How not to get angry when you are being ingored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmytheTemperamental said:
I think no reply period is the rudest. But what do I know.

Funny, because I think the opposite and raised that issue before. To me all three of those replies are hurtful vs no reply.

I would rather no reply where it can be assumed she is not interested. Instead with a reply she is taking the time to actually say she is not interested almost to stick it to the guy.

If I get a reply I won't say any of those. Just me

If someone told you that they weren't interested, this entire thread would have been unnecessary.

Restless soul said:
Is it worth being on sites like okcupid, if you are worried of a rude nasty reply by a woman who is trying to shake your confidence?

Some common ones which I can expect to get:

1. Not interested. 
2. Not my type
3. No thanks.

Those are the most common which a guy can get
Which do you consider to be the rudest of those three?

I'd be ok with any of those comments! It's clear yet not meant to offend or hurt, you'll know the very instant that you should not put any more effort into this because it would be a waste of both your time. I've heared of women getting hundreds of replies/requests a week, it's for me very understandable that they would form some kind of standardized answer to all those they are not interrested in.

I'd find it aweful if I were to get replies like;

1. Keep dreaming.
2. FU loser.
3. You're ugly.

But ofcourse I'm not active on any datingsite/app so that will not be a problem for me!

MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:
Is it worth being on sites like okcupid, if you are worried of a rude nasty reply by a woman who is trying to shake your confidence?

Some common ones which I can expect to get:

1. Not interested. 
2. Not my type
3. No thanks.

Those are the most common which a guy can get
Which do you consider to be the rudest of those three?

I'd be ok with any of those comments! It's clear yet not meant to offend or hurt, you'll know the very instant that you should not put any more effort into this because it would be a waste of both your time. I've heared of women getting hundreds of replies/requests a week, it's for me very understandable that they would form some kind of standardized answer to all those they are not interrested in.

I'd find it aweful if I were to get replies like;

1. Keep dreaming.
2. FU loser.
3. Your ugly.

But ofcourse I'm not active on any datingsite/app so that will not be a problem for me!

Thanks. I wanted a guys perspective.  But the way I see it.
The . No thanks - the sorry not ny type - not interrested. 
Are all ways of saying to me. Read between the lines

Keep dreaming  - fu - loser --you are ugly.
That is how I interinterpret it. As a niicer way.

I know you are all going to say I am putting too much ifba negative spin and skewing it. But that is how i feel

Whatever the thought behind their refusal may be, they are not the ones intent on hurting you and bringing you down, so yes in this example you are overthinking it, it might very well be they think one of my picks while they tell you no thanks, not interrested not my type, but that doesn't make what they say any less true, they aren't interrested, and your not their type.. it happens and they were kind and respectful to you.

Does that not count for anything at all, knowing they treated with respect?

MisterLonely said:
Whatever the thought behind their refusal may be, they are not the ones intent on hurting you and bringing you down, so yes in this example you are overthinking it, it might very well be they think one of my picks while they tell you no thanks, not interrested not my type, but that doesn't make what they say any less true, they aren't interrested, and your not their type.. it happens and they were kind and respectful to you.

Does that not count for anything at all, knowing they treated with respect?
So you prefer that over no reply at all?
That is interesting.  I can sooo deal with no reply. 
Vs the examples givin

Girls- ladies here. Look at it where I am coming from.

You write a guy. He replies with a curt. Not my type or something like that.

You are totally cool? Not hurt? Annoyed? Vs radio silence

They could tell me to fresia right off, and it wouldn't hurt me. I find that much more straight forward and honest than the ignoring or hidden intentions with small talk.

They could tell me to fresia right off, and it wouldn't hurt me. I find that much more straight forward and honest than the ignoring or hidden intentions with small talk.

Such a thick skin. Very very i don't know what to say.
Someone can tell you to fresia off and you will not reply back in an equally rude manner?? Find that hard to believe. 

Would take a lot for me not to

Restless soul said:

Someone can tell you to fresia off and you will not reply back in an equally rude manner?? Find that hard to believe. 

On a dating site, they wouldn't be worth more communication to me. In real life, over something more important, I'd probably punch them. :D

Restless soul said:

On a dating site, they wouldn't be worth more communication to me. In real life, over something more important, I'd probably punch them. :D
I find that fascinating. If only I can let something like that roll off my back

Restless soul said:

I know you are all going to say I am putting too much ifba negative spin and skewing it. But that is how i feel

Or a nicer way of saying "I'm just not attracted to you"... sheesh there's got to be women you aren't attracted to.

ardour said:
Restless soul said:

Or a nicer way of saying "I'm just not attracted to you"... sheesh there's got to be women you aren't attracted to.
Yes. Tons.  But when a if they do contact me I choose to not reply as opposed to saying not interested. Or not my type. 

To me that always comes off condescending and arrogrant.
Anyway i loom at it

Desperado said:
Sorry I'm having personal issues with certain people

What??

Don't worry. I don't think you guys here will miss out when O get rude reply.  I am sure you will be made very well aware. Knowing me...right??

Callie, I told you I will be back shortly with a dating reply that went in my mind bad..give me  afew..

I have to see if callie is even around. Or else my vent will be for nothing

Ok. So the other day we were discussing the types of replies on a dating site. Replies I would think were rude and find upsetting. This is kind of one of those. But with a more positive twist.  Ok so today I get reply goes something like this it's not going to be word for word. 

" Can I be honest with you i think you are attractive have nice
Eyes. But you are not smiling and also look, mean, scary creepy.

There it is. Ok now I have no problem with the first part.
But not the best choice of words for someone you don't know in my opinion for the first time. "Mean,scary,creepy?

I get that she meant it here that I looked that way only because I was not smiling. Total opposite of the summer post where she said, not handsome and mean.

Latest posts

Back