Is it easier being female?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
Yuh-oh. CODE 4! CODE 4!

"Sweeping generalizations" again! The women of this forum are coming, guys...and I can already tell you they're not gonna like this. :p

It's not "easier" for either sex. Case closed.

----Steve

ROFLMAO!!! :p

Yes, yes!! No sweeping generalizations. :p

jales said:
Many guys may be unhappy alone.. just as many girls are unhappy with cheating, lying, troublesome mates.

THAT is just the problem I think is what leads to everything. I feel really bad that girls have to put up with such junk but like so MANY decent guys are overlooked. Probably because they are either ugly or socially awkward I would assume. It's bad yes when guys complain about being single because they have the power to make themselves more out there but its kind of hard when you have such obstacles to overcome.

When will some people start to realize that there ARE great people out there but so many people tend to want that OMG they are so hot type of person. I guess I have just started to feel no pity for those who put looks as the most important trait found in a human being. Since most of the time the hot people don't have to work as hard to get people to like them so they sometimes end up jerkish. The ones who are usually decent and repect others tend to be awkward or ugly so I guess no one wins because everyone always seems so unhappy.

Sure there are jerkish people out there who are not so good looking but they tend to seem just as common if not more common if they are great looking. There are those types of people who they just look at as friends and why is that. Why would they just be friends and overlooked as a particular person who might be actually someone who they would like, I don't know I guess it makes no sense.Than they go and date someone who is a jerk, how does it happen? So I guess what I'm getting at is why do so many people run into bad relationships when there are some very decent people out there who have never been in one?

It definitely has to come down to how ugly a person is if they receive absolutely no interest from the opposite sex at all. I guess there is absolutely no interest for people who have an awful looking face even if the person has some qualities to them such as not being a cruel human being, cheating, or lying. I guess it really does make sense why everything is this way because we really don't want ugly,we want more. People just seem want to find someone out there who possess such qualities and is great looking.While the other less fortunate are suppose to sit there and rot.

I would require surgery before being able to answer such a question. From what I've seen most men just want to get laid and this makes them go after women like a monkey on steroids after a banana. This means womenfolk have no shortage of horny men to talk to. Does it make things easier? Doubt it.

My conclusion: NO. Not easier.

Please note the opinions of oarivan are not necessarily the opinions of every male member on this forum. Accusation of generalization are uncalled for.

oarivan said:
I would require surgery before being able to answer such a question. From what I've seen most men just want to get laid and this makes them go after women like a monkey on steroids after a banana. This means womenfolk have no shortage of horny men to talk to. Does it make things easier? Doubt it.

My conclusion: NO. Not easier.

Please note the opinions of oarivan are not necessarily the opinions of every male member on this forum. Accusation of generalization are uncalled for.

It definitely is not easier in that regard I completely agree but like you said its not all men. But when will girls finally notice some of those guys who don't think like that at all and want an amazing relationship based on love in which its not all about getting laid. I know for sure I'm one of those guys who wants a deep relationship but I've never had anyone interested in me to show that so I guess I can't speak but I do know I feel deeply about such things. There are great guys overlooked and it might be because as I can state it in 3 words that women might be being Mislead by beauty.Males are at fault at the same thing though.

I'm a woman, I'm just stating my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. I think women have it easier. Even shy women get attention, not the same for shy guys as much. If a man and a woman were both upset... I think more people are likely to go comfort the woman if they had to choose one over the other. Its just easier for woman of all looks and sizes to socialize... all you have to do is smile and its like instant socialization, you can say anything, guys have to worry about how whatever they are saying sounds. I think generally people are more judgemental over men based on personality... and more judgemental on women based on thier looks. But thats just my opinion and it probably doesn't help any haha. :club:

Well, I can't speak for all females, but definitely not easier for me. I don't consider myself unattractive but I have pretty much never been 'approached' by anyone. It seems guys simply don't notice me at all. Or if they do, it usually doesn't last beyond the first short conversation.

P.S. I'm starting to think that maybe part of it is because I'm so small (5.1 feet) and since I'm also rather youthful looking it is possible men consciously or even subconsciously mistake me for a kid.

It depends on how you judge success.

I've had men approach me and have had no shortage of dates over the years, especially in recent years after my husband left me. The problem is that lots of the men were just out for a piece of ass, not a relationship. I don't know, maybe they're thinking that a single mom shouldn't be picky or something. *eye roll*

If that is their intent, it's actually pretty easy to sniff out on that first coffee date, but they are certainly not forthcoming on the online dating site profiles. Two of them, I later found out, were married. Yes. The wedding rings were a dead giveaway.

