It must be something I don't understand.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone on the forum met each other in person? I know some people say not to, but a couple of people i've met off the net (not this site) were really lovely. i just wondered because its very easy to assume a relationship doesn't stick because the person is too shallow to follow thru when maybe they are two human beings valid in their own right but just not connecting. since everyone on the forum seems to selfmonitor and reflect, meeting in person might help test Badartist's theory.

Are you sure it's your mannerisms that are turning people off, or your self-consciousness? I'm having a hard time understanding how, if you are being genuine and natural, you are being consistently rejected?

Also, in these interactions, when do you first notice something is wrong?

Wow, I had actually forgotten about this thread! But I have been reading other threads on these forums. I have some thoughts on what you all have said. I'll edit this post (or make a new one) when I have time, hopefully tonight.

I feel similar to this. I also know what I need to do to change it, yanno just get out there and say something and attempt to not care how it sounds, laugh it off, etc. I'm referring to making friends and talking to people; being yourself. But, the thing is, I feel like i don't have the energy. Like it would be physically and mentally draining to keep up the energy to accomplish the carefree attitude.....idk, maybe I'm just natrurally shy?

You couldn't find anything to relate to that is less than 3 years old and has members that are still on the forum?

(little bitchy, yes, but well... necroposting to the extreme here)

i know what you mean... ive always had a hard time making friends. its partly because of my personality, being shy and weird. i used to walk around the playground by myself, but being in highschool im still feeling like that same little girl even though i have friends now. its always with boys i seem to mess things up... sigh. even just as a friend.

Latest posts

Back