How often do you shed a tear thinking about yourself or longing for something?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
niceguysfinishlast said:
I have at times when I would get depressed feeling like the best times of my life have long passed me by and that I already failed at life and that my current situation is how the rest of my life will be.

I feel the exact same way. I greive over this a lot. Sometimes, it utterly consumes me.

Don't cry rather get so worked-up and anxious I've developed chronic insomnia.

MissLonely79 said:
niceguysfinishlast said:
I have at times when I would get depressed feeling like the best times of my life have long passed me by and that I already failed at life and that my current situation is how the rest of my life will be.

I feel the exact same way. I greive over this a lot. Sometimes, it utterly consumes me.

Wish I didn't know this feeling but I do.

Maybe once every two weeks, or once or twice a week depending on how lonely and sad I am.

I've felt close to doing this about my life from age 20-24 but I'm 26 now and I feel like the remainder of my 20s is going to be way better and hopefully enough to make up for it.

In my younger years, I was quite a sensitive boy. Even up to my late teens, I would cry whenever I felt despair or hopelessness. However, it's as if I have become more calloused to everything and I haven't cried much at all since my early 20's. The last time I cried was when my Nan died, and that was January 2016. Since then, no matter what has beset me and how bad I have felt, tears haven't been the answer.

I never cry for myself, I don't think I ever have. I only cry for others suffering - anything, even animals.
Music can stir me but it's not accompanied by thoughts about what has happened or not in my life.

Paraiyar said:
MissLonely79 said:
niceguysfinishlast said:

Wish I didn't know this feeling but I do.

I feel this way too. I cry several times a day. I feel like my entire life has been an experience of suffering. Some days I try my best to be positive and not focus on the pain, but then it gets overwhelming. About five years ago, I finally had hope and I think that my tears dried up because I felt happy and content living my life alone. Then I met the abusive bf and I'm right back to crying every day again, wishing I could find strength to move on so as not to waste any more of my life. I find as I get older (I'm in my fifties), that life passes by too quickly. I can never get that time back and it makes me extremely sad sometimes.

I don't cry, I've suppressed that. I choke back the lump in my throat and tough it out like an idiot. But I do choke up at the tantalizing image of seemingly happy people. I actually grieve for the life that I might have had. My journey isn't over but I'll always regret years of wasted time.

I'm Australian. We don't cry.

Drawbridge UP. Walls secured. Rush to the rooftop battlements with longbows.

Then I bawl my eyes out. In private.

I cried alot when my mother died.I was very close to her and saw her nearly every day . The fact that she was so brave and just didn't want to die because she had so much to live for made it even worse when I got the call I just couldn't believe it.I really didn't want her to go at such a young age and longed to see her that one last time when the nurse rang in the middle of the night saying she might not have long to go.But stupid me left it till morning too late of course but there you go we all make mistakes.

More or less everytime I look in a mirror.
What I see is so **** beautiful I can't help but burst out crying... aw ****, I caught a glimpse of myself in the window.
Here we go again.

Rarely. I am mostly hollowed out. Although afew days ago after a failed relationship I sat on the kitchen floor and wept. I am usually adept at suppressing my emotions but sometimes when faced with the stark reality of my situation my self-discipline dissipates and I need to retreat to somewhere private. This was such on occasion. I laid down clutching my knees and howled in despair knowing noone cared if I were to cease existing in that moment. I had let myself hope knowing the inevitable time would come when those hopes would be dashed. Then, after five minutes, I stopped and carried on like nothing had happened. I had work to do.

I sometimes feel longing for friends that have decided to go their own way without me, or for people who I once had meaningful relationships with who have also gone away for good. I don't know why they chose that direction, but they did and I've slowly found ways to deal with it over the years. New people do come along once in a while, but it's often hard to replace relationships that were rooted in the past. You don't just go out and buy new ones.

I don't really cry. I can hold it back mostly. I tell myself it's not worth it, it will just give me swollen eyes and a headache.

Latest posts

Back