ideal person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst part is when the shower mirror is about a foot lower than eye level. ><

yes that does suck. majorly. and I'm 4 inches shorter than you, so you've deffs got it worse.

I'm only 5'8 and it doesn't really bother me to be honest.
although sometimes I wish I were taller so I could look more imposing... but when I think about it it might be more of a burden then it's worth. oh well, both sides have ups and downs.
My only real problem with it is I know I'd never get a girl who was taller than then me.

EDIT: lol can't spell tonight

O.O wow...every one here towers me... im only 5'5" but im azn so i got an excuse... but obviously i didnt get enough veggies xD.

hmm my ideal girl... i dunno someone who likes me for me and is honest... like at first when you attracted to someone looks seem to matter but after you get to know them looks fade away...

there are plenty of girls over 5'8". I know quite a few taller than me, and I'm 5'9".
And I rarely eat veggies... don't think it affects height much.

Qui said:
there are plenty of girls over 5'8". I know quite a few taller than me, and I'm 5'9".
And I rarely eat veggies... don't think it affects height much.
I know, I meant that I'd never be able to get with a girl taller than me, as most girls (or at least around here) prefer taller men.

AngryLoner said:
I know, I meant that I'd never be able to get with a girl taller than me, as most girls (or at least around here) prefer taller men.

i dont wanna go where you live... id be even lonelier than i am now *cries*
why did genetics deal me a bad hand =(

unless the girls over there have yellow fever... then id have a chance o(^-^ ) O

hah, i happened to be very conscious about my height; i'm 5'7 on a good day.
but lately, it seems to matter less and less for me. maybe i'm getting old. or maybe i've been doing what i like for a while and that has defined me more than my height or appearance.

on to the subject,
my ideal companion would be someone with an artistic mind, who likes to do things with her hands. those eyes, that mouth ..would reveal her caring nature.. and mystic soul. she would not be overly ambitious and would rarely resent other people. she would put on Something Swingin' or Billie Holiday while crafting,.. or Bowie's best Of when her friends would come over.. anything casual. she would have many of these qualities i'm not too familiar with.. and i would love her for that.

husky said:
hah, i happened to be very conscious about my height; i'm 5'7 on a good day.
but lately, it seems to matter less and less for me. maybe i'm getting old. or maybe i've been doing what i like for a while and that has defined me more than my height or appearance.

on to the subject,
my ideal companion would be someone with an artistic mind, who likes to do things with her hands. those eyes, that mouth ..would reveal her caring nature.. and mystic soul. she would not be overly ambitious and would rarely resent other people. she would put on Something Swingin' or Billie Holiday while crafting,.. or Bowie's best Of when her friends would come over.. anything casual. she would have many of these qualities i'm not too familiar with.. and i would love her for that.

That sounds very specific... I am thinking it describes a specificly specific person. Am I right?

I did pause before writing that he would not be shorter than 5'11 because i may miss out on somebody good, but I have dated shorter guys and I just didn't feel safe. It just makes me feel more secure and safe with a taller man. I just feel that any guy the same height as me, if anything happened or we were attacked that I would have to help to save him and me. For instance, when you go out as a couple, some guy somewhere may make some sort of suggestive comment to you or about you in front of the guy and that is where the terror begins, first, the shorter guy make catch some sort of Napolean complex and go off and that's scarey because you know that you may have to help him, secondly, he may be scared and say nothing but get all nervous and then you have to feel bad for the guy, or maybe he is secure enough to ignore the guy or guys and that is good, but in my opinion, it is rarer for the shorter guy to be that secure, he has something to prove, so that's the only reason, just personal safety

