I have Turner Syndrome and no one sees past my looks..ever

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyMcGoose

Reaction score

I know I'm..well I'm not normal looking and that puts people off.
I hate my face so much, I don't even need to be pretty, just average will do.
It's hard to be "different " I get treated like I'm slow and like Im sorta worthless.

I actually think you're quite pretty.
As far as other people go, don't let them get you down. Their opinions of you only matter if you let them. Hold your head up and be who you are instead of letting other people label you by what's wrong with you.
The way people treat you can make you resent things, but you can prove them wrong. Prove to them that you can do whatever you set out to do.

Hmm. I looked at your photos and basically couldn't see what you were on about - you look rather pretty to me.

So then I toodled along to wiki to have a look at Turner Syndrome. Which sounds like no picnic, particularly health-wise.

I know it is sad when people judge by looks. But I have always found that once people get to know someone, they just - stop noticing (although I don't know what there is to notice, based on your pics).

I speak from experience here. A relative by marriage of mine was terribly burned in the Korean war. The first time, as a child, I saw him I had been warned by my Mum not to stare. His face was like a horrible mask of flesh, swelled out in places by bubble-gum colored skin grafts (plastic surgery not so advanced back then), one hand a claw - no ears, no bottom lip ...

But after a while he was just 'Uncle Lenny'. I simple never saw it any more.

Unfortunately, you can't change people. But you can pick your friends - hope you have some good ones :)

jaguarundi said:
Hmm. I looked at your photos and basically couldn't see what you were on about - you look rather pretty to me.

So then I toodled along to wiki to have a look at Turner Syndrome. Which sounds like no picnic, particularly health-wise.

I know it is sad when people judge by looks. But I have always found that once people get to know someone, they just - stop noticing (although I don't know what there is to notice, based on your pics).

I speak from experience here. A relative by marriage of mine was terribly burned in the Korean war. The first time, as a child, I saw him I had been warned by my Mum not to stare. His face was like a horrible mask of flesh, swelled out in places by bubble-gum colored skin grafts (plastic surgery not so advanced back then), one hand a claw - no ears, no bottom lip ...

But after a while he was just 'Uncle Lenny'. I simple never saw it any more.

Unfortunately, you can't change people. But you can pick your friends - hope you have some good ones :)
Thanks :) thankfully my health is fine right now, my TS is pretty mild. I've never had any real health issues. That is something I am so greatful for.

You look fine to me, lets be honest, very few of us are super model or hunk type lookers anyway!!!

LucyMcGoose said:

I know I'm..well I'm not normal looking and that puts people off.
I hate my face so much, I don't even need to be pretty, just average will do.
It's hard to be "different " I get treated like I'm slow and like Im sorta worthless.

You're not worthless! And obviously with what you've had to deal with, you're being brave and strong!

From your photos, I can't see anything major or problematic. I will warn, though, that people can stigmatise based on the mention of a type of illness alone. It may be an idea to introduce yourself - your image (which I think I wouldn't have noticed as anything particularly wrong) - first then mention the point after.

Don't compare yourself to models, as there are types of beauty that aren't physical. I won't look like a male model myself, but I'd say my strength is more towards my intellect.

I too am failing to see what ever it is that you feel is wrong with your looks.

wow, you are most attractive, with gorgeous eyes. It would be hard for me not to stare too long because you are attractive.

*hugs*
Lucy, you're a beautiful woman. I know what you mean though, feeling different because of something that is apart of you sometimes gets to you. But I guess you can also turn that around and say that you're better off without them because you wouldn't want people like that in your circle. So believe in yourself, keep being positive and believe you're beautiful inside and out - because that's the least you can do for yourself here. All the best. And hey, you can make some new awesome friends from here. Lots of nice folks around here. ;)

Being a newbie myself I can say ladyforsaken is correct about lots of nice people here and I think you're very pretty too.

ladyforsaken said:
*hugs*
Lucy, you're a beautiful woman. I know what you mean though, feeling different because of something that is apart of you sometimes gets to you. But I guess you can also turn that around and say that you're better off without them because you wouldn't want people like that in your circle. So believe in yourself, keep being positive and believe you're beautiful inside and out - because that's the least you can do for yourself here. All the best. And hey, you can make some new awesome friends from here. Lots of nice folks around here. ;)
Thanks! I'm not as shallow as my post makes me seem, I never judge peoples looks myself, only my own.
As far as having turners goes, I really don't think about it too much as
I have no health issues or anything.

Oh my! You know who you remind me of? And I dare anyone to tell me she's not beautiful. She's one of my all-time favorites, and such a classic.

images

Bette Davis.

But I have to restate what Minus said... I'm failing to see whatever that you see is wrong with you. If you hold your head down with shame or hurt or whatever you're feeling, people can probably pick up on that.

Yeah, Vanilla, you have it. Those are Betty Davis' eyes.

Latest posts

Back