It gets better, right?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasmin

Reaction score
I graduated from uni about 9 months ago and since then I've worked a series of really honeysuckle jobs. I wasn't naive enough to believe I would graduate and become CEO of Whatever Inc. Yet I didn't expect to be rejected for every remotely decent job. It makes me feel like such a failure.

It does get better, right?

a lot of people are feeling what you're feeling right now, i hate having to keep filling out lame ass applications and not even get a good refernece, i've got good refences, guess my chicken scratch handwritting says too much about me.

Like the early 80s i figure, once the world wide economy get's out of this downward spiral, i'm sure you're have it a bit easier.

lol kinda sad, but is it just me or has the economy become the new weather, whenever you're starting a conversation, it use to be, man this weather sucks, now it's man this economy sucks.

Still livable here in the midwest, and all the corn and crappy summer farm jobs one could ever care for....

but i was thinking about it, if i can't get a summer job this year, i'd do detaseling again, sure the people suck, ridding on a small school bus, at 4 am. sucked and the bathroom conditions suck ( i carried a bottle of hand sanatizer with me)

actually one time i had to go to the bathroom before we were about to leave for another field i told the busdriver where i was going, and they left without me, ya that made me feel nice, thankgod one of the supervisers with their own car hadn't left yet, so they could call the bus driver. or i would has been stranded in a corn field in the middle of nowhere and i mean like mowhere nowhere.

but in feburary, even thinking about being stranded in a cornfield in summer sounds good. And despite what a lot of people said, after the first day of walking, it's pretty easy just listen to you're ipod, while ridding on the machines, (except for that time when we borke down in the middle of the field, andd had to walk the rest of the day) and that one day when we had to walk, we worked till 4 in the afternoon and ran out of water...started haalucinating, and getting claustraphbic)well when the machines work, just listen to ipod and do a little corn picking dance, tilll the started making fun of my special corn picking dance :(
well ussally we get done around noon so it doesn't get too hot, i got enough to buy a ps3 yay worth it. and i'm gonna need the extra cash wehn i'm in college.

lol sorry for the ancedote, you know i wonder if they've done that on dirty jobs, cause it would tottally qualify, man on the first day my pants were encrusted with mud....

we;re all kinda having economic issues, i hope you get a break :)

It gets better. I believe everything happens for a reason. And that reason might be that, down the line, you will find the absolutely perfect job that you can grow into and evolve, and take it on. Even change it. Have your ideas in it. And it might be something so great, you would have never imagined it.

Latest posts

Back