Is it sexual-harassment?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not joking about my view. All sexual harassment training says if a female gets unwanted sexual attention that is sexual harassment. The rules always air on the side of caution so anything that can be debated is considered sexual harassment if you are male.

The rules are "the same" for females. In the sense that a paper cut is the same as a gunshot wound. Males get paper cuts and females get gunshot wounds.
I have no idea what you just said.

I told her she was pretty, I said the same thing about a Husky dog I saw about a week ago. The Husky then proceeded to lick my hand. Was this sexual harassment? The Husky was female.

I told her she was pretty, I said the same thing about a Husky dog I saw about a week ago. The Husky then proceeded to lick my hand. Was this sexual harassment? The Husky was female.
Although common sense dictates you shouldn't touch or make obvious sexual commentary about a stranger, there's no consensus or objective standard as to where the line is between harmless attention and harassment. It depends on how women perceive it. They'll often say it's about context, without ever defining the right context.

Even just politely asking someone out could be considered harassment. Yes, that could get you reprimanded or fired.

Last edited:
Although common sense dictates you shouldn't touch or make obvious sexual commentary about a stranger, there's no consensus or objective standard as to where the line is between friendly or harmless attention and harassment begins. It depends on how women perceive it. They'll often say it's about context but without ever defining the right context.

Even just politely asking someone out could be considered harassment. Yes, that could get you reprimanded or fired.
Should I check my privilege?

What if I ran in to a lady like here:

maxresdefault-7.jpg

and I told her this:

Would that be considered as rude? Should I inquire about her pronouns first?

Last edited:

OMG! Not only is that sexual harrassment. But, it's animal abuse!!!! That poor animal will be scarred for life. Oh, wait, did she like the comment? Oh, okay, then everything is fine. Shhhhhhwwwwwwoooo! You dodged a bullet on that one. ;)

OMG! Not only is that sexual harrassment. But, it's animal abuse!!!! That poor animal will be scarred for life. Oh, wait, did she like the comment? Oh, okay, then everything is fine. Shhhhhhwwwwwwoooo! You dodged a bullet on that one. ;)
yeah u know, don't wanna offend anyone god forbid. "thats not at all how the world works", guys.

Several years ago while riding the Bus, there was a male passenger who began telling a Female passenger that she's beautiful. He got No response from the Female, so he told her a 2nd time. At that point, the Bus-driver who was within earshot, told the Male he had to get off the bus. The Bus-driver was insistent and of course authoritative, so the male passenger had to comply.
I did not see the passenger as sexually harassing but obviously the Bus-driver did. I wonder--did the Bus-driver see it as harassment because the male complimented the lady more than once??

Latest posts

Back