I'm giving up. It's all too hard.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why give up now? If you have nothing to lose on the social front then you may as well keep going. I know you might feel like you can't continue but what do you gain if you stop?

Have you tried to make friends here? New friends don't have to be offline, you can start online and work your way into offline. If you give up, you'll never get anything you want. Keep trying.

I get anxiety and panic even with online interaction - says a lot for me.... I tried the chat group on here, but never said anything. Even there I felt out of place, I was intruding. That's not the fault of the other members, it's me.

And why give up? After spending most of my adult life like this - I have little to no fight left in me. I try things not for my own benefit, but so it sounds better when I see my counsellor. So they feel they are doing a good job.

I'm sick of it. I'm 40 years old, lying in bed in tears describing to someone I don't know what a pathetic, non-existent social life I've had since my teens. I don't have the luxury of meetups or groups that even remotely interest me, and even if there were, could I actually face going to one? I tried Skype chat, kik groups, IRC, forums and it all amounts to the same for me. I'm just still lonely and it's really kicking me down at the moment. I'm sorry.

I think you should try the ALL chat again. Even if you manage to say one sentence then that would be an improvement that you could then build upon. From your page I see that you like ambient music. I do as well so that is at least one thing you could talk about.

stinky_cheese_dude said:
I get anxiety and panic even with online interaction - says a lot for me.... I tried the chat group on here, but never said anything. Even there I felt out of place, I was intruding. That's not the fault of the other members, it's me.

There are quite a few people who come in and don't say anything for a while. Come back in, just listen and watch if that's all you want to do. You won't be pressured to talk if you don't want to. Say hi sometime and then go back to just watching. Just get your foot in the door. It gets easier with time and patience.

stinky_cheese_dude said:
And why give up? After spending most of my adult life like this - I have little to no fight left in me. I try things not for my own benefit, but so it sounds better when I see my counsellor. So they feel they are doing a good job.

Okay, I don't think that's a good thing to do. It's their job to help you, but if you aren't truthful with them, they can't really help you, can you? It sounds like you are trying to please others. You need to start pleasing yourself. What do you like to do? Anything new you want to try?

stinky_cheese_dude said:
I'm sick of it. I'm 40 years old, lying in bed in tears describing to someone I don't know what a pathetic, non-existent social life I've had since my teens. I don't have the luxury of meetups or groups that even remotely interest me, and even if there were, could I actually face going to one? I tried Skype chat, kik groups, IRC, forums and it all amounts to the same for me. I'm just still lonely and it's really kicking me down at the moment. I'm sorry.

You've had 30 posts since November, that's about 6 posts per month. That doesn't really give you enough time to get to know people. Give us a chance, someone here will talk to you, someone here will find you interesting or even just understand you and like your company.

Latest posts

Back