I'm finished

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eureka7

Reaction score
After a long while I've decided that I'm finished with social interaction. As days go on I become angrier and more prone to isolating myself from everyone else. This need to conform to a stagnant society has taken its toll and I want nothing to do with it anymore. I go to high school for the last few months before graduation (I'll be 19 on Saint Patrick's Day) and see nothing worth liking. My "friends" have amused themselves with me and have gpne on to do everything that I've ever wanted to do, all while doing nothing to attain it. The standard rabble that go out of their way to annoy passerby hav been broken down and run off by me, because if one does not react the way that these subhuman freaks want them to, then they are "scary" and "wierd" and should be avoided if they value homeostasis. My mother is domineering and threatens me with eviction and calls to the armed forces. I've also given up on sex and relationships and am choosing to abstain from any amorous behaviour with anyone at all. Besides, women are only after one's livelihood, why would I give this to them? This being said, how can I do this effectively? I'm avoiding everyone I know but they can' to understand. Any methods on living alone and shutting people out would be appreciated.

So you're ready to start a new chapter in your life. Whether you get a job or continue studying after high school, there will be opportunities to make more and different friends. After all, you get to choose who spend time with. And you don't have to stay around your mother forever. There's all sorts of folks out there, you'll find the right people eventually if you keep your attitude in check and be a bit more open and forward-looking.

I feel the exact same way about society. All my "friends" want to do is drink, twerk, drink and twerk, talk about superficial junk, take narcisisstic "selfie" pictures, say racist things about others (including me), and play with their phones. Even guys i date are into this crap and it makes me feel sad that they don't appreciate a level-headed woman. Guys in my generation only care about big asses and the M.A.C. mask (tons of make-up). I'm 27 in March and I feel like no one has evolved since high school. I would THINK at my age, my peers would be more wise and open-minded. It's an extremely lonely feeling when no one seems to be on the same page as you. I live in Los Angeles which is the worst place to find decent people. L.A. is full of fakes and wannabes and I've always been proud of not conforming... but it seems like I need to conform in this society for people to like me. I understand how lonely "not fitting in" feels. I dumped a lot of friends because I'd rather have no friends than having fake ones I have to pretend around.

You're still young and have college where you will find people like you. I'm still in college but everyone is either younger or is my age with kids, so it's been hard to create friendships. Continue to post here because I've found there are kind people here who feel just as alone as we do. I feel it helps me since I don't have much support either.

KJay said:
I feel the exact same way about society. All my "friends" want to do is drink, twerk, drink and twerk, talk about superficial junk, take narcisisstic "selfie" pictures, say racist things about others (including me), and play with their phones. Even guys i date are into this crap and it makes me feel sad that they don't appreciate a level-headed woman. Guys in my generation only care about big asses and the M.A.C. mask (tons of make-up). I'm 27 in March and I feel like no one has evolved since high school. I would THINK at my age, my peers would be more wise and open-minded. It's an extremely lonely feeling when no one seems to be on the same page as you. I live in Los Angeles which is the worst place to find decent people. L.A. is full of fakes and wannabes and I've always been proud of not conforming... but it seems like I need to conform in this society for people to like me. I understand how lonely "not fitting in" feels. I dumped a lot of friends because I'd rather have no friends than having fake ones I have to pretend around.
It dose not seem like that have grown up at all. I know exactaly how hard it is to not do ant of that stuff. I remember even falling into the trap. All my twitter feed is the same just about. Someone is complaining about somebody is being fake or this person only cares about smoking weed. I guess it comes from people not focusing on what's important.

And anything that's not associated with the media is discussed, theb they will either call you weird or ask you what you are talking about, trying to humiliate you in front of the rest of the zombies, being 18 sucks. It's bad enough that I'm an "uncle tom" for not following the doctrine that so many people follow, but I'm "weird" as well. Once again, being 18 in this era is horrible.

mintymint said:
So you're ready to start a new chapter in your life. Whether you get a job or continue studying after high school, there will be opportunities to make more and different friends. After all, you get to choose who spend time with. And you don't have to stay around your mother forever. There's all sorts of folks out there, you'll find the right people eventually if you keep your attitude in check and be a bit more open and forward-looking.

You took the words out of my mouth, now I don't have to reply.
You are one intelligent person.
Louise

EveWasFramed said:
Eureka7 said:
Besides, women are only after one's livelihood, why would I give this to them?

