I need to move!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shatnerfan

Reaction score
I'm stuck here in Ohio but want to move so bad! I fear that if I give up my job I won't get another one with the unemployment and all.

Advice?

That's a pretty vague question.

We'd need more details to give any real advice. What is your current job? How much do you make? Why do you want to leave Ohio so badly? What possible job would you look for if you DID move?

It may be a bad idea to move without a job set up depending on the type of housing you want to get in the new location. Apartment complexes and landlords often want to see savings and/or a steady income.

General advice: look for a job in the area, move to the job.

We need more specifics.

I make OK money but this area sucks. I need action and there just isn't any around here. There is the one woman who really gives me the creeps too who will not leave me alone. I'm lonely and all but I don't want to be friends with just anyone.

shatnerfan said:
I make OK money but this area sucks. I need action and there just isn't any around here. There is the one woman who really gives me the creeps too who will not leave me alone. I'm lonely and all but I don't want to be friends with just anyone.

How much do you make per year? How long does it usually take you to find a job if you don't have one?

Rule of thumb is to have savings for three months of life without income, plus expense of moving. That used to be enough to find a job in time, but I don't know if it is still is in today's economy.

apply elsewhere
but dont move until you actually get a job in the city or place you want

moving to somewhere without a job is not a good idea.

Latest posts

Back