Internet radio?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bread

Reaction score
Thought I'd finally try and see about this, since it's been on my mind for a while.

I need music while I work, and I'm a bit averse to changing my usb-drive's music selection all the time, so internet radios seem a logical choice. Problem is, Google searches so far have turned up a bit dodgy results, and even Last.fm apparently has a 50 song limit / trial, which bummed me, since I'd heard so much good of it. What I'm looking for is a free alternative, which still has the usual genres. No nonsense, and importantly, no ads bothering my musical enjoyment.

Any suggestions, leads, jeering commentary on how a fella shouldn't expect anything for free in the modern society? Do tell. :p

What exactly are you looking for? Grooveshark works well for randomly generated genre playlists as well as taste-based playlists. But for an actual radio with a human behind, I dunno. Maybe in the form of a podcast?

Pheenix said:
What exactly are you looking for? Grooveshark works well for randomly generated genre playlists as well as taste-based playlists. But for an actual radio with a human behind, I dunno. Maybe in the form of a podcast?

Oh, no, didn't mean a proper radio with announcer and whatnot. Just music, hopefully without meddling ads in the mix.

PANDORA.

I also like EVE radio; DJ Desire had a meltingly sexy voice, although I don't know if she still works there.

That's weird, lastfm radio used to be free of limits on songs and skipping, commercials even. Guess a lot has changed since I last had a listen. If I need to hear a particular song on demand I usually go to grooveshark. Pandora is a rather nice concept but I don't like the selection of music it gives me in comparison with lastfm, and the adverts there are far more annoying.

Latest posts

Back