I hate introductions...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I read introduction posts because...

• I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'm new and I don't know anyone yet, so I haven't gotten invested in other topics

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I work (or "work", if unpaid) here so I'm obligated to. Shhh...don't tell anyone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This forum has given me so much that I just want to give a little back.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

I||u5i0n

Reaction score
Hi. I used to have a lot of friends on the internet, and then I became a different person and I don't relate to them anymore. It's been a couple of years and I figured that, instead of rehashing old roads and old frustrations with a bunch of people that I know (but don't like), I can find a new forum to be frustrated by a bunch of people that I don't know and might like.

So the basic gist - I'm a middle aged, unemployed IT guy with marital problems (which for the sake of brevity and everyone's sanity I will withhold for now). That being what it is, my r/l friends (of which there aren't many) are surely exhausted by my drama, but sometimes you just need to talk/vent/etc, you know?

I hate introductions because they always sound the same: "I generally try to be a happy person but sometimes life gets me down. I'm spiritual or religious or not and it works for me. I'm "kooky and wacky" and I come from a "kooky and wacky" family that's completely dysfunctional etc etc etc" blech - no thanks.

I'm just a guy that's sometimes a bit insecure, and feels that he was dropped into this life wholly unprepared. I feel like I've finally figured out some of the answers, but my spouse isn't quite on board. My recent unemployment is probably contributing (duh), but the problems have always been the same problems...they're just exaggerated right now.

I am exactly as up-front as I appear to be and I absolutely prefer people to treat me the same way. My feelings get hurt by people that lie to try to save them, and I highly respect anyone that can be honest without being belittling :)

I'm kind of just looking for a group of semi-anonymous friends that I can be honest and weak with...Wikipedia seemed to think this was an appropriate place.

J

Hey J, welcome to the forum. You sound like a pretty cool guy, I'm sorry that you're going through some issues with your marriage. Of course you know you can talk about them here if you require any form of insight by others here (I think there are quite a few members who've been through marriage and know their stuff to give some pretty good advice from my observations) or just an avenue to vent/rant/etc.

Hope you'll find what you're looking for here or at least some of it, if not at least some people you can make new friendships with. I know I managed to for myself.

[quote='I|]
I highly respect anyone that can be honest without being belittling :)
[/quote]

Could not have agreed more with you on that.

Good luck. :)

Latest posts

Back