So in general, it may appear that women have more chances at a relationship, but in reality, we're trying to pick through the lot and discard the man-whores, so I'd imagine it's equally hard, but in a different way.

If your measuring stick is simply who shows an active interest in getting in your pants, then sure, women have the edge there, but that's hardly what I'd call success.

Silvernight: You're from Lithuania?

cheaptrickfan said:
If your measuring stick is simply who shows an active interest in getting in your pants, then sure, women have the edge there, but that's hardly what I'd call success.

Amen to that. :p

----Steve

heh to the opening question I'm going to say no it takes up keep just be mildly attractive

I think this song exemplifies my point well

[youtube]ov9eOtjWPEo[/youtube]

evanescencefan91 said:
heh to the opening question I'm going to say no it takes up keep just be mildly attractive

I think this song exemplifies my point well

I can definitely see why its harder for women just from the points made in that song. With guys I guess its more simple and comes down to how they were created. If a guy was created great looking he can succeed and if a guy was created ugly he fails at life.

Remedy said:
If a guy was created great looking he can succeed and if a guy was created ugly he fails at life.

Wrong. I've personally known plenty of guys that were fairly plain-looking, yet they were the strongest, coolest, most successful guys I've ever known; even with women.

I guess I'll say it again: IT'S ABOUT INNER PERSONALITY AND COMPOSURE. Confident, strong-minded, interesting, caring men are successful...it has almost nothing to do with looks. Only the most shallow people focus on looks, and I refuse to believe that everyone in the world is that shallow.

It's not about how a man is created; it's about whom he makes himself become.

----Steve

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

George Bernard Shaw

@EveWasFramed: I see we don't get typos when we copy & paste.

@Silvernight: I'd Probably notice you and consider talking to you but would be too darn shy. What a loss indeed.

@evanescencefan91: Please factor in the crazy things men do, just for you.

@Badjedidude: Unfortunately, while not everyone in the world is shallow, a good portion are.

Badjedidude said:
Wrong. I've personally known plenty of guys that were fairly plain-looking, yet they were the strongest, coolest, most successful guys I've ever known; even with women.

I guess I'll say it again: IT'S ABOUT INNER PERSONALITY AND COMPOSURE. Confident, strong-minded, interesting, caring men are successful...it has almost nothing to do with looks. Only the most shallow people focus on looks, and I refuse to believe that everyone in the world is that shallow.

It's not about how a man is created; it's about whom he makes himself become.

----Steve

I'm sorry I guess I've known no better since I have been overlooked like nothing special all my life. I guess you have to be in my shoes to understand. I know from reading your posts you don't consider yourself ugly and might have not received such neglect since you have been in a relationship. I've never had one girl interested in me ever or really show me that they might like me. Besides that, all I ever knew was put downs since in the past girls would walk by look at me and laugh saying ewww. Or like random little girls coming up to me and saying "you're ugly".

Why is it that guys such as my friends get so much attention from girls and people like me get absolutely none? I mean like random girls would just flirt with my friends that don't even know them or smile and laugh when they were around. But it seemed like I was invisible and not even there half the time. I guess I'm the complete opposite because I think for most people there has to be an attraction physically to someone for that person to even have a chance.

I think what you want me to admit is that I'm really uninteresting and stupid which I have no problem admitting it at all. On top of that I'm ugly as which many people have told me I am so I'm truly one worthless person who fails at every aspect of life. I'm just to negative and stubborn to ever change the way I am so I'm probably destined to live a life of solitude.To top it all off, I'm also extremely socially awkward and even when I try not to be I fail. Sorry shouldn't have even posted this and I'm not trying to hijacc the thread but I just wanted to respond.

@Remedy:

Your words ring true, young padawan. I have experienced much the same thing. But note Badjedidude mentioned Confidence, being strong-minded, composure. Such things do we lack and people can pick up on this. I believe that if I had these qualities I might just be a tad more social but I do not and so I sit here tap tap tapping away at the keyboard. I have no doubt you're a nice bloke but until you believe it yourself and are comfortable with who you are, you won't be like your friends.

people will probably ignore it... men gain confidence from women. so most of the guys who cheat do so because they have women. the guys who dont, normally dont have women. if your friends are getting more attention then you, its probably because theyve had more women then you. why? because women are like credit. hard to start. but once you qualify, you cant stop the requests. has nothing to do with looks. even mullet red necks in trailer parks get action. i know a few women with low confidence that struggle with dating. one has only ever dated one guy and he was a jerk so she quit trying. the other has never dated. theyre like 19, and 20. both are so pretty too. but just to hard to get.

To be completely honest, i always thought that being a guy would have been way more easier (well at least at times...) :|

Latest posts

Back