Just in case ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayfarer said:
Good luck!

Buddy, thank you for being my friend. You're such a genuinely nice guy and deserve the very best in life. Reach for the stars and everything you want, because you deserve it all - travel to Finland, see those huskies, learn another language, fall madly in love ... and get a cat too ... hopefully not an anxious one !

... and get school over with ::p You'll thank yourself ;)

Yukongirl said:
Hope things turn around for you sooner, rather than later. Please let know how you're doing when you can. Many hugs to you...

Thanks, my North American neighbor ! It was a pleasure meeting you and talking about Pink Floyd :)

Wish you the very best. Hugs.

Best of luck Somnambulist and I hope your present situation does not last long. Have a good holiday season.

Somnambulist said:
MisterLonely said:
Goodluck Kartik,

For what it's worth I always apreciated your input! (even if I might have skimmed over a few of the realy lengthy ones)
Be well and once you get the opertunity let us know how you are!

Thank you, Sir !

Remember that you are one mighty eligible bachelor, know your worth, and don't be shy to strut your stuff :p If I may be blunt, don't wait too long to find that one jewel (you know what I'm talking about ... just look back to one of the threads where we conversed).

About my lengthy posts, EveWasFramed said that my username looks to her like "Some bullshit". I spout BS all day long, so ... no offense taken.
Lol, did you have to rat me out? :D
Hope things are looking up for you.

Somnambulist said:
constant stranger said:
You're going homeless are you?  Living in your car?  Sleeping in parks?  That can be risky....be careful, always think a few steps ahead, you don't want any nasty surprises laying in wait for you.  I've done it myself and lived through it.  A bit of luck helps.....good luck to you.

Yup, homeless. No car ... that's another story. Thanks, I would like to know m9re details of your experience with it.

I owed money to some really bad people and hid from them for a bit more than a year until I could pay them off....with usurious interest.

I'd already experienced living rough from hitchhiking cross country for fun so that helped and I had a car too.  I learned to keep a low profile, to stay clean, to keep warm and dry in places like public libraries, laundromats and shopping malls but to never stay too long.  I could sleep in my car and park in commercial property parking lots but I had to be gone before sunup and couldn't be there until after the last employees went home.  I could camp in public parks and also industrial "green" areas if I kept to the trees and observed the same low profile.  Cops were easy to avoid.  Two legged predators were looking for women and weaker men but the real hazard was being ripped off by other homeless types.....the ******* homeless....most homeless were pretty considerate and willing to share what they had.  If something like that doesn't kill you it teaches you all kinds of survival modes.  You can use the shower facilities in college gyms.....just act like you're an alumni, don't draw attention to yourself in any way whatsoever and even if someone suspects what you are, be in and out quickly......and don't go there during usual class hours.

constant stranger said:
Somnambulist said:
constant stranger said:
You're going homeless are you?  Living in your car?  Sleeping in parks?  That can be risky....be careful, always think a few steps ahead, you don't want any nasty surprises laying in wait for you.  I've done it myself and lived through it.  A bit of luck helps.....good luck to you.

Yup, homeless. No car ... that's another story. Thanks, I would like to know m9re details of your experience with it.

I owed money to some really bad people and hid from them for a bit more than a year until I could pay them off....with usurious interest.

I'd already experienced living rough from hitchhiking cross country for fun so that helped and I had a car too.  I learned to keep a low profile, to stay clean, to keep warm and dry in places like public libraries, laundromats and shopping malls but to never stay too long.  I could sleep in my car and park in commercial property parking lots but I had to be gone before sunup and couldn't be there until after the last employees went home.  I could camp in public parks and also industrial "green" areas if I kept to the trees and observed the same low profile.  Cops were easy to avoid.  Two legged predators were looking for women and weaker men but the real hazard was being ripped off by other homeless types.....the ******* homeless....most homeless were pretty considerate and willing to share what they had.  If something like that doesn't kill you it teaches you all kinds of survival modes.  You can use the shower facilities in college gyms.....just act like you're an alumni, don't draw attention to yourself in any way whatsoever and even if someone suspects what you are, be in and out quickly......and don't go there during usual class hours.

Wow, that's quite a story, and quite informative ! Thank you.

EveWasFramed said:
Somnambulist said:
About my lengthy posts, EveWasFramed said that my username looks to her like "Some bullshit". I spout BS all day long, so ... no offense taken.

Pfft, at least I leave the first part in.  I see it as Somnabullshit.  :D

Good luck, btw.

BeyondShy said:
Best of luck Somnambulist and I hope your present situation does not last long. Have a good holiday season.

Thanks man ! You too ! Hope you stick around on the forum.

TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:
Somnambulist said:

Pfft, at least I leave the first part in.  I see it as Somnabullshit.  :D

Good luck, btw.

Thanks, Callie :D

Update: It looks like the apartment management need me to vacate tomorrow morning. I'm trying to see if I can stay with a friend for a few days.

TheSkaFish said:
We haven't interacted yet, but I've seen your posts around and you seem like a good guy.  I hope you are able to stay safe, strong, and beat this situation soon.

Hey, thanks buddy ! I just read one of your recent posts in which you mentioned you've never been on a date before. How can that be ?

I hope everything will work out for you in the end! For all our agreements and disagreements, you seem like a genuinely good person, and I wish you all the best.

Tuathaniel said:
I hope everything will work out for you in the end! For all our agreements and disagreements, you seem like a genuinely good person, and I wish you all the best.

Thanks, T ! It's always fun talking to you.

Somnambulist said:
TheSkaFish said:
We haven't interacted yet, but I've seen your posts around and you seem like a good guy.  I hope you are able to stay safe, strong, and beat this situation soon.

Hey, thanks buddy ! I just read one of your recent posts in which you mentioned you've never been on a date before. How can that be ?

Oh, it's a long story, and not a very good one.  You might come across it eventually looking through old posts.  I'm sure I'll mention it again at some point, because I'm constantly trying to figure out this problem.  I think I am getting closer and closer, but I don't think I'm there just yet.  

Thanks for asking anyway.  Anyway, I don't want to take over your thread.  Keep us posted on how you're doing, if things change or improve.

I'm expected to move out by tomorrow night (Dec 5).

I might go to a friend's home, for a few days.

Or not.

Latest posts

Back