How often do you cry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you cry?

• Often

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Not often

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
In the last year I say a few times tops. All within the family because it gets so frustrating talking to people who are not open to discussion, and just say bad honeysuckle. Their way or no way.

But I did alot in my teens. But those days are over.

I'm an idiot when it comes to knowing how to release emotion. I could use a good cry. It's long overdue.

When my seritonin dips, i cry. I cried on Friday and there was no reason at all for it :/

I cry very rarely. After becoming a teenager, the only things I really cried about were the death of a pet. As I got older, I never really cried for anything, until my grandfather passed away.

It might be unhealthy to not cry about certain things, but that's just my nature.

I can't even cry for pets or people. o_0 I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me...heh.

----Steve

Probably not. I think us guys are just less emotional (depending on how we're raised), not to mention that fact that we are further pressured to not cry about most things.

I do not really ever cry.... I mean tears run down my cheeks on a rare occasion. But I have had it beaten into me so hard that guys do not cry that I don't cry. It makes it really hard to express to others how much I hurt some times.... but I just cannot bring myself to do it.

at my worst
i felt like i couldnt cry
like i was numb from all the emotional stimulation happening at that time
worst time in my life
now i dont ever feel like crying but i still am down here and there *sigh*

I do it maybe once a year if I'm lucky these days. But I love a good cry--it means I'm not a total zombie yet. Ever cry so hard that midway, you start to feel better cuz you're enjoying crying so much and you want to force yourself to cry even more? That's an interesting thing that happens to me sometimes even though it never works. It's like in a dream where you realize you're dreaming...

I cry when I need to...sometimes becuase I'm grieving, very sad, hurted and upset.
Other times because I'm happy and loved.

It's healthy for me. It's a part of processing my emotions and healing. There's nothing wrong with crying..

Somtimes for day to weeks...other times for 5-10 mins.
IDK...i don't really keep track. once a week or as much as i need to.

I don't *****, moan, whine or complain alot because of it.
I'm not depressed because of it...
I'm able to have intimately or close relationships women because of it.
That's one of the reasons why Chelle and I love each other so much. I'm not afraid to show her my emotions or cry in front of her.
I love her so much my heart explodes and tears just flow out my eyes sometimes...oh well, it's all good.

well...if i allow myself to cry for whatever...certainly i can allow myself to feel happy.
It gose hand in hand with not compairing myself to others. Not worried what others think about me.
Loving and accepting myself. Not living in denial. If i feel hurted and need to cried...it's okay.
It's better than having emotional bagages. I'm not judging myself. I have compassion for myself. I love myself.
I can't give what I don't have. If i have these things within myself first...than I able to have compassion and love for others.
I have good self esteem. It dons't mean I'm less of a man because I cry. It means I'm human.

Oh dear God, I am a crier.

I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad; in fact, I teared up the other day when one of the moms up at the school mentioned that she knew the family who'd been killed in a car accident here recently, leaving a toddler alone in the world without his parents and sister.

Hell, I cry when I am angry, which pisses me off because it makes me look weak. Oh, I hate that!

Oddly enough, it is at the times when I need to cry the most for that release of emotion, that I can not cry at all. Irony. How nice.

But yeah, I cry at least once a week over some stupid, sappy honeysuckle.

I cry when I'm mulling over my regrets. I go through a cycle that gradually leads up to a night of crushing physical and emotional pain where I cry.

I cried when my Assistant Chief died. Myself and another firefighter found him and did CPR (fruitless, as cold and blue as he was...) until the ambulance got there; I rode in with them to the hospital and continued compressions. It was all business until everything slowed down and I had nothing else to clean on the ambulance; at that point it hit me like a freight train I'd been outrunning. That was my Chief. A guy I saw on a weekly basis. I knew about his troubles. I'd shaken his hand and followed his orders. He was one of the founding members of this department.

The key sign of Critical Incident Stress is the 'thousand yard stare', and as much as I denied it to myself, I had it. The Captain and his wife could see it. I rode back to the station with them and on the way back I broke down in to tears. I cried for the next 8 hours; in front of colleagues, supervisors, and more than one of the 'big wigs' in the county (when a firefighter dies, news travels fast and people come pouring out of the woodwork to mourn or offer condolences). The Chief of EMS for the entire county and some of his subordinates sat with me for a Debrief; a standard procedure when something like that happens.

I felt no shame and I still made eye contact. I've been told from the start that something would do it to me and that there's no shame in it, and there isn't. It's normal and healthy, and when people say that real men aren't afraid to cry I think they're right. It takes a real man to cry, a real man to accept his friend crying, and a real man to return to normal routine regardless.

Latest posts

Back