How old were you when kisses stopped being meaningful?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheaptrickfan said:
sinisterplague said:
the "N" bomb has more history so there will always be a stigma with it.

Certainly, the N-word has a more hateful history attached to it, I'm in no way equating "fag" with it. Nevertheless, many people do find it offensive.

It kind of depends on where you live. The N-word is in no way appropriate for a public forum, and I personally choose not to use the word at all, but in my part of the deep south there really isnt as much of a stigma about it as one might think.

Down here if your trying to insult someone with the N-word you probably wont have much luck. I'm not saying that its common to call someone that, but its just not as offensive as it might be to people in the northern states.

Coverage said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Certainly, the N-word has a more hateful history attached to it, I'm in no way equating "fag" with it. Nevertheless, many people do find it offensive.

It kind of depends on where you live. The N-word is in no way appropriate for a public forum, and I personally choose not to use the word at all, but in my part of the deep south there really isnt as much of a stigma about it as one might think.

Down here if your trying to insult someone with the N-word you probably wont have much luck. I'm not saying that its common to call someone that, but its just not as offensive as it might be to people in the northern states.

Wow. I wonder if it depends on who you ask, even in the south. I can't imagine that your typical southern African American would really dig some white guy tossing the n-word his way, but then again, it's true, I'm not from there. Maybe people are just used to it. Holy honeysuckle. :eek:

But yeah, it's highly offensive up here. That's not to say that people don't use it, but it's sort of a "use at your own peril" thing around here, at least in public. People say all sorts of offensive honeysuckle in private.

Personally, I dislike any term which slaps a pejorative label on a single group. I get how people within the group may use those words as a solidarity thing, but when others use it it just seems as though it's out of hate or disdain and I find that distasteful. JMO.

Thanks, though. I learned something new today. I like that. lol

Coverage said:
cheaptrickfan said:
sinisterplague said:
the "N" bomb has more history so there will always be a stigma with it.

What do you consider "deep" South?? I'm in Georgia....I can promise you'd get your ass kicked here for calling someone that. :p

lol eve, exactly! I am on the floor laughing. Ya, go down to georgia or alabama and call some random black guy that, and I guarantee he will hand you your ass! I've been around the usa quite a bit and never realized there were geographic locations where people aren't offended and/or enraged by racial slurs. I would gladly invite this guy up to flint, mi to test it out! :D

They always mean something to me. I will kiss a girl wen I feel that there is a connection and I want a relationship to develop.

cheaptrickfan said:
Yes, well I'm sure that there are other words that work. "Psycho-*****" pops up here pretty frequently. I'm sure that no one would mind if you used that. :p
I don't think "psycho *****" would be a correct term though. Her problem wasn't that she was controlling or was crazy. But rather her problem was...forget it. I wasted enough thoughts and breath on her as is.

I personally think the whole idea of taboo words is irrational. Taboo subjects in certain situations though I can understand.

EveWasFramed said:
What do you consider "deep" South?? I'm in Georgia....I can promise you'd get your ass kicked here for calling someone that. :p

heh, it at least holds true in my part of rural Alabama. I'm sure it is different in other areas. My experiences have been from a very small african american population, in rather calm settings. I know it would be a different story in places like Birmingham or Atlanta.

Just_Some_Dude said:
I would gladly invite this guy up to flint, mi to test it out! :D

I wonder...which would cause more of an outrage in Flint? Racial slurs or driving through town yelling insults about Michigan Wolverine football?

sinisterplague said:
But rather her problem was...forget it. I wasted enough thoughts and breath on her as is.

That's a pretty healthy attitude. :)

Coverage said:
I wonder...which would cause more of an outrage in Flint? Racial slurs or driving through town yelling insults about Michigan Wolverine football?

lol

like 19? my first kiss was when i was 17. It meant the world to me and it pulled me towards her like a magnet....but after i realized that our relationships to her was more like a fling....i learned to detach myself from the feelings that would naturally come with kissing someone. Now i can kiss any girl and not feel anything or get emotionally attached. I know it sucks.

I think it depends what the kiss represents....because for me kissing has become quite boring as a physical act, but some kisses signal the start of a meaningful relationship, whereas others could just signal the start of a one-night stand!

nerdygirl said:
Kisses stop being meaningful? Geeze. That's sad. Call me old-fashioned, but for me, a kiss is not insignificant.

I agree.

And as for the college thing, I'm not in college right now, but when I do go, I won't do that whole party scene. It's not for me. Not every female is into the whole party scene. Guys think you're a whore if you're into it, and think you're stuck up if you're not. Can't really win either way, so I just do what I want.

VanillaCreme said:
And as for the college thing, I'm not in college right now, but when I do go, I won't do that whole party scene. It's not for me. Not every female is into the whole party scene. Guys think you're a whore if you're into it, and think you're stuck up if you're not. Can't really win either way, so I just do what I want.

It's always funny how everyone just assumes that college is PARTY TIME!!! Strangely enough, most of the people I've met during college have been serious, focused, intelligent students intent on obtaining their degrees. If I put a figure to the actual "college party crowd" I'd say it couldn't be much more than 10% of those actually enrolled in college/university.

I'm not saying that YOU are assuming this, Nilla...I just want to tell you that you don't hafta worry. BY FAR, most people in college are there for a reason; to learn. Just like you will be. :)

Badjedidude said:
VanillaCreme said:

It's always funny how everyone just assumes that college is PARTY TIME!!! Strangely enough, most of the people I've met during college have been serious, focused, intelligent students intent on obtaining their degrees. If I put a figure to the actual "college party crowd" I'd say it couldn't be much more than 10% of those actually enrolled in college/university.

I'm not saying that YOU are assuming this, Nilla...I just want to tell you that you don't hafta worry. BY FAR, most people in college are there for a reason; to learn. Just like you will be. :)

I've already been to college before, for about 2 weeks. Left. Wasn't for me. But with what I want to do, I'll have to go through the schooling for it. Hopefully, it won't be for too long.

?uest Love said:
like 19? my first kiss was when i was 17. It meant the world to me and it pulled me towards her like a magnet....but after i realized that our relationships to her was more like a fling....i learned to detach myself from the feelings that would naturally come with kissing someone. Now i can kiss any girl and not feel anything or get emotionally attached. I know it sucks.

Well, wait a minute. What's the point of kissing then? The thought of all that spit and bacteria and whatever bits of food stuff lingering anywhere on, near or in the mouth coming in contact with my mouth, for no reason.... Kind of... makes my OCD go into overdrive. At least I should get a bit of that loving feeling from it. I just couldn't kiss for no reason.

im still waiting for that meaningful kiss. my first kiss was some random thing that i did because i wanted to try it. it was a bad idea because the girl was kinda crazy and into drugs. the only other kissing i had was with some random girl in high school. we had a summer fling thing, it just sort of happened but we werent like connected or anything. i think it came out of the fact that i hadnt had a girlfriend yet and had very few freinds and she had just moved there and had a bad past and didnt know anyone yet. it was a comfort thing that potentially could have become more but we had an arguement and she basically threw it away to hang out with the "cool" kids and to do drugs.

wow, that is a sad story edgecrusher :/

mine was kinda very early on. i was about 13.

dead said:
wow, that is a sad story edgecrusher :/

mine was kinda very early on. i was about 13.

i was i think 15 on the first and then 16 or 17 with the other... i cant rememeber. wow, i just made myself feel old, lol.

Latest posts

Back