I'm a 48 year old man and I now have a 20 year old girl friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienated said:
It started as me trying to help her on another forum, she was a very tormented girl. We became close because we each serve a essential need for each other, we need each other !!
So you met online? Interesting. It is always said that online stuff has a small chance of working out. I'm glad to learn of an instance where the odds were beaten.

Alienated said:
I need someone to care for, and she needs someone to care for her. I came from a horrible back-round too of self hate, loathing, and destructiveness ... But I found a way out, and I tend to guide and show her how to live. And in turn she gives me a reason to live.
This reminds me of a similar story I found on Reddit. Some guy was scanning Craigslist and responded to an ad that said, "I like to fresia geeks" or something to that effect. He reckons he only stood a chance with her because she had daddy issues. A bit self-depreciating, but at least he's honest. Why am I telling you that?

Alienated said:
And lets not forget the obvious ... she's 20, and I haven't had a relationship since before she was born.... She's willing, and I am NOT going to say no !! I live in the USA, and personally can't stand American women... :club:
****. Oh, God. I agree with your sentiment on American women. For me, it expands to Western women in general, but American ones are low on the chart for me. Way below it, in fact. You mentioned her being Canadian. Canadian women did interest me for a while, but some say they're worse than their counterparts to the south. Lot of beautiful women there though; that's for sure.

Alienated said:
She is as shy and timid as anyone I have ever seen, listens to every word I say, and adores me. I am going to die with a BIG SMILE on my face, but won't have any blood in it... If you know what I mean ..
:D
I can't say I know what you mean at all, sir.

Alienated said:
I have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. After 7 years in isolation, I am not going to die alone. Because I couldn't find anyone that cares... She does. And that's good enough reason for me to try.
I'm not trying to talk you out of it. Unlike most people (here and elsewhere), I'm not a member of the S.S. Forever Complaining. You were lonely; you found someone; now you're not. You fixed your stuff instead of choosing to whine about it. I'm 100% on your side and agree with what you're doing. Do whatever you can to fix yourself. Date someone younger, get a puppy, become a counter-terrorist, join the Navy. Do something, you know? Go for it, guy. And do keep us posted!

Congratulations. Some might judge for the age gap but I certainly won't. If you're dying from a blood disorder then no one else's judgment ought to matter, anyway. If I were in your shoes I'd do whatever I like & **** the consequences. Can't say I'm that optimistic about your successfully putting this girl back together psychologically (I'm skeptical toward clinical psychology in general) but who knows, you might pull it off.

Plus as a man getting into middle age, I give you credit for pulling in a hot 20-year-old. You ladies' man, you! :D

She is so insecure she won't leave her house without a vail, she can't work, has no experience, and her folks want her out.

It must be nice for an older guy to find someone so perfect -
as shy and timid as anyone I have ever seen, is lady like, listens to every word I say, and adores me

I am quite intrigued however to note how she is going to keep her veil on whilst you are
humping the crap out of her at a local waterfall, and park, and lake, and river, and any other place that looks good
. As she is so shy and ladylike, I guess it will have to be a bag over her head instead? Or is sex in a public place the new psychological therapy for damaged, shy, self-mutilating young ladies?

Also, as this girl is abandoning her native country, her parents and her home to come and fresia your brains out whilst you are dying, might one ask what is to become of her once you are, as it were, gone? I do hope that as well as a diamond that she might find and (happy days!) get to keep at some public diamond mine in your country, you are planning on giving her perhaps, a thin gold band on the third finger of her left hand? Because, unless you are paying her for her services, she could end up broke, homeless, friendless and sorrowing in a foreign country.

But then, she is a 20 year-old-girl, and you are a 48 year old man, and I guess that's all that really matters, after all.

This has turned into a hate-fest. Alienated, I'm going to do you a solid and say /thread. Meaning: Let this thread die.

The Underdog said:
This has turned into a hate-fest. Alienated, I'm going to do you a solid and say /thread. Meaning: Let this thread die.

Well.... At least I left my mark, that will stay when I am gone. Just want to leave a final note.

Sometimes things come back to bite you in the ass. It's been fun.

It hasn't turned into a hate thread. People have different opinions. Jag makes some fine points in her post.

Alienated said:
Well.... At least I left my mark, that will stay when I am gone. Just want to leave a final note.

Sometimes things come back to bite you in the ass. It's been fun.
Some folks are just bitter. What else is there to say? I'll be sure to send you a PM once in a while if I remember.

How is what she said constructive, Eve? I mean, seriously?

She makes some good points, but it's the way she said it. I suppose it's okay to bully others, as long as you are trying to give advice?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
How is what she said constructive, Eve? I mean, seriously?

She makes some good points, but it's the way she said it. I suppose it's okay to bully others, as long as you are trying to give advice?

She wasn't bullying anyone. I have no idea why you'd think that.
She makes some VERY good points as to the well-being of this girl if/when the OP ....passes.
Why doesn't anyone consider this girl's interest in the situation?

This thread is done. Never have I been so disgusted with some of the behviour put forth here. NO ONE is an object to be used for ones enjoyment. This isn't a frat house this is a loneliness forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back