I'm not new here but I'll reintroduce myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourGlow

Reaction score
Hi, I'm SourGlow.
22 years old Female
I'm a returning member (I wasn't a very active member so I'm sure no one remembers me).
See my previous introduction here if you're interested.
Nothing much has changed since I first joined this community 2 years ago.
I'm still very shy and timid and awkward but i feel as though I'm getting better little by little (I'm getting to the point where I just don't care what anyone thinks of me).
I'm still very lonely and haven't made any friends.
I'm at a different college now (a bigger college) and I hate it here. I've made a big effort to go outside my comfort zone and open myself up to people but to no avail
Oh and I'm no longer studying industrial design. I've switched over to architecture and at the moment I'm like "what was I thinking?!"

Welcome back :)

SourGlow said:
I'm still very shy and timid and awkward but i feel as though I'm getting better little by little

I thought I was getting better, but apparently I talk less now than I ever have :p

Hey there. I read your old introduction as well. You seem like an interesting person :).

Also, why not try and join some clubs or frats at university? I understand that it can be hard to make friends at uni and find a good group of people to hang out with. In Australia, nearly everyone commutes to uni so its much more difficult here. And then everyone already has their own group of friends out side of uni from high school....But it might be different if you're living on campus?

Hello to all,,,,,,sneha here,,,,,I understand that it can be hard to make friends at uni and find a good group of people to hang out with. In Australia, nearly everyone commutes to uni so its much more difficult here..............

You're welcome. I guess the best is not to care what others may be saying about you. Just be you. I'm trying to do same, and I must say that I've not gotten to that point of achieving that yet.

I pray I get to that level soon. Don't allow anybody to put you down.

Welcome back, I look forward to seeing your posts and reading about your progress...:)

Thanks everyone for the welcome

Adzzz said:
Hey there. I read your old introduction as well. You seem like an interesting person :).

Also, why not try and join some clubs or frats at university? I understand that it can be hard to make friends at uni and find a good group of people to hang out with. In Australia, nearly everyone commutes to uni so its much more difficult here. And then everyone already has their own group of friends out side of uni from high school....But it might be different if you're living on campus?

I've tried a couple of clubs and even those were cliquey. It's not like people were rude or anything they just didn't seem like they wanted to get to know me. Plus the clubs seems more about doing the activity than getting to know people. It may be different but I wouldn't know because even though I live on campus, I'm a mid-year transfer student and everyone already got to know people and make friends at the beginning of the year. It's even worse that I'm a Junior because at this point most people in my class have already established their circle.

SourGlow said:
Hi, I'm SourGlow.
22 years old Female
I'm a returning member (I wasn't a very active member so I'm sure no one remembers me).
See my previous introduction here if you're interested.
Nothing much has changed since I first joined this community 2 years ago.
I'm still very shy and timid and awkward but i feel as though I'm getting better little by little (I'm getting to the point where I just don't care what anyone thinks of me).
I'm still very lonely and haven't made any friends.
I'm at a different college now (a bigger college) and I hate it here. I've made a big effort to go outside my comfort zone and open myself up to people but to no avail
Oh and I'm no longer studying industrial design. I've switched over to architecture and at the moment I'm like "what was I thinking?!"
Hi SourGlow
I have been myself very shy, and I have found that the only solution to end our shyness is develop mastery on our emotions. RELATIONSHIP IS NOT A SOLUTION FOR SHYNESS it will only develop dependency and may cover the problem to some extent.
Our shyness is very much related to our breathing . our longs are not having muscles and in excitement our breathing can become quite emotional. watch your breathing and master the rhythm of your breathing through daily exercises.I have posted some responds to the threads in "Let us end our loneliness" posts that might be useful to have a look at.
Your switching from industrial design to architecture sounds to me that you have correctly selected to achieve independence through re-architecting yourself before moving into inter-relational design!
take care

Welcome back! I am glad you have progressed since you have been on here last. I don't remember you since I am only on the Forum for 2 months. Looking forward to more threads and posts from you.

No one mentioned this, but I had trouble reading your font color. It is up to you, of course, but maybe you may consider changing to a darker one.

:D Have a good day!

hey sourglow, I'm studying Industrial Design too. I shifted from Computer Science (that was hell for me, lol). I don't think Architecture is very far from Product Design. Most of the designers I like have architectural backgrounds. I am a bit shy too, specially to strangers and I am soon realizing how it can hinder me to being a good designer. Design is really not just one man's effort, it's a team collaboration. Interaction with other people is really necessary so that is what I am working for. Also, self-confidence is a key factor to be able to survive the world of design. You of all people have to trust yourself and your designs and stand by it with your own might even if other people bash it with critiques. Critiques aren't bad though, they are always tools for growth. Whether design or architecture (or other fields of studies) we need to be strong individuals with enough trust in our own capabilities.

welcome back :)

^^I'm thinking about switching back to Industrial Design .I miss it and I actually liked it better (Luckily the degree requirements are similar). Why must I be such a flip flopper?

Yes, interaction with people is very important but I feel like people are unwilling to work with me for whatever reason and it makes me not want to collaborate with them. I'm still working on it and I would say I'm getting a little better.

I'm pretty confident about things I'm good at. Other people critiquing my work doesn't really bother me (they used to bother me a little). The thing I hate about critiques is having to critique someone else's work-I don't know why but it always feels wrong.

BUOY said:
Hey SourGlow!

Your picture fits the name well. I hope you'll up your activity here. Welcome.
I know! It looks so yummy! Om nom nom

WishingWell said:
Welcome back! I am glad you have progressed since you have been on here last. I don't remember you since I am only on the Forum for 2 months. Looking forward to more threads and posts from you.

No one mentioned this, but I had trouble reading your font color. It is up to you, of course, but maybe you may consider changing to a darker one.

:D Have a good day!
Thanks and sorry about the color. I'll use a dark color from now on.

Might be a tad bit late saying welcome - bu' whateveh' - Welcome! :D
Read your other introduction, neat =) (Cats! xD dunno much about qunatum pysichs though.. still eluding me :/ :p )
If you feel like talking to random swede jus' tell me! ^^

Latest posts

Back