I don't know how to cope with being ugly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see anything bad about you...and you do look beautiful. In your case it seems like you think yourself ugly so in your mind it always says that you are ugly and it may be the reason you go to a psychiatrist...

It's what i think....

I used to have issues with my looks. I'm ninteen and untill I was fifteen I was the fat kid. There was this one guy who would point at me and yell "Hey Fatty, why are you so Fat?" in the hallway. This guy was a jackass, and then one day I realized, if this ******* is the only person who cares about my physique, then why should I worry about my weight?

I don't know what you look like, but I once had a crush on this girl and the few friends I had said she was ugly; but to be honest she was probably one of the cutest girls I have ever seen.

Cliche time! "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I would come up with something original, but my "Wit bar" has gone down to zero for today.

I used to think I was ugly, skinny, braces, bad skin. But recently two girls called me handsome, and wanted to date me.

On the other hand, there have been girls which my friends have called really ugly, but whom I have found cute, and been attracted to. Beauty is not just about looks, its about the way people smile, smell, voice, attitude, kindness etc

I completely agree with Ghostman and others, to really find and appreciate the beauty in others you have to reach out with more senses than sight. I find, some folks just throw off a certain feeling or vibe that can pull you right in. I'm lucky because reaching out like that has allowed me to experience a lot more beauty, in a lot more people. I honestly believe, EVERYONE has a unique beauty within them that is always more awesome than just a nice face or body.

in a way I am happy that I was/ thought i was ugly....it made me change the way i judge people...i used to be a bit more shallow...

i still am a little...but im trying to change myself

ghostman said:
Beauty is not just about looks, its about the way people smile, smell, voice, attitude, kindness etc

The most beautiful person i have ever known was someone that strangers never gave a second glance.

Minus said:
ghostman said:
Beauty is not just about looks, its about the way people smile, smell, voice, attitude, kindness etc

The most beautiful person i have ever known was someone that strangers never gave a second glance.

you know.. that is routinely the case here as well, to the point.

(and i so wish that it was not the case. i always feel like *I* have to pay for their cruelty by trying to convince the person i love that i am not lying to them, that i actually mean what i say :/. i guess that it is the true extent of these things that is so heartbreaking sometimes.)

I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself.
Nobody is physically perfect/flawless.. don't forget that.

Personality really is important!

If I had the choice between a model who was a total '*****' or a cute girl with a very nice personality.. but not the best body.. i'd choose the second.

Edit: if you'd like more oppinions.. post a picture?

I compensate for my ugly face by forcing others to tell me that I look good.

So far it's working. :p

Badjedidude said:
I compensate for my ugly face by forcing others to tell me that I look good.

So far it's working. :p

I compensate for my ugly face by talking about my enormous genitals. :p

^^^"Those who talk have not."

If there's anything I've learned in my life, it's that if a guy talks about how huge he is, about 98% of the time, he's not NEARLY as large as he says... in fact, usually fairly small. :p

No offense to you, btw. :p

Badjedidude said:
^^^"Those who talk have not."

If there's anything I've learned in my life, it's that if a guy talks about how huge he is, about 98% of the time, he's not NEARLY as large as he says... in fact, usually fairly small. :p

No offense to you, btw. :p

No offense taken :D

"Fine, fine, fine; *sigh*. I draw attention away from my ugly face with my tiny penis."

Great, now I can't stop giggling. Hmmm.... and I hope I haven't offended anyone....

^^^Hehe well thanks. :D

It's nice to know that my strategy of compliment-by-force is working! :p

I definately feel your pain. Don't give up on school it will be the best thing you can do in the long run. I struggle with the same emotions everyday. Class is a good way to meet a nice gal with similar aspirations and goals as you too :) That's how I met my wife (she asked me out). Ok so she has terrible taste but so be it (it can happen for you to)

Mrm--Here you are over here bashing yourself again...after Sophi distinctly forbid that behavior...Your wife has great taste... You better be careful now---Sophi'll get you for this... :D

mrmosaic said:
I definately feel your pain. Don't give up on school it will be the best thing you can do in the long run. I struggle with the same emotions everyday. Class is a good way to meet a nice gal with similar aspirations and goals as you too :) That's how I met my wife (she asked me out). Ok so she has terrible taste but so be it (it can happen for you to)

You are right. Don't give up school, never sacrifice knowledge. Your brain is as important as appearence. I've talked to many people at school who were hella attractive, but had totally no substance to their personality (and I'm not saying that all attractive people are dumb).

Latest posts

Back