Is There A Specific Time of the Day Where You Feel Lonelier Than Usual?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tux

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on this matter.

For me, I can go throughout most of my day and feel fine, maybe some lonely thoughts here and there when I have some downtime. However at night/during the evenings I feel extremely lonely. I've never been able to explain why it feels that way and night as opposed to any other time. Maybe it's the thought of going to bed alone every night. I'm not sure.

For me its any time that I'm alone, which is most of the time. But the hours between 2AM and 5AM feel extra lonely. It sucks being a night person.

Locke said:
For me its any time that I'm alone, which is most of the time. But the hours between 2AM and 5AM feel extra lonely. It sucks being a night person.

I suffered from insomnia for a while (not so much now) and those used to be the worse times for me too (2-5AM) :(. I feel ya.

I'm actually fine at night. If there is a time for me to feel lonely, it's probably first thing in the morning, when I am up and everyone else is asleep. That said, I doubt I've ever really felt lonely.

When the world goes around me loudly during the day its easier to blend in somehow, but at night when everything goes quiet.. its hard then.

Before falling asleep - I really miss holding someone - so, sometimes, I ask / beg to not wake up in the morning.

I don't have any specific time when I would feel more lonely than usually. I think my loneliness comes with the mood... If feeling more sad, then feeling more lonely for example.

Evening and night time for me. In the day i can usually distract myself, when it get's dark there's nothing but me and my thoughts. Never ends well.

Bones said:
Before falling asleep - I really miss holding someone - so, sometimes, I ask / beg to not wake up in the morning.

I've never shared a bed with anyone ever !
All my life. And it doesn't bother me anymore !

Hopefully you will either meet somebody or stop feeling so horrible about been alone !

duff said:
Bones said:

I've never shared a bed with anyone ever !
All my life. And it doesn't bother me anymore !

Hopefully you will either meet somebody or stop feeling so horrible about been alone !

What did you do to keep it from bothering you anymore? Or was it just something that you had to come to terms with?

During the day, I manage to keep myself distracted with work of t.v. so it doesn't really matter. But at nights, when nothing good's on t.v., it gets to me.

And it isn't about wanting to hold someone or sleep close to someone. I know a lot of people who talk to others at nights and I feel like I'd want to do that too. So in short, I want a 3 a.m. friend.

I usually sleep by around 3 but today, it's about 4 and I'm still up.

Being lonely sucks! :(

Tux said:
Locke said:

I suffered from insomnia for a while (not so much now) and those used to be the worse times for me too (2-5AM) :(. I feel ya.

Its almost 4:00 AM now, the hours are just crawling by. I feel like knocking myself out so I can get some rest.

Sorry for the mini rant. Thanks for the sympathy. :)

Latest posts

Back