Lost in the Oilfield said:
A girl with an understanding in her heart.
She wants to be held, but can hold in return.
She wants to be heard, but knows how to listen.
She wants to laugh, but can act the fool too.
She wants to lose herself in my eyes, and I in hers.
She wants someone to grow old and wrinkled with.
She dreams of the future, with me by her side.
She will know that I will always be there.
She will know that I will always care.
She will know that my loyalty is eternal and unwavering.
She will know that I will do anything for love... but "I won't do that. Oh no I won't do that." (lol)
She will know that I cannot be serious most of the time because most times life is just too serious to be taken seriously.
She will know that I've suffered poverty and starvation, and so I will be driven to always work hard and provide because I would never want her to suffer the same (or to suffer that again myself).
She doesn't mind if I spoil her sometimes.
She will share my love of nature and it's quiet sanctuary.
She can accept that I have only two close friends.
She can accept that my best friend will be her.
She can accept that I have been hurt, but can look past the pain.
She can accept that I hate telephones, but still would love to hear her voice.
She can accept that I am what I am, but that I am ever changing.
She can accept that sometimes I need to be alone.
She can accept that I despise gossips.
She is not self-absorbed.
She is not petty or cruel.
She is not a socialite.
She knows that she will be loved with a heart that has loved and lost but never grew callous... just like a muscle, it grew larger from the use.

WOW. That's amazing. Dang you for making me cry! Can I use this as a list of my requirements? (assuming I have the guts to get divorced)

And this line:
She will know that I've suffered poverty and starvation, and so I will be driven to always work hard and provide because I would never want her to suffer the same (or to suffer that again myself).

That touched me the most.

All my life I have just needed someone to hold me during the rough times and say "It's going to be ok." I've never had that.

broken_girl said:
All my life I have just needed someone to hold me during the rough times and say "It's going to be ok." I've never had that.

*hugs over the internet*
It's going to be ok. In a non-gay way.

Qui said:
broken_girl said:

*hugs over the internet*
It's going to be ok. In a non-gay way.

Hahahaha that was the funniest rhyme I've heard in weeks!

Yes broken-girl you most certainly can...
though those are just the ideals...
Life is almost never ideal...
So we must be flexible...

-----

O by the way I'm not playing down your pain Broken, or making fun of your compassion Qui... (in case someone reads that bit above the wrong way) just liked the rhyme "It's going to be ok. In a non-gay way." :)

well the person i want i have yet to meet,,,by what we communicate on msn he seems to be what i want and need

Loving
Affectionate
Caring
a good listener
what ever i do wont ever change the way he feels about me

like in the song i"ll stand by you:

Oh, why do you look so sad?
The Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
'Cause I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me you love you less

I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll stand by you

So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which patch to choose
Let me come along
'Cause even if you're wrong

I'll stand by you, I'l stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll stand by you

Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
And when, when the night falls on you baby
You're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own

I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you

Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you...

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Yes broken-girl you most certainly can...
though those are just the ideals...
Life is almost never ideal...
So we must be flexible...

Thank you. And I used the word "requirements" loosely.

mimizu said:
Required cupsize updated. ; P But really, what she wrote, it sounds kinda... -_-. I am 5'8" and a half. I'm shorter than most guys I know. -_- Oh well, nice to know again how worthless I am.

=D cool you are that tall? nice nice, i only see 5'4''s around~ ahaha

Hay, suna, How you going, Good I hope, and btw guys am only 5'4''s

Dynamite comes in small packages

LoL.....man, you sure are tall....but i don't really know how much that is in feet but yeah i am 1.7m tall...pretty short for a guy....=( infact, all the girls i know, most of them are taller than me....which is rather sad....lol....my idea person, some girl (regardless of height lol....well, because i sorta think it would be the other way round....girls finding me too short) who is understanding , kind, loyal and jovial....who always like to smile....but i guess my requirements are high lol....man who am i kidding myself....If i can find a gal, regardless of how she is, it would be like striking jackpot lol. =)

bluey said:
Dynamite comes in small packages

Yes, that was great bluey XD !!!

You have a low center of gravity... this makes you way more of a threat than a tall guy in a fight.

I'd rather take on a guy over 6' than under any day.

Latest posts

Back