I have no one to reply on...do you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandora99

Reaction score
I guess the title says it all. I have a husband and kids but I am TRULY alone - in times of sickness and health. I'm not sure what to do. My sense of loneliness threatens to engulf me.

I kind of have an insight to how you are feeling, those times are tough. I basically only had contact with people who were my employess, my partners aunt and her boyfriend to go out and have drinks with, and a couple of employees close to my partner would come around for drinks.

My only comfort was the television where I'd watch dvd's and programmes, week after week I'd be going crazy having nothing to do, shopping in town only made me depressed because I had no one to go with and I would end up buying things I didn't need to fill in the void.

There's just no one to turn to when you need to converse, I had nothing to do at home either at that time I wasn't aware that there were chat rooms on the internet so would only download music, my entertainment was drinking alcohol and there was plenty of that but after a while you can only do the same thing over and over before it becomes dull.

Times have changed now, I have friends, re connected with 2 best friends from my teenage years, I'm going to school and have a part time job, so my time is pretty much filled in on the weekdays, I also have company at home, my ex was always working so it was just me and the pets. For conversation I go on forums, in chat rooms and on msn. I've made one friend here so will pop around to his place for coffees and a chat. And it looks like I might be making 2 more new friends at school, we've talked about going walking and maybe going down to the bowling alley, they're older than me by 10 - 20 years but I really enjoy their company.

Try www.interpals.net if your looking for a friend to talk on msn or email maybe even regular mail, it's a start to actually having something to do that doesn't center around having nothing to do at all. I kind of have in my head what I want to achieve and I work on it bit by bit. I googled places on the internet to find things to do, I wanted to play cards like euchre but unfortunately no one does in the town I live in. I did find a place to play Scrabble I'm not too sure if I want to go back since there weren't that many people there and what I was really looking for was a place to make friends, but I might go back not to sure just yet.

There's a few things I'd like to do in the future like Ceroc which is a place where you learn how to dance modern jive, you don't need a partner for this as you dance with the other members in a circle and rotate after you've learnt a part of the dance. Then I'd like to play a sport like badminton. I'm waiting until I get a full time job before I can do these things.

That was kind of bad of me assuming you had nothing to do, sorry got carried away. But yeah I guess I just wanted to ramble.

Latest posts

Back