I feel sad when I see pictures...scrapbooks of people with their friends...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mooky2009 said:
I think that's quite a good idea ghostman! :)

Anyone who wants to add me on fb let me know, and I will pm you my details. Im a nice friendly person!!! =)

@LUNA
I feel the same way.......i always thought i am the only person going through this torture.
I have tried every thing that was posible to get out of this situation,it is so painful to be alone and more painful is the sight of people enjoying together.I pray a lot to find a companion but my prayers have gone unanswered....

when i read the first post... i started crying a little bit.. because i feel exactly the same... it's such a terrible feeling!!! i wish i had someone to be with.. so many times i wish i knew what it felt like to have someone who loved me just put their arms around me and hold me and make all the bad feelings go away...

I get that feeling so much, i get it on facebook, i get it watching tv, when im outside. I think about all the years that ive been friendless.........and the years to come :/

I get it, too...except I get it at another place no one mentioned.

I get it watching movies and tv shows!

I feel when I am watching movies or tv shows I am watching other people live their lives instead of living mine.

One show gives me so much pain but I watch it because it's something I sort of had before my mother died. It's Brothers and Sisters. At one point, I was part of a family, a large one but now that my mother is gone, things have changed.

How I envy the good times, the laughter, the dinners, the celebrations and closeness of this family.

I just want to add I am so glad I came across this thread. And I am so glad you people are so honest and not wanting to hide your feelings. I am 43, just sort of joined FB. I have no completed it nor do I go everday but the few times I have gone, I have gotten an inkling of what is to come. I am glad I read it here first to prepare myself and at least know I am not the only one. I love how one of you said you don't want to wear a mask. I LOVE THAT! That is beautiful! You just want to be you, no pretending. I love that and I would be so happy to have a friend like that! I don't think you realize how developed you are. Many cannot let go of the mask at all, ever and aren't' even aware they are wearing one.

Thanks you all.

Luna said:
At my workplace, at their homes...on the internet, it seems that so many people have pictures of themselves with their friends laughing and smiling.
Celebrating the "good times" and "memories" that they shared.

All my pictures...the few that I do keep, I am alone.

I am making a scrap-book of my travels, and took a look at some examples online...and of course, a lot of the pictures had friends together all sharing a laugh and having fun.
There are some nice scrap-booking albums and supplies out here, but I found that many of them will have the words
"Friends" "Memories together" "Shared laughs" etc. as part of the design.
Anything of the sort...I do not buy. Why would I?

It seems that I am reminded constantly...on a daily basis...of how alone I am...

At work, when I walk to my desk every.*******.day. everyone has pictures of themselves with their friends...celebrating their graduations, vacations together etc. in their cubicles...
My walls are bare except for the few work papers that I'll stick on.
I bought a little plant for myself, and a cute toy pig in attempt to brighten up my mood...but no, I still feel cold.

That deep...sinking feeling in my heart is all I ever feel...

I hate to see pictures of people together...
Especially pictures of people my age, having fun...
Facebook and all those social networking sites are for "connecting" with others...
For me, I only feel more and more disconnected...
I couldn't stand it anymore, and deleted my FB account...

I hate to see people with their friends together...
I hate to see people call, text others...
My phone never rings.
When it does, it's a list of orders that I get from my family...

Spring is near and people will be out together at the movies...
Couples kissing and holding hands...
People going on road trips, camping together...
fresia it...
I love traveling, but I crave not to have to do it alone...again...
Even traveling groups, I don't fit in...
I can't seem to start or maintain a person's interest...
I just wish I had someone by my side...
We don't have to speak much, but please...just for once, I wish someone would want to be with me...

Today, I tried to keep myself busy...
I went out and had dinner by myself...
And everywhere, everyone had someone...
Laughing, talking...fresia them...

I don't even know why I bother?
I have tried and tried to connect with people, but I can't relate...
Even if I take an interest in befriending them, it's never returned...

Online friendships helped me cope before...
But even then, it's not enough for me...
I don't even feel connected online...
I've stopped going to the ALL chats for that reason...
All I have to speak of is my sadness...
I can't even joke anymore...
I just feel empty and that I'm stepping closer and closer to my breaking point...

It's usually the same people that come back and read my posts...
I can't change, and even if I do change...fate doesn't change with me...
I don't know how to help myself.

