I have failed.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breadbasket

Reaction score
I would know where to begin in this. I have failed to maintain relationships. Why do I always come back with a fit of rage, why can I never maintain a stable manner? I'm always mad. It never goes away.

Insecurity, frustration at unmet needs, shame for having them in the first place, anger that stems from that shame, and an overriding resentment towards those who fail to meet expectations.

hi breadbasket, sorry that this happens to you, but let me suggest a simple exercise. every time you are about to rage to someone, take a moment to think if it really is worth doing so, and what will be the consequences if you do. it may seem like an obvious thing to do, but it really does help a lot. cheers :)

Perhaps a hormonal imbalance is to blame. Get your levels checked. I know personally as a woman that if my hormones are off I get nuts for no reason :) But I think it can happen in men too, like too much testosterone surging through their blood-something like that. It can make someone a rage monster for no good reason.

rdor said:
Insecurity, frustration at unmet needs, shame for having them in the first place, anger that stems from that shame, and an overriding resentment towards those who fail to meet expectations.

THIS :(

ForGrantedWife said:
:) But I think it can happen in men too, like too much testosterone surging through their blood-something like that. It can make someone a rage monster for no good reason.

Yes, the hormonal changes that women have every month happens in men too, it's just not so pronounced.

You haven't failed, you've succeeded in demonstrating an incorrect way of doing it

ForGrantedWife said:
:) But I think it can happen in men too, like too much testosterone surging through their blood-something like that. It can make someone a rage monster for no good reason.

Yes, the hormonal changes that women have every month happens in men too, it's just not so pronounced.

You haven't failed, you've succeeded in demonstrating an incorrect way of doing it

What I'm about to say may very well be inaccurate as it is based on what little knowledge I have on it.

In our young age, we tend to be molded by situations and circumstance and people; our parents being the most prominent.

When it comes to such anger issues, more often than not, it's due to us seeing our parents control others using anger, omitting self-control.

I'll make it practical for you to overcome it.

1. Some people may tell you to leave the room and cool off when you feel anger swelling. While that is true, it's far better to completely avoid situations when you know you'll get angry.

2. If you do get angry, withdraw from the conversation and exit the room immediately. This takes self-control which takes practice to get the hang of.

If you fail, just remember to not get into self-pity because it'll always take time and that you're going against the natural human desire to shovel the face of an idiot asking for it.

welcome to the forum bread try to be more positive you have failed to maintain a relationship but soem people like me cant even start one. goodluck

Latest posts

Back