I will never get a girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I guess it's the difference between science and religion.

Science is logical, but doesn't have a lot of emotion behind it. Religion is emotional, but doesn't have a lot of logic behind it.

You could say that. Religion is (to me anyway) about faith and belief. Love (to me) is also about faith and having that belief that you'll find someone who is the other matching half to your broken cookie. And also, when you find that someone, the trust that you'll hopefully have within them.

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I guess it's the difference between science and religion.

Science is logical, but doesn't have a lot of emotion behind it. Religion is emotional, but doesn't have a lot of logic behind it.

You could say that. Religion is (to me anyway) about faith and belief. Love (to me) is also about faith and having that belief that you'll find someone who is the other matching half to your broken cookie. And also, when you find that someone, the trust that you'll hopefully have within them.

I'm religious, so I wasn't questioning religion. I was just saying that it's more about emotion than what can be proven.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm religious, so I wasn't questioning religion. I was just saying that it's more about emotion than what can be proven.

Once again, you're over-analyzing. I wasn't questioning religion either, nor your belief in it. If anything, I was agreeing with what you said. Stop over thinking things so much. Not everything is logical, whether you want it to be or not, and there's not always a thought to some things. Also, it's not always about proving something.

As VC said, maybe stop obsessing over finding the answer. People who over stress self-analysis/improvement inadvertently imply perfection is necessary to be worthy of a relationship. If that were true everyone should be alone.

Worse, it's as if you should go meditate in a cave for 20 years on how to approach or 'game' women (hate that term.), crack the code, solve the mystery (puke.) All of which puts you in a perpetual state of insecurity were you'll take every rejection as a condemnation.

Latest posts

Back