your whole life single and time's running out... don't you think its maybe time to be a little less.... picky?

Whats wrong with someone nearer your own age anyway?

Iam in relationship, but i dont know, how it ends.It is difficult. :/ I like her, but she doesnt care about me.

The Good Citizen said:
You've said before, I'm sure that you'd only want to date much younger women...

Socially and mentally I seem to match up more with people much younger. Even as a kid, I rarely got along with anyone my age. People my age expect to be around people who have the same amount of experience with things as they do. I have no experience when it comes to social things so I never fit. Plus men my age are supposed to be "mature" and I find being "mature" to be quite boring.
Plus almost every woman my age or older has been married before and has kids.

Okiedokes said:
How many relationships have you been in? Nosy question huh? Well I'll tell mine first..

The first one was from High school and we dated for 3 months. We had things in common but we were far too young to be serious.

The second one we dated for a year first and then we got married.. married for 7 years.

2 as well.

First lasted about a month in high school.
Second lasted over 4 years

Now I'm just picky as hell xD

blackdot said:
The Good Citizen said:
You've said before, I'm sure that you'd only want to date much younger women...

Socially and mentally I seem to match up more with people much younger. Even as a kid, I rarely got along with anyone my age. People my age expect to be around people who have the same amount of experience with things as they do. I have no experience when it comes to social things so I never fit. Plus men my age are supposed to be "mature" and I find being "mature" to be quite boring.
Plus almost every woman my age or older has been married before and has kids.

How young are you looking to meet? You do know that the majority of women aged say 25 will be looking for someone who isn't 15 years older than them. Now I believe that there is someone for everyone so I wont say you have no chance, just as long as you are aware that if approaching 40 you do not have any interest in dating someone who has been married before or has kids or remotely close to your own age then you are far, far less likely to meet someone than if you were. You make your own choices, just be aware that you are limiting your chances greatly by narrowing down your field to a specific age group, 95% of which would consider you too old to date. If 5% of 25 year olds were open to dating a guy aged 40 and say 1 in 5 of them were open to dating you that gives you about 1% of the single, available female population that would be out there willing to give you a chance of a date, let alone a relationship.

I am of course plucking those numbers out of the air (and maybe with a view to the age range people put on dating websites). Hopefully you get my point though, you are making it VERY hard for yourself to meet someone.

blackdot said:
"I have no experience when it comes to social things so I never fit. Plus men my age are supposed to be "mature" and I find being "mature" to be quite boring."

Do you have anymore experience of what it is to be a 25 year old in this day and age though? Things have moved on, fashions, music, culture. If you had a 25 year old girlfriend would you feel more comfortable out with her friends, male and female 25 year old school friends? Would you know how to fit in?

You consider yourself young at heart, well so does everyone. Everyone seems to question their age and look at the social expectation of what they should be and feel as if they don't fit that type of person. Everyone still wants to have fun and do daft things; there are plenty of women your own age who would share that philosophy. I spend half my time with my partner pratting about and being anything but 'mature'. All mature means is taking a little responsibility and putting the other person first and not being so selfish about things so yes you should have learnt that as you got older but you can handle that surely?...there’s still plenty of scope to enjoy life. Even at 25 women will still want you to know the difference between when to have fun and when to be serious, they are still at an age when they are grown women who know what they want and planning some sort of future. Unless you mean you want to date 18 year olds and spend your Friday date nights at a Justin Bieber concert? ;)

3-4

3 Official.
1 Unofficial. But I like to class it as a relationship as everything was there physically and emotionally. We just didn't get around to asking eachother out.

Two relationships and I define them based on the love I gave and the emotional torment I received when they ended. First one, was just after high school and lasted for three years. Second one, I married and it lasted for nine years.

Lost Drifter said:
1 ex-wife

4 almost down the aisle girlfriends

5 intimate female friends who almost took the next step

And a partridge in a pear tree!

18009491.jpg

LOL this made me laugh out loud!

define relationships...

if I sort out those with guys who were just taking advantage of me, those that lasted less than three months, then I am left with maybe - two? and both not very healthy, sigh

and yes, several years ago I started a nice relationship with myself, I hope that lasts, it is showing a lot of promise

3 in total
1- with two sisters, not at the same time I mean the first one lasted for 5 months then BOOM , the other sister almost one year ( both were long distance which means no kissing no hugs no nothing!)

2- that Syrian girl , I went to a community service once, her and I were in the same group and stuff , for 4 months ( we barely kissed )

I guess I'll be for ever alone! :D

Latest posts

Back