I knew him since he was 3......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Code S.O.L

Reaction score
My step brother. First time I met him was eleven years ago, when my dad and his current wife were dating. Watched the little man go through pre school, primary school, etc, etc.......

Fast forward to now, he's making his way through high school. And he already has his first girlfriend. At the age of 14. Granted, I would've preferred him to have waited at least another year before adventuring into the attractions of the opposite sex, and this companionship he has will probably last no more than two weeks from the writing of this post.

Still, I have to admit I feel alittle broken when I see the facebook pics being posted. Maybe some of you might know how I feel right now, when kids the height of our knees we knew so long ago, are now having their first dates/kisses/etc, while some of us, half way through our twenties, have barely even had a glance shot at us.

Or maybe not...... either way, I'm feeling alittle vulnerable right now.

I totally know how you feel, I used to babysit when I was in high school and seeing the kids grow up and experience life is exciting for them but yeah, makes you look at your life and think, why can't I have that? I have a part time co-worker who's 15 and he's already done more at his age then I did at his age, way more. It's hard not to feel a little jealous for those it comes so easy for.

It's weird to think about. I used to babysit these two little kids, the little boy was 2 and his sister was 5 when I started watching them. And sometimes I find myself thinking about how they grew up. I watched the boy more, since the sister had school to attend, so naturally my thoughts go to him more. I was 15, 16 when I watched him, and I'm 22 now. I'd love to see him now and see if he even remembers me.

I also think about how my cousins have grown so much. They're almost teenagers now. A few more years and they'll be in high school. I remember when they were born, sitting in the hospital, waiting for them to come.

It's funny how time goes by.

VanillaCreme said:
It's weird to think about. I used to babysit these two little kids, the little boy was 2 and his sister was 5 when I started watching them. And sometimes I find myself thinking about how they grew up. I watched the boy more, since the sister had school to attend, so naturally my thoughts go to him more. I was 15, 16 when I watched him, and I'm 22 now. I'd love to see him now and see if he even remembers me.

I also think about how my cousins have grown so much. They're almost teenagers now. A few more years and they'll be in high school. I remember when they were born, sitting in the hospital, waiting for them to come.

It's funny how time goes by.

22? I didn't know you were only 22.

Code S.O.L said:
Still, I have to admit I feel alittle broken when I see the facebook pics being posted. Maybe some of you might know how I feel right now, when kids the height of our knees we knew so long ago, are now having their first dates/kisses/etc, while some of us, half way through our twenties, have barely even had a glance shot at us.

hs_oly_flat_lrg.jpg

It's waiting for you to change this fact.

Latest posts

Back