I’m moving to America

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg you like being alone? I am not sure about living with strangers but I cant stand being alone, idk how you do it.

Been alone pretty much my whole life.
Had my own room as a kid.
I commuted to college so I never lived in a dorm or a frat house.
Left home and been living alone since my early 20s.

Do I like being/living alone?
I suppose so.
I think I'd be fine with a live in girlfriend if we got along, but that's all in theory only.
I'm very set in my ways. How I cook my food, make my smoothies, wash my clothes, etc...
When I was staying in Korea my "SB/GF" (yes I was financially supporting her) insisted on doing my laundry, but did it wrong and shrunk my pants. I was quite angry but held it in because I did not want to make her cry. So I can see where stuff like this might drive me crazy after more than just a few weeks...

Been alone pretty much my whole life.
Had my own room as a kid.
I commuted to college so I never lived in a dorm or a frat house.
Left home and been living alone since my early 20s.

Do I like being/living alone?
I suppose so.
I think I'd be fine with a live in girlfriend if we got along, but that's all in theory only.
I'm very set in my ways. How I cook my food, make my smoothies, wash my clothes, etc...
When I was staying in Korea my "SB/GF" (yes I was financially supporting her) insisted on doing my laundry, but did it wrong and shrunk my pants. I was quite angry but held it in because I did not want to make her cry. So I can see where stuff like this might drive me crazy after more than just a few weeks...
She ruined your clothes! lool omggg I mean I'd be furious too.

thats not fairrrr lol I wishhh I like I pay 4 times that :( and I bet I dont have as much land
I have 2 acres of land. I don't know what you use or how much that is converted, so you'll have to figure that out yourself. lol
BUT, your house is likely nicer than mine is. Mine is nothing special. But yeah, that's what I'm saying. The more rural you go, the cheaper everything will be. Even going to the outskirts of a big city are going to make things cheaper.

Last edited:
Wait... you're going to NY? To get away from the cold?!? Come on, friends, we can do better than THAT for her.
Listen... @CenotaphGirl... look into San Diego, not LA. The climate is more closely aligned with Hawaii in SD. And the views are stunning. Expensive, but you can move out of limits there, as well.

Do you know how many people from up north have second homes down here in my town? Retires who call themselves SnowBirds. They come down here in Sep and don't leave until May to escape the cold and snow of the north.... LOLOL

I actually enjoyed all the visits I made to DC with all the cool bike and jogging paths... they're a VERY health friendly city. I have plenty of military friends that commute from that area.

My older boys lived in Wilmington, NC. THAT is a cute little college town and they get a little bit of all the seasons and they're only a few hours from the mountains and on the beach.

Now, there are some very pretty places in Arizona, too. The joke is... it's a DRY heat, but it IS hot as hell. The cool part is, most houses have pools and with the low humidity it gets desert chill/cool at night...
And I've always wanted to visit Colorado... just don't know if I'd live there.

Anyway... just some random thoughts from the old lady who is thinking about trying to post a job in the Azores, Guam or Okinawa here in the next year or so! :D :D

Have fun with it!! Treat it like a relationship, don't commit right away or sight unseen, try them ALL out!

Wait... you're going to NY? To get away from the cold?!? Come on, friends, we can do better than THAT for her.
Listen... @CenotaphGirl... look into San Diego, not LA. The climate is more closely aligned with Hawaii in SD. And the views are stunning. Expensive, but you can move out of limits there, as well.

Do you know how many people from up north have second homes down here in my town? Retires who call themselves SnowBirds. They come down here in Sep and don't leave until May to escape the cold and snow of the north.... LOLOL

I actually enjoyed all the visits I made to DC with all the cool bike and jogging paths... they're a VERY health friendly city. I have plenty of military friends that commute from that area.

My older boys lived in Wilmington, NC. THAT is a cute little college town and they get a little bit of all the seasons and they're only a few hours from the mountains and on the beach.

Now, there are some very pretty places in Arizona, too. The joke is... it's a DRY heat, but it IS hot as hell. The cool part is, most houses have pools and with the low humidity it gets desert chill/cool at night...
And I've always wanted to visit Colorado... just don't know if I'd live there.

Anyway... just some random thoughts from the old lady who is thinking about trying to post a job in the Azores, Guam or Okinawa here in the next year or so! :D :D

Have fun with it!! Treat it like a relationship, don't commit right away or sight unseen, try them ALL out!
Oooohhh!! I'm gonna look here tooo that sounds well nice!

Would you say it's a older crowed out there? :)

Like I wouldn't mind something large like a 4-5 bedroom place, do you think they are common in the states? In the UK I have a standard 3 bed, but it also has 3 bathrooms so it's really big for UK standards, theres a full bathroom on every floor as I love to have guests over... I dont do too well on my own lol
Done! Party at Ceno's place!!! Woohoo!

San Diego 😇
Um... so, my active duty Marine buddies that have been telling me to come visit just talk about there's SO much to do and how temperate and gorgeous the area is....
Obviously, they're my age, but there kids (who are late teens and early 20s love it there, as well). There's also a Marine Corps depot there, so I know that is a mixed age crowd. Pretty sure Miramar is there, which is also a Marine base.
I think there's over a million people there... can't say they're all older.... LOLOL

Um... so, my active duty Marine buddies that have been telling me to come visit just talk about there's SO much to do and how temperate and gorgeous the area is....
Obviously, they're my age, but there kids (who are late teens and early 20s love it there, as well). There's also a Marine Corps depot there, so I know that is a mixed age crowd. Pretty sure Miramar is there, which is also a Marine base.
I think there's over a million people there... can't say they're all older.... LOLOL
I was in San Diego for a few days in 1990.
It's beautiful.
La Jolla beach especially.

And yeah, there were sailors and marines all over the place.
Especially in the bars (well...strip clubs actually). And I have to say, they were very polite.

this is deffo working for meee I havent even heard of this place lol must be unproblematic 😇

Deep South. Everything's bass ackwards here. Only normal people get locked up...trust me I know. We do have dam good food and this is the home of the Blues. One night should do it. Come on down! Get some good soul food, have you some drinks, and feel some music.

Deep South. Everything's bass ackwards here. Only normal people get locked up...trust me I know. We do have dam good food and this is the home of the Blues. One night should do it. Come on down! Get some good soul food, have you some drinks, and feel some music.
Square dancing? BBQ’s? Excess Caloriesss!?!

Latest posts

Back