jobs in a relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy

Reaction score
Hopefully this is in the correct board. I did a search before I post.

Last night at work. During our potluck, I was telling my team lead about how I'm attending a wrestling event next Monday. And she says, "hopefully you find a guy. :rolleyes2:, and don't say your a housekeeper and make sure he has money. :rolleyes2:". Than she processed to asked another male co worker, wouldn't you want to date someone w a crappy job? Of course he was shock she she asked him that....anyway my question is would it matter what kind of job your significant other has? Me personally I don't care, as long he treats me right and that he has a JOB.

It shouldn't make any difference, even if he was a **** clown at least has a job.

It doesn't matter to me what someone does for a living, as long as its honest work. If their job were something immoral (like hurting innocent people, dealing drugs, or producing reality TV shows), I would have a problem with it.

^Yes this too, but also I would not judge if they did not have a job either, as life is not always that straight forward.

I read the title and I was going to say my main jobs in the relationship were taking the bins out and removing any spiders from the flat. :D

Why do people even wonder about that? A job is a not a person.

Materialistic zombies.

Most women around here seem very job and career oriented. Most ask you right when they meet you if you have a college degree and if you have job that pays more than minimum wage. I have a feeling a lot of these women are the same ones who say things like where are all the good men after they scared them off haha. Anyway i suppose it depends how old you are. Most people I meet are 18-25 so they are extreamly goal oriented.

People should look past money when deciding whether or not to date someone. You'll be losing out on knowing some great people if you do that.

A person's job or lack of a job would not be an issue to me. The only thing I would want to be sure about is that they live within their means. I am not working for reasons of health so I have little money, but I am not in debt.

Nope. If there are reasons for not being able to work or in the general public, that's fine since I understand these things. As for the type of job, I don't care as long as it doesn't involve being away all the time and never being around. It's just not for me.

Latest posts

Back