insert title here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R2349

Reaction score
The bus broke down tonight. It was either an hour's wait for the replacement bus to arrive or a walk home in Silent Hill style fog. There's a forest path along my route that I see every day on my way home; I almost wanted to take it tonight. Common sense won over; you'll be raped, you'll be murdered, some masked guy with a machete will drag you away and you'll never be seen again...

Sometimes life just seems like a circle train track, running the same, monotonous routine, every day. I've lived in two small towns since I first noticed this feeling in a major metropolis, and even now, I never deviate from my 'track'. I think it's because of fear, but half the time, I'm not even sure what of.

I wanted to talk to someone, but aside from my desk plant, my options were limited. So yeah. I've named it Frida, by the way.

Not sure how this forum goes. Most places (Everywhere) online, no one really 'converses' in forums. Most topics are questions requiring 'one liner' responses. People drop a comment and then never respond again. I'd say it's just me, but that sounds a little narcissistic. I think it's sad, though. The net was supposed to be a way to communicate and connect with other people in this big, empty world of ours. But then, I always tend to miss the point, so maybe the internet isn't supposed to be more than just a vast, empty space filled with advertisements and emoticons and pointless text. One tends to get pessimistic when faced with disappointment for long enough.
or maybe that's insanity, right? Trying the same thing over and over and hoping something different will happen.. but what the hell. I figure the day I don't care to try again is the day I will have lost hope.

Hey there altghost...

I dont frequent other forums much, but most of us here are quite responsive though it might take some time for people to warm up to you first. So feel free to post your thoughts and there are lots of us here who are happy to communicate via PM as well. So feel free to talk to us :)

I can relate to you in that its difficult to step outside the cycle and take risks, and there can be so many things hindering us from taking action. Fear is one, and like you said disappointment, but upbringing, our experiences during our developmental years and many other factors are also at play. It has helped me to think about how change may not always be good, but it certainly makes like eventful, plus there's always a lesson to be learnt, opportunity for growth...

Perhaps you can try to break the monotony by making a small change first? Might that help?

Hello

Sometimes life just seems like a circle train track, running the same, monotonous routine, every day

I think everyone feels this at some point, certainly I have, I did for a while, and then I went though a really hard time and I wished I was back there, it's amazing how used to things you get, sometimes you need to break the cycle; I'm not saying go walking though some Silent Hill style woods (I think you did the right thing there), I'm just saying sometimes you need to change something in your life.

People drop a comment and then never respond again.

People here will help but only as much as one can, I'm really a good listener, I've never really felt like a great advice giver, but you can always PM me or anyone else if you need someone to talk to or listen.

so maybe the internet isn't supposed to be more than just a vast, empty space filled with advertisements and emoticons and pointless text.

haha I'm afraid the adverts are going to take over one day, this is most of the internet in general I think. But it can connect you to the right person, you just gotta look hard enough.

Latest posts

Back