How old were you when kisses stopped being meaningful?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well they lost some sparkle with my highschool GF
i hated her and it just became to boring to kiss
that crazyness. and also with "6 year" it stoped
being fun because she was insane too! never really
got boring with brittney though. although i guess
she got bored of kissing me.
but now that im back on the market i could really use a smooch :)

loketron said:
but now that im back on the market i could really use a smooch :)

smiliebigkiss.gif

;)

Although I have never experienced one which is quite sad, I already know. I don't see how they could become meaningless overtime, especially with someone you really care for. Of course they could become much more meaningless to someone who does it with any random person. Or treats it like a way "to get to know someone" like I think I read somewhere in this thread. But to someone who feels and thinks much more deeply on an emotional level. I don't think they would fail to feel meaning everytime they did it. Hey, like I said though, I have never done it in my life so my opinion is probably irrelevant but that is just the way I feel.

cheaptrickfan said:
Please. You're the first person I've ever seen at this forum add a "fag" tag to the end of words. It's not at all the same as text/forum-speak. At least own your obnoxiousness if nothing else.
Alright, I get it. The people on here are not familiar with hearing words like "newfag" as internet-speak. Noted. That last sentence made no sense btw.
cheaptrickfan said:
O RLY? Then perhaps you ought to be more careful in how you phrase things because this:

Let me guess, is the key not asking too many questions? Would make sense, I'm sure its much easier to convince to yourself a kiss is special when you don't know where that mouth has been.
Sure, I could've phrased it better. But nothing in there said anything about any specific forum member's personal lives. Just a tactic I envisioned happy older couples using.

cheaptrickfan said:
...in context of the rest of your post (and considering the tone of your other posts) certainly came across as you talking about how others were acting. If you meant you, then change the pronoun. That grammar tip is free, because you're new here and, at heart, I'm basically a nice person.
Well yes I've talked about how others are acting, nobody in the forum though. And yes, I am sure you are an extremely nice person and are not attempting to be smug or condescending in the least bit.

cheaptrickfan said:
Again, as a forum veteran like yourself would know, it's all in how you phrase things. So far your posts come across as either obnoxiously smart-alecky or deliberately provocative, but that's JMO.

I'll give you that one. I am smart alecky and I do make my posts provacative, but that is only to get the point across. It is not to insult the forum members though. Also the forums I have frequented were a completely different atmosphere.

Remedy said:
Although I have never experienced one which is quite sad, I already know. I don't see how they could become meaningless overtime, especially with someone you really care for. Of course they could become much more meaningless to someone who does it with any random person. Or treats it like a way "to get to know someone" like I think I read somewhere in this thread. But to someone who feels and thinks much more deeply on an emotional level. I don't think they would fail to feel meaning everytime they did it. Hey, like I said though, I have never done it in my life so my opinion is probably irrelevant but that is just the way I feel.

You do have a point there. But I've always been the type where its not meaningful to me unless it is meaningful to the other person. Then it becomes unrequited emotions that I toss aside. Meaning even if you don't kiss people who don't mean anything to you, it doesn't mean the person you do kiss is the same way. Some people think of unrequited feelings, or unrequited love as still meaningful, some even think of it as a virtue. I'm really not one of those people though.

After reading some of the posts in here, I'm starting to think my whole "kissing is meaningless" thing could be just a phase.

How did she not make sense with that sentence? It makes perfect sense. Own up to the fact that you're (coming off as) being obnoxious. Meaning, know it, and deal with it.

You may be "smart alecky" and you may be "provacative" but that's not how things work here. And instead of trying to pick apart a post of an intelligent and well respected member here on the forums, just accept that it's not accepted here, and clean it up. It's really very quite simple.

I'm a senior in high school and sophomore in college, and in my second relationship.

Even after two years of being together, the kisses are still meaningful to me.

VanillaCreme said:
How did she not make sense with that sentence? It makes perfect sense. Own up to the fact that you're (coming off as) being obnoxious. Meaning, know it, and deal with it.

"At least own your obnoxiousness if nothing else." does not even come close to a complete or even coherent sentence.

VanillaCreme said:
You may be "smart alecky" and you may be "provacative" but that's not how things work here. And instead of trying to pick apart a post of an intelligent and well respected member here on the forums, just accept that it's not accepted here, and clean it up. It's really very quite simple.

I already said I would stop using the word "fag" since nobody understands the context I was using it in and is getting offended.
So what you are saying is that there is a pecking order on this forum and therefore the unpopular people should not question or talk back to the popular people? Okay cool, got it. Tell her I'll spit shine her shoes tomorrow, you or someone else will have to do it tonight.

sinisterplague said:
I already said I would stop using the word "fag" since nobody understands the context I was using it in

what context is that? ignorance?

Hijack-Duke_Nukem_Mission.gif

Not that I'm a professional kiss doctor, but I'd venture to guess that a kiss between two people that love each other will never grow old. If kissing loses all meaning to you then you might not truly be connected to the person. Just like when telling someone you love them loses its meaning, then something might be wrong with your relationship.

Coverage said:
Not that I'm a professional kiss doctor, but I'd venture to guess that a kiss between two people that love each other will never grow old. If kissing loses all meaning to you then you might just not truly be connected to the person. Just like when telling someone you love them loses its meaning,[/align] then something might be wrong with your relationship.

You may have a point there, Coverage.

And on a sidenote, holy honeysuckle, roflmfao@ your signature. :p

sinisterplague said:
VanillaCreme said:

"At least own your obnoxiousness if nothing else." does not even come close to a complete or even coherent sentence.

Yes it does.

And I agree. A kiss out of loving someone shall never lose that loving spark.

sinisterplague said:

It is, indeed, a complete and grammatically correct sentence.

It's a special case though, being an imperative (command) instead of a declarative statement, so there is no explicitly stated subject of the verb. Also, I threw caution to the wind and put the prepositional phrase at the head of the sentence instead of at the end... daring, I know.

So if I really wanted to be long-winded about it I could restate it like so:

"The least that you could do is own your obnoxiousness, if you do nothing else."

Now if you don't know the meaning of the phrase "Own your whatever," then I'm afraid I can't help you.

That tangent done, the other thing is, there is no hierarchy here, but there are people who have been around a while. You made mention in an earlier post about a whine about political correctness. There, I think that you're mistaken. It's not a question of PC, but one of a basic level of common courtesy.

Ok, back to kissing....

I could use a kiss. I have a fever of ******* 101, the chills and my throat is so swollen I'm afraid I can't even swallow my own spit. So, how about a kiss, people? lol

I couldn't kiss my ex for three years before we actually called it quits. Loveless relationship. We still, um, you know, but no kissing. She would try and I would deny. Next time with someone else, I hope we could kiss forever. :)

Just_Some_Dude said:
She would try and I would deny. Next time with someone else, I hope we could kiss forever. :)

You're young. There's still hope for you, but an old broad like me? It's dicey. ;-)

*kisses CTF* ;)

Sorry to hear that you're sick. :( Go eat some chicken soup! Heh...hope you feel better soon.

----Steve

cheaptrickfan said:
It's a special case though, being an imperative (command) instead of a declarative statement, so there is no explicitly stated subject of the verb. Also, I threw caution to the wind and put the prepositional phrase at the head of the sentence instead of at the end... daring, I know.

yep, that's exactly what i was thinking.. lol. you're good.. really good.

as to the topic..

mmm kissy wissy mmm..

i reckon it loses it 'meaning' when you take it for granted..

Latest posts

Back