I don't want to talk about sex.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootch

Reaction score
Seriously....

Even if they pretend they want to have an intellectual discussion, they honestly don't. I give up!! What happened to chat rooms being about chat?

If you have any issues with the forum chat room, you can PM myself or mintymint. Discussing chat room issues (the ALL chat room, that is) on the forum is discouraged.
As for other chat rooms, you can certainly discuss them here.

Have you looked for chat rooms that have strict rules against any kind of sexual discussion? Im sure there are some out there.

EveWasFramed said:
If you have any issues with the forum chat room, you can PM myself or mintymint. Discussing chat room issues (the ALL chat room, that is) on the forum is discouraged.

Have you looked for chat rooms that have strict rules against any kind of sexual discussion? Im sure there are some out there.

Oh noooo I don't mean anything here!! I have no problems with this site at all. The site I use claims to have rules against that kind of chat but people are finding ways around it it seems?

Scootch said:
EveWasFramed said:

Oh noooo I don't mean anything here!! I have no problems with this site at all. The site I use claims to have rules against that kind of chat but people are finding ways around it it seems?

hmmm...I don't use any other chat rooms so Im not sure what's out there. Have you tried reporting the rule breakers to whomever moderates the chat room you go to?

Just don't go onto chat roulette, I hear that's the worst one. You'll get underage kids exposing themselves on there.

Oh wait, you mean any chatroom?

Yes, those can get rather dirty.

I remember when I was 13, I went into an AOL chatroom (this is 18 years ago, mind you, AOL was still the king), and people were actually having cyber sex. As a horny and curious teenager, I engaged in it. That's probably why I'm so warped today.

The internet is full of a bunch of garbage. As an IT guy, I wouldn't let my kids near it. Even parental controls don't solve everything.

I think you may look at it from other perspective, even if that perspective doesnt contradict your experience.

I think its sad that there are people who need to seek any intimacy at chat forums, meaning the sexual kind of intimacy, as that is the closest they really get to a girl.
I think its rather sad. I dont know what else to think of it really.
But I guess its about finding there someone nice, who you can chat with frequently, who does not feel the need to turn the conversation into sexual themes.

I also chat, and kinda often actually, and I think I know what you are talking about, but I still think you may look for more quality chat places. Meaning, looking for those with some thematics, like of a hobby or something like that. In there, you would talk about that, rather than let the conversation partner decide where we wants to take it, as he is not publicly sating the desire to talk about such things. So I guess you should rather enter a chat room named "history of industrialization" rather than "supa dupa chat for teen people!".

The odd thing is, I've seen married couples do this. Seems like they can get all the sex they want with each other, but they have to interact it online.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have teens sexting, and that is dangerous as well. When I was a teenager, the internet was new, and not a lot of teenagers were on it. Now, there are tons of teenagers on the internet, without adult supervision, and you have a bloody mess. When you carry around an iPhone or iPad in your pocket, you can literally carry the whole online world around with you, anywhere.

Most other general chat rooms are like this; especially popular ones. A lot of people look for sex-chat and it's difficult to avoid. You may be better off looking for a specialized chat room or something.

I don't know why men are so obsessed with sex. It's not that big a deal, get over it!

Most men aren't like that though, you must be talking to perverts. Any normal person knows that sex isn't important, it's just a small part of life.

They're probably doing it just to bother other people, if they really wanted to get sex it's super-easy.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Getting sex isn't super easy. It's super hard.
Most people get sex without any trouble, so you're just making it hard for yourself. Just visit a professional if you're not willing to even try.

Boring-Weirdo said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Most people get sex without any trouble, so you're just making it hard for yourself. Just visit a professional if you're not willing to even try.

You assume that I don't try. This is a blanket statement that is just not true.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Boring-Weirdo said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

You assume that I don't try. This is a blanket statement that is just not true.

I'm sure you try. I'm just writing generally.

Boring-Weirdo said:
I'm sure you try. I'm just writing generally.

Making a general statement about someone, based on other people, is wrong.

I'm sure Brad Pitt has better luck dating than me. But since we're both human, does that make me just as good looking as Brad Pitt?

I look like Bill Gates. Does that mean I can throw millions of dollars, that I don't have, at something?

Generalization is wrong, as people have told me on here before.

Latest posts

Back