Eureka7 said:
Any methods on living alone and shutting people out would be appreciated.

I'd say that you have your method down already. Enjoy.

While I don't agree with the overly general nature of Eureka7's statement at all, I think you may be being a tad harsh in your reply Eve. I don't live in the U.S (which I'm guessing he does) but you have to consider the fact that the U.S divorce courts highly favours women financially and that the American divorce rate is around 50%. This may be the reason why he seems as cynical as he does, as so many men are losing their entire livelihood unfairly as a result of long term relationships or marriage ending in divorce, it can make you think "Well why would I bother when I have so much to lose and see this happening all around me?"

Again, I'm not defending the absoluteness of his statement at all but you have to see why this mindset has come into existence amongst some men.

Stonelands said:
EveWasFramed said:
Eureka7 said:
Besides, women are only after one's livelihood, why would I give this to them?

Eureka7 said:

I'd say that you have your method down already. Enjoy.

While I don't agree with the overly general nature of Eureka7's statement at all, I think you may be being a tad harsh in your reply Eve. I don't live in the U.S (which I'm guessing he does) but you have to consider the fact that the U.S divorce courts highly favours women financially and that the American divorce rate is around 50%. This may be the reason why he seems as cynical as he does, as so many men are losing their entire livelihood unfairly as a result of long term relationships or marriage ending in divorce, it can make you think "Well why would I bother when I have so much to lose and see this happening all around me?"

Again, I'm not defending the absoluteness of his statement at all but you have to see why this mindset has come into existence amongst some men.

I've been through a divorce three times. I have never received a dime in alimony. My exes got the marital residence all three times. The last time, my ex got the house and most of the furniture as well. I do believe that qualifies me to make the statement I made.

The OP is 18 years old. When he experiences a bunch of women "taking his livelihood" then he MIGHT have a reason to show a little bitterness. Until then, he does not have the right to judge an entire sex based on zero personal experience (something that happened to him directly).

I'd say the OP is too young to feel this way already. Though I sort of share the view. I generally feel the same way about society(not about women/relationships), though I won't just outright shut everyone out. Not everyone is like that. I'll remain my naturally introverted self and if someone cool and genuine comes along I will appreciate that and talk with them and maybe even befriend them. Doing what the OP is doing at the young age of 18 is just giving up too early if you ask me.

It dose not change very much when your in college. You have these people that all they want to do is party and drink. This mostly come more from males than females though. I say instant gratification just completely ruin how people conduct themselves.

Any desire to travel ? You have no obligation to make friends if you don't want to, you can pick up and go to another destination if the place you are in feels wrong. Start saving your money now and by the time you graduate school, you'll have a good start.

Eureka7 said:
It's not too hard. All you need is a job, which is difficult but do-able, and any location that's not your home town.

Eureka7 said:
After a long while I've decided that I'm finished with social interaction.

I made that same mistake. I'm forty now and I've been alone for ten years or more. I hate it. The good side of being a loner soon wears off.
I'm currently trying to make friends. Anyone live in Hull, England and needs a weirdo for a pal?

albie said:
Eureka7 said:

I made that same mistake. I'm forty now and I've been alone for ten years or more. I hate it. The good side of being a loner soon wears off.
I'm currently trying to make friends. Anyone live in Hull, England and needs a weirdo for a pal?

Holy cow..we have several forum members who live in Hull!!!

Says quite a lot about Hull (lol)

I think being totally on your own isn't an option unless you want to go completely bat-honeysuckle crazy. Humans are basically social creatures, within the varying degrees of personality. Put simply, our ape ancestors left the need for social interaction in our genes. Now cats, mostly they are loners who tolerate other cats, although sometimes they do have kitty pals.

Eureka has a bad case of 'sour grapes' I reckon, but the attitude will really put people off who might actually become friends. Maybe any one in this situation should be a bit like a friendly cat - open to a bit of stroking and reacting with a purr if approached. Not a grumpy cat, hissing and lashing out. ..

