I've Discovered Something

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Twitchy

I've noticed that there are a lot of new people here. This message won't make any sense to most of you, and is primarily addressed to the people that have been here forever and a day.

After searching the Web, I've realized something...the entire internet sucks. However, the place that seems to suck the least is this one. A few of you tried to tell me that, but I was too busy being an enormous ass to see it at the time. Sorry about that. An apology seems trite but it's all I have at the moment.

So despite being an enormous ass, I firmly believe this is my home. I may not be wanted, but it doesn't really matter at this point.

I feel like I can be of some use, and I know I have been in the past at least a few times. No, I don't hold the corner market on pain as someone once eloquently suggested, but I do feel like I have been through quite a bit:

Violent parental divorce, awkward teenage years, During my twenties, I believe I took more drugs than twenty 300 pound men could ingest in a year. Among these were substances as yet to be accurately named, except by a handful of South American tribesmen. I'm certainly not proud of it by any means, but the fact that the majority of my friends are now dead or missing and I'm not says at least a little about my determination (and luck).

I also know a great deal about what it's like to have an ill family member and the helplessness people feel when they can do little for them.

I survived. I work 40 to 50 hours a week and pay my own way. I am healthy and in reasonably good shape. I'm not always happy, but I know a great deal about being alone and how it feels to not be wanted.

I write these things not for the sake of pity, but to illuminate the situations I know about. I'm not always very bright, I use entirely too many commas and quotes, and I freak out at just about any word that's uttered to me...but I still want to help. If you let me, I can be useful.

So you can abuse me, talk about how worthless and horrible I am, roll as many eyes at me as you like. It no longer really matters. This is the place where I can make the most difference, and aside from being forcibly removed, this is where I'm going to stay.

You can ignore this if your prefer. I would completely understand if you did. I deserve nothing and have become used to receiving exactly that. Maybe someday I can earn the respect that so many of you take for granted every day. Or at least, I'm going to try.

Thanks for reading this far. I will be back soon and make a vow that you can expect better things.

-Twitch

Twitch this post was wonderful, I do believe you vastly underestimate yourself. You ARE a valuable member here at ALL. Heck, most members dont make as many posts as you do. Most leave after 20 posts or so. You are rare.

And, you have something to say. You constantly berate yourself but all I see is a nice fellow who has plenty of clever things to say.

Just because youve felt rejected before in your life doesnt mean you will be rejected here. We are your friends and we care for you Twitch.

<3 Soph

SophiaGrace said:
Just because youve felt rejected before in your life doesnt mean you will be rejected here. We are your friends and we care for you Twitch.

Appreciate it Soph. You've always appeared to have an infinite well of kindness at your disposal. However it looks as though you may be alone in your opinion. I can see I have a long and possibly endless road ahead.

I recall some abrasive threads you made some posts in, though I can't remember anything outrageous. I think most everyone deserves a second chance from simple mistakes...especially on the internet, where emotions and opinions can often take a leap off the deep end. Much less on a website made for people with social problems and issues with loneliness.

Obviously you've identified some personal problems and confronted them, and came back for another go of it. Welcome back, I say. :)

Thanks Brian.

After closer inspection, it looks like my little speech was badly timed. These boards have barely moved in a week.

I guess I'll be back around when (or if) the tumbleweeds are cleared away. :/

You can sure help clear the tumbleweeds. :)

Oh hello!
even i remember you.
anyways my feelings towards you were always neutral so.. um.. welcome back? :)

Get Down! said:
Oh hello!
even i remember you.
anyways my feelings towards you were always neutral so.. um.. welcome back? :)

Very good! I guess I deserved that.

Keep them coming everyone. Be as "neutral" as possible.

Latest posts

Back