Is it easier being female?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just_Some_Dude said:
no science to my post. just personal experience.

GAH! The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

headdesk.gif

Just_Some_Dude said:
jeez

my obviously tongue-in-cheek post certainly brought out the scholars :p

It's a knee-jerk response I have to sweeping generalizations. You might be surprised how often they pop up here. :p

Until I'm familiar with another poster I never assume that anything is tongue-in-cheek anymore. This place has ruined me in that respect. lol

cheaptrickfan said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
jeez

my obviously tongue-in-cheek post certainly brought out the scholars :p

It's a knee-jerk response I have to sweeping generalizations. You might be surprised how often they pop up here. :p

Until I'm familiar with another poster I never assume that anything is tongue-in-cheek anymore. This place has ruined me in that respect. lol

it's all good. trust me, i'm never serious. take nothing i say seriously. i am the moron that interjects immature comments into threads in an attempt to lighten the mood. that's all. :)

Just_Some_Dude said:
it's all good. trust me, i'm never serious. take nothing i say seriously. i am the moron that interjects immature comments into threads in an attempt to lighten the mood. that's all. :)

I'm all for that. It just gets my back up to see things like "All women are this" or "All men do this." Opinion masquerading as fact and anecdotes put forth as science get me tweaked, too, because there are people who say all of those things 100% in earnest.

Trust me, if you read some of the past threads here you'd see what I mean.
Welcome aboard, by the way. :)

cheaptrickfan said:
Just_Some_Dude said:

I'm all for that. It just gets my back up to see things like "All women are this" or "All men do this." Opinion masquerading as fact and anecdotes put forth as science get me tweaked, too, because there are people who say all of those things 100% in earnest.

don't worry. i still love you! :D

cheaptrickfan said:

Amen!

Well, for the most part, it is easier for women to be approached because society creates customs that say only men should be aggressers. Although attractive men can get approached by women and attractive women can be approached by men, men still have a less chance of being approached if they are not very social or popular, regardless of how attractive they are. You can be a good lookin guy, but if you're not outgoing, then most girls will ignore you, even if you look like Brad pitt

Is it easier being female compared to what? Being male? In what capacity? For example, I am envious that men can get in and out of the bathroom in record time.

It's not easier for us. Sometimes I feel there's more pressure on us, because we always have to look pretty and act in a certain way. Like generally, most people would be grossed out if they saw us burp in public, but most people act normal if a guy did it. You guys can be slobs and not made fun of for it. And then there's the fresia of a media pushing us to be pretty all the time, we have blood coming out of our pussies every month, we go crazy on puberty as you just focus on getting the ladies....the list does go on.

honeysuckle, sometimes I wish i was a guy!

I don't know what to think. But even i have fallen into a certain misconception in that matter. Women who reach their 40s without ever marrying are not seen the same way as men in the same situation. In women it's seen more ....i don't know....normal? But for a guy not having a relationship by a certain age then people start wondering things. In that aspect women have it "easier". But i don't believe it's easy for neither in general terms.

Sometimes i do wonder what my life would've been if i had been a guy.

Latest posts

Back