I'm tired of trying...
I think the best thing to do is to wait until I just finally snap...
Wow.. I really sympathize Luna.. I know very well how it all feels like, the way you described it. It sucks major.. I go thru the same things over and over and over again in my head and I get sick and tired of it too.. Unfortunately being in the same boat I don't know if I have any answers for you but I do know this..
No matter what happens in the future I know that I cannot give up no matter how tempting it is.. and you can't too! No matter how much little hope there is we have to hold on to it.
In all the time I've been lonely I've learned how to live with myself. I think that is a key thing for people like us. Yes, we want friends and people around us but we also have to accept our situation at the moment and accept ourselves before we can move forward.

Luna said:
At my workplace, at their homes...on the internet, it seems that so many people have pictures of themselves with their friends laughing and smiling.
Celebrating the "good times" and "memories" that they shared.

All my pictures...the few that I do keep, I am alone.

I am making a scrap-book of my travels, and took a look at some examples online...and of course, a lot of the pictures had friends together all sharing a laugh and having fun.
There are some nice scrap-booking albums and supplies out here, but I found that many of them will have the words
"Friends" "Memories together" "Shared laughs" etc. as part of the design.
Anything of the sort...I do not buy. Why would I?

It seems that I am reminded constantly...on a daily basis...of how alone I am...

At work, when I walk to my desk every.*******.day. everyone has pictures of themselves with their friends...celebrating their graduations, vacations together etc. in their cubicles...
My walls are bare except for the few work papers that I'll stick on.
I bought a little plant for myself, and a cute toy pig in attempt to brighten up my mood...but no, I still feel cold.

That deep...sinking feeling in my heart is all I ever feel...

I hate to see pictures of people together...
Especially pictures of people my age, having fun...
Facebook and all those social networking sites are for "connecting" with others...
For me, I only feel more and more disconnected...
I couldn't stand it anymore, and deleted my FB account...

I hate to see people with their friends together...
I hate to see people call, text others...
My phone never rings.
When it does, it's a list of orders that I get from my family...

Spring is near and people will be out together at the movies...
Couples kissing and holding hands...
People going on road trips, camping together...
fresia it...
I love traveling, but I crave not to have to do it alone...again...
Even traveling groups, I don't fit in...
I can't seem to start or maintain a person's interest...
I just wish I had someone by my side...
We don't have to speak much, but please...just for once, I wish someone would want to be with me...

Today, I tried to keep myself busy...
I went out and had dinner by myself...
And everywhere, everyone had someone...
Laughing, talking...fresia them...

I don't even know why I bother?
I have tried and tried to connect with people, but I can't relate...
Even if I take an interest in befriending them, it's never returned...

Online friendships helped me cope before...
But even then, it's not enough for me...
I don't even feel connected online...
I've stopped going to the ALL chats for that reason...
All I have to speak of is my sadness...
I can't even joke anymore...
I just feel empty and that I'm stepping closer and closer to my breaking point...

It's usually the same people that come back and read my posts...
I can't change, and even if I do change...fate doesn't change with me...
I don't know how to help myself.

I'm tired of trying...
I think the best thing to do is to wait until I just finally snap...

Luna - I can COMPLETELY identify with your pain. I to, have no pictures of me with other people to share on my FB account and when I browse others profiles, I get a feeling of emptiness and loneliness.

When I try to connect with people, I find it difficult to get close to them because I sense that they will reject me if they got to know me. It bothers me that I feel that way, but what can I do - It's an automatic response built from years of abuse in my childhood and I can't shake it (I'm not saying that the same happened to you, but it did to me).

I hate being lonely, but fear being rejected by people even more and that is the rub - I think I might have Avoidant Personality Disorder, because of these issues.

I don't think it's that things are so bad for us that is the problem, I think it is that we are just reminded about how pissed off about how shallow the world of people that we live with is. I'm not angry about it, but I am frustrated that I can't find someone who will accept me unconditionally - as I am. I accept everyone and am kind and caring to everyone that I meet, but I am ignored and left out by them, while the obnoxious jerk is smothered with people loving them (or at least wanting to hang out with them).

Life is hard, then we die, I guess.

One thing that helps me is to remind myself that we are all the same - all an energy/life force that are in borrowed vessels for a finite amount of time on this earth and we can choose how we allow our minds to fresia with us. I just put my emotions in a box and look at them like they are a movie - staying present is an important thing to learn how to do.

I wish I could go on picture taking road trips with you so we can fill our FB pages up with memories and don't feel so left out.

Latest posts

Back