Is it stress?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tusk

Reaction score
I've never thought about being stressed out before; I don't really know what it feels like. Maybe like this?

A light pressure in my chest, started having that today.
An upset stomach most of the time, though I do eat lots of carbs (~380g/day).
Feeling nervous often, sudden/quick moves.
Worrying that I'll appear quiet, boring, and not social.
Missing having a girlfriend and sensing that I won't get one because my social situation can't change.
Feeling drained because of bad sleep.
Some kind of strong tinnitus-like sound that drowns everything else accompanied by feeling weak, it makes me turn pale and almost faint. It has happened twice and I don't know what it is. Happened without any strong cause.

What do you think?

PS: this was my third workday since my 5 week summer vacation. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Sounds like what i'm going through... and yeah for me i'm pretty sure it's stress. Been stressed up about the whole i'm alone and feeling empty thing and work too.

You probably should take it easy, i'm sure you'll work things out eventually. 1 step at a time =)

If you need someone to talk to, i'm willing to listen.

Yep, also probably the reason why you are not sleeping well too. If you could relieve some of the stress you are feeling you should be able to sleep better. The tinnitus thing you should probably have checked out.

I think you might be experiencing anxiety. But just to make sure you could see your GP and get a blood test done so you can cut out every possible physical reason behind this. That's what i did when i started having trouble handling anxiety.

Luckily I don't get stressed much. But when I do, I get a dull chest pain and I can become fatigued quicker then usual. You need to attack the root of your problem at gun speed! Good luck!

Thanks for the replies all, I'll get a check-up with my GP at least.
About anxiety, I have a feeling it might be just that. I think I've been feeling stress from lacking the social life I want since middle school, and it makes me even more stressed when it seems I can't do anything about it. Cause and effect has ceased.

Latest posts

Back