How open minded are you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can accept that others have different beliefs...doesn't mean I don't think they're wrong :p

I have this thing about people's image, though. How they dress and stuff. For instance, most young people who try to talk to me instantly get looked down on because of their dumb hats and crap. Why should I respect them if they're going to dress like fools? Don't even get me started on what they're actually trying to duplicate.

I just have this hard set notion of how a man should act and dress. A very classic image, possibly of a bygone era. Dyed hair, 'bling', and pants around your ankles are not part of it. Put on a pair of jeans, a clean shirt, get a haircut. Buy a pair of boots or respectable shoes, get some kind of suit for occasions that call for it. Then we can talk, because I'll be able to not laugh at you.

I'm also not open minded about drugs. Please, ask what I think of tweakers and their sorry ilk.

I'm open minded enough to know I don't have all the answers.
I'm open minded enough to stay teachable and willing to learn.
I'm open minded enough to know others don't have all the answers I need and can't live my life for me.
I'm open minded enough to know..I don't need all the answers and it's okay for me to not have all the answers.
I'm open minded enough to say.."FUCKEN NO...and fresia OFF"
I'm open minded enough to know I'm powerless over people. People are going to do what they're going to do.
I'm open minded enough to know I can't change anyone except but try to change myself.
I'm open minded enough to know I'm not a fucken mind reader.
I'm open minded enough to be willing to listen to others.
I'm open minded enough to belive in a HP..if people disagree with that..oh fucken will.
I'm open minded enough to stay willing to love again.
I'm open minded enough to belive in myself and love myself today.
I'm open minded enough to be able to make decisions for myself and what is best for me today.
I'm open minded enough to look at myself honestly and try to figure out what the fresia is up with me.....
I'm open minded enough to know this fucken life dosn't measure up to what I think it ought to be and a lof of it sucks ass...but there's plenty
of love and beauty in this life....if I stay open to it or open minded to it. It's not all bad. It never was or is.

I'm open minded enough to know that my fucken EGO gets in the way of me being openminded.
I'm open minded enough to know i make fucken mistakes,...crap loads of them and I'm openminded enough to try to learn from them
even if I made the same mistakes over and over again.
I'm open minded enough to admit my wrongs and try to correct things or clean up my fucken mess.

I'm -not- open minded enough to read many of the posts that Crow makes.

They end up not making sense and the writing style is very grating. Why can't he just use a paragraph?! Gyaaaahhhhh! I'm not a poet!

....Just airing the dirty laundry. Other than that, I love ya crow. :p

rocket is rocket is rocket is rocket is rocket :D

and I think having empathy goes a long way to being Open-Minded. Kindness is another good virtue to have if you are to be open-minded. This is just my opinion of course ;)

SophiaGrace said:
rocket is rocket is rocket is rocket is rocket :D

Rocketed to the 4th demension and into the spirit of the sunlight.
In other words:..Into the heart of god.

Some people say if I look into God's eyes..my hair will turn white.
All of God's love would be too much for me to bare....
FFS..I have a narly streak of gray hair on the side of my head..:(

Brian said:

They end up not making sense and the writing style is very grating. Why can't he just use a paragraph?!

I thought I was the only one!

Unacceptance said:
Brian said:

They end up not making sense and the writing style is very grating. Why can't he just use a paragraph?!

I thought I was the only one!

Lmao...becuase I'm your cure. Just keep posting.
It dosn't happen overnite. Give it time to sink in.
There you go again thinking.:p
Ya see.... god sent me into your life without your permission...lmao
Actaully...you asked the universe to send me into your life. You created me in your reality as you wish to see me.
The moment you focus on me...Hot **** here I am in your reality that you chioce it to be. It's quantuim physic 101. :p
I'm your soul catcher. Your reflection of me is actaully who you truely are.
It's perception 101....When you see blue...you actaully don't see blue...You see everything but blue.
When you see me...you don't actaully see me...you see everything else but me....You actaully see yourself.
If you can't understand me...you're simply saying you can't understand yourself.lmao

Lonesome Crow said:
If you can't understand me...you're simply saying you can't understand yourself.lmao

lol, I know I don't understand myself. But I do understand you ^ *Gets scared*

Bluey said:
Lonesome Crow said:

lol, I know I don't understand myself. But I do understand you ^ *Gets scared*

Lmao...that's very scary Bluey....becuase i don't understand myself
half of the **** time....But i understand you tho...

Something about I'm my bother's keeper perhaps.

I consider myself to be very open minded. People are complex and the more you meet the more you will realize that you can never really say that you have heard or seen it all. Someone will always have something different to say or an experience you never thought anyone you would meet to have gone through.

Hmmm... Interesting question. I guess the answer would be dependant ones interpretation of the concept of open-mindedness. To me, to have an open mind you need to possess the willingness to look at something, be it person, place, concept or thing, from all possible sides and angles prior to forming an opinion. In this context I would say I'm pretty open-minded.

Except for oysters. There isn't a side or angle in existance that can convince me they're anything but boogers in shells!

Hard to say. I like to think I am, and just from observing people in this area I am at least when compared to them.

I'm sure I am not without my periods of stubborn narrow mindedness.

Well I don't judge a person by how they look or act until I get to know them better. Normally though, I end up being friendly or cool with them.:cool:

Latest posts

Back