Eureka7 said:
After a long while I've decided that I'm finished with social interaction. As days go on I become angrier and more prone to isolating myself from everyone else. This need to conform to a stagnant society has taken its toll and I want nothing to do with it anymore. I go to high school for the last few months before graduation (I'll be 19 on Saint Patrick's Day) and see nothing worth liking. My "friends" have amused themselves with me and have gpne on to do everything that I've ever wanted to do, all while doing nothing to attain it. The standard rabble that go out of their way to annoy passerby hav been broken down and run off by me, because if one does not react the way that these subhuman freaks want them to, then they are "scary" and "wierd" and should be avoided if they value homeostasis. My mother is domineering and threatens me with eviction and calls to the armed forces. I've also given up on sex and relationships and am choosing to abstain from any amorous behaviour with anyone at all. Besides, women are only after one's livelihood, why would I give this to them? This being said, how can I do this effectively? I'm avoiding everyone I know but they can' to understand. Any methods on living alone and shutting people out would be appreciated.

Okay I'm still very young but I'll tell you something here what ever I know

Eureka7 said:
After a long while I've decided that I'm finished with social interaction. As days go on I become angrier and more prone to isolating myself from everyone else.

If that's the decision you've taken

Okay I can somewhat understand well everyone has good and bad times for some "GOOD" people bad time lasts a little longer than it should, I understand you may be going through a lean phase right now but in the end it's your life and you can live the way you want.You may have your own reason for this,I don't want to get into it.

Eureka7 said:
I've also given up on sex and relationships and am choosing to abstain from any amorous behaviour with anyone at all.

So have you decided to stay single forever or is it just a decision you have taken in "ANGER" and to prove your close ones and to other people that you can live that way.Here if it is the first option that is to stay single forever then go ahead it's a great choice after all being single can give you unlimited benefits and freedom but if it is the LATTER choice then I would say that decision may or most probably will change later, once root cause of the problem is removed or if things get better with time.

Reasons:In the first case there is a strong sense of purpose/thinking and self motivation to remain single forever(LIKE ME) and hence is likely to remain steady/rock solid ,but it is not in the second case.So weigh the options carefully and decide what's best for you.

Eureka7 said:
This being said, how can I do this effectively? I'm avoiding everyone I know but they can' to understand. Any methods on living alone and shutting people out would be appreciated.

Trust me it's not something you would like to do but then there are plenty of ways to do so.I can do it with relative ease(but I won't unless there is a very good/convincing reason for me to do so).Some will work some won't it depends on people.So choose what applies to you(your nature/type)

NOTE(WARNING):-
Before you read ahead think carefully weigh the pros and cons, merits/demerits for yourself and do it only and only when absolutely necessary and when you're convinced that this is the only best possible way and that they truly deserve it.These methods should be your last option and not the first and last option.So please be very careful before you do this as you could be doing permanent/irrepairable damage to other people's feelings and forever break relationships (which you may regret later on as you grow old) and moreover they are after all humans too just like you and causing and especially your close/loved ones even if they've hurt you and it's never a good thing to hurt people easier said than done at least not intentionally(especially good people).Moreover it also indicates some immaturity on your part(not 100%) but some yes.So think,think a lot and then only do.GOOD LUCK

Here are the methods:-

1.The most difficult thing to do is "PRETEND THAT THEY DON'T EXIST" or they never existed for you and that they are invisible.It is very difficult to do so if they are your loved ones or ones who care/cared for you.

2.If you were an extrovert before you have to quickly become an introvert because in my opinion introverts are known to living alone and shutting people/handling people better in these areas(no offence to extroverts here)

3.If you were approachable/friendly, smiling and a warm person you have turn into exactly the opposite that is unfriendly/not smiling and completely COLD AND UNAPPROACHABLE. How you do it is up to you.

4.Have no contact or communication with them whatsoever and if they try do not respond or do anything whatsoever and completely stop caring about them in every way possible.This method will be hard for those who are naturally caring by nature.

5.You should completely become self-centered and self-absorbed as a person and concentrate only on yourself and all that matters to you should be you alone and no one else.

6.Forget about people concentrate on your career and climbing up the corporate ladder and becoming successful

7.Become a workaholic in that way you won't have time for people because they will no longer remain your priority and they will come last or not come at all and what comes to you in your mind would be " YOUR WORK".

There are some more methods but these are the most effective ones and will most certainly work on most people but may not work on all so at times you have to innovate new methods.the above mentioned methods are my viewpoints only.

EveWasFramed said:
albie said:
Eureka7 said:

yes we do ! :)

Triple Bogey said:
EveWasFramed said:
albie said:
Eureka7 said:

yes we do ! :)
Wow, if the Hull people meet up, post some pictures, we'd love to see it! :)

BTW, anyone live in Sacramento, CA and need a weirdo for a pal?? :)

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back