I simply haven't met the right girl yet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
That is the only explanation I can think of for why I have always been single.

There have been women who have been interested in me, but I just haven't clicked with any of them. And if something starts to work out, I never see her again, or things get awkward, and that's the way it goes.

I do believe that God has a woman out there for me. I do believe I was meant to be a father, and have biological children. It's just taking a bit longer, but life isn't a race, and I shouldn't pretend that it is. It may be a bit humiliating to be 30 and never even kissed a woman, but that doesn't mean it can't happen tomorrow.

The reason I went from "I'm ugly" to a more positive thing tonight is that I went out, and actually had some women looking at me, as if they found me attractive enough to date.

There could not possibly be one woman for you unless God was an interventionist pre-occupied with your love life.

There must be billions of 'em out there so the odds are in your favour.

Good theory but the waiting thing is the worst part. If you have no confidence and no girl comes up to you then it continues

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
The reason I went from "I'm ugly" to a more positive thing tonight is that I went out, and actually had some women looking at me, as if they found me attractive enough to date.

Those are some incredible changes to have made.

This is amazing LeaningIntoTheMuse. I'm sure you can find someone whose right for you.

drr26 said:
Good theory but the waiting thing is the worst part. If you have no confidence and no girl comes up to you then it continues

How is this modus operandi logically justified? Why is it perpetuated? I don't ask this as a smartarse, it's a genuine inquiry.

Yes... make sure you don't sit around waiting for the right gal to fall into your lap. Unless you spend a lot of time around banana peels or on buses with bad drivers, it probably won't happen.

I'm not waiting for the perfect girl. I am waiting for "a girl."

Some guys have bad luck at relationships, but that doesn't mean they can't, or will never, date.

Well, unless you just want to settle, I'd say keep waiting. Because I'd rather wait 100 years for someone I click with, than to be around someone that I just don't get along with.

There's a difference between being perfect and being perfect for you... If you don't have the inclination to wait around on the ideal, just make sure you don't end up with somebody who cannot meet your needs.

nerdygirl said:
There's a difference between being perfect and being perfect for you... If you don't have the inclination to wait around on the ideal, just make sure you don't end up with somebody who cannot meet your needs.

Absolutely. People tend to think that their perfect has to match every other version of perfect. It doesn't. My perfect was a gamer dude who knew about cars and how to fix stuff. Not typical at all, and some may even laugh at my ideal... But it's mine. No one else has to like it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'd prefer a geeky artistic girl who is a musician. I get along best with fellow musicians.

You may get along best with them, but what if by chance you met someone who wasn't a musician herself, but highly appreciated the skills it takes, and she loved to hear you play? Would you then turn her down because she was not a musician herself? Or would you love the fact that she appreciates it just as much, or if not more so, than you?

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'd prefer a geeky artistic girl who is a musician. I get along best with fellow musicians.

You may get along best with them, but what if by chance you met someone who wasn't a musician herself, but highly appreciated the skills it takes, and she loved to hear you play? Would you then turn her down because she was not a musician herself? Or would you love the fact that she appreciates it just as much, or if not more so, than you?

I would appreciate a woman who liked music. I couldn't date someone who couldn't discuss music with me...it's just not going to happen. Music is my life.

That being said, if she was a musician, and we could create music together, that would be awesome. One of my favorite things is to get in the studio with friend, or fool around with writing songs and experimenting with ideas. If she could push me to go in different directions musically, and me with her...that would be true love, IMO.

Of course, we'd have to get along in other ways, but...yeah, if she was a musician, that would be my dream date. It's no wonder that all my celeb crushes are rocker chicks. :p

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

I would appreciate a woman who liked music. I couldn't date someone who couldn't discuss music with me...it's just not going to happen. Music is my life.

As tough as it might be to be with someone you can't talk to about certain things.. I think it's okay to keep an open mind. You can always share the love of music with your other music buddies. She can't be everything to you now, can she? At least, EYE don't think that's possible. Or maybe I've not experienced that to say it can happen.

Latest posts

Back