Lack of singles.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear

Reaction score
Before I even get into this small... rant... I want to state that I'm not chasing super models. While I admit I wont go for everyone (if I'm not physically attracted to someone I wont be with them, shallow but whatever), it also doesn't take a lot for me to be physically attracted. All I want is someone that is average as far as the physical realm goes.

Now with that being said, in my town... there are not single women my age. I'm 23 years old and I'm in college. Between all of my classes, coworkers, friends, friends' friends, girls at the local coffee shops, etc. etc..... there are not single women.

I don't even mean dating, i mean I don't know one that is anything less than engaged. Most of the people I've talked to agree that everyone here seems to rush into marriage as soon as possible, if you make it to 20 and aren't married you are VERY rare in this town (pop 60,000+).

I'm certainly aware that looks are not the only things, the worst part about all of this is that IF I find a single girl then she's gotta fit what I'm looking for in a woman.

This town is depressing and seems to fuel loneliness, anyone else have a similar situation?

(BTW, I'm currently living here but I've lived in many other places, nowhere I have been compares to this place... it's like a twilight zone).

Out of curiosity, where do you live? Seems like quite a conservative place.

I get what you're saying though. I'm the same age and I'm seeing quite a few of my contemporaries getting hitched. The thought of getting married at this age just irks me. I can't imagine what it must be like for those poor souls who got married (and in a few cases, soon divorced) right out of high school. At this point in my life, I just want a steady relationship.

I guess the only words of advice I am can offer are to look into dating sites. However, OKCupid is the only half way decent site of that kind I know of. Other than that, perhaps it's time to relocate.

Antihero said:
Out of curiosity, where do you live? Seems like quite a conservative place.

I get what you're saying though. I'm the same age and I'm seeing quite a few of my contemporaries getting hitched. The thought of getting married at this age just irks me. I can't imagine what it must be like for those poor souls who got married (and in a few cases, soon divorced) right out of high school. At this point in my life, I just want a steady relationship.

I guess the only words of advice I am can offer are to look into dating sites. However, OKCupid is the only half way decent site of that kind I know of. Other than that, perhaps it's time to relocate.

I live in western KY, yeah it's pretty conservative here. I don't really see all these people that are getting married as conservative.... it's more like it's the next big fad here... get married and have babies before 19...

I'm moving to Chicago in a year in a half to finish up college, I'm excited to get back up north... I really don't want to spend the next year and a half single though...

Yes I know what you mean. >: I try and look good for college everyday.
I thought maybe i'd find someone in college but I'm just too shy to even
talk to people. Besides, I'm the only woman at school who hasn't died
their hair blonde P:
Besides, I look retarded blonde...and i have pale skin. =___=
I like my pale skin, i don't know why guy's fall for woman
with big breasts, orange skin, and blonde hair...

my city is like that too. Orange fuckin County. full of good looking people, but too many ******** and sluts. no one is single because everyone is so good looking. not many people are looking for long-term relationships neither. and girls here about 90% wil break your heart in the end. i say that from experience.

and it seems that i'm the only lonely person SoCal

Yeah, I was pretty excited about college myself, hoping I'd get to meet someone.....nope. Out of all of my classes there isn't one... not a single girl in those classes that is single.

Orange County huh? I think I'd be too busy surfing to worry about that. Really though, that sounds pretty rough. Here the girls seem to be looking for serious relationships so much that they will marry the first redneck they meet, regardless of how abusive he is (yes... it's Kentucky, yes there are rednecks, and yes.... they are abusive).

Papabear said:
Orange County huh? I think I'd be too busy surfing to worry about that. Really though, that sounds pretty rough. Here the girls seem to be looking for serious relationships so much that they will marry the first redneck they meet, regardless of how abusive he is (yes... it's Kentucky, yes there are rednecks, and yes.... they are abusive).

isnt that all good and gravy for you? if the girls over there are always looking for serious relationship?? couldnt it just as easy for you get some? if all girls are constantly looking for serious relationship?
i mightve missed something

SighX99 said:
Papabear said:

isnt that all good and gravy for you? if the girls over there are always looking for serious relationship?? couldnt it just as easy for you get some? if all girls are constantly looking for serious relationship?
i mightve missed something

Haha, it would be good and gravy if there were any single ones left. The problem is that they are all already married. I was talking a bit earlier about how they are literally ALL married, I mean it's like some strange cult.

60 000 poeple ha ? And you know all of them ? May be there is some group of lonely girls ?
My uncle said that I need to find someone from school. I was like O_O I'm not ....well you know...I don't like kids...I like kids but in the other meaning.....shish.
Ok that is an option. Some girls of 18 years and if drink a lot 17 too.

SunWeb said:
60 000 poeple ha ? And you know all of them ? May be there is some group of lonely girls ?
My uncle said that I need to find someone from school. I was like O_O I'm not ....well you know...I don't like kids...I like kids but in the other meaning.....shish.
Ok that is an option. Some girls of 18 years and if drink a lot 17 too.

Well sunweb I'm sure there are single ones out there, the point is more that they are so few and far between that i may have only met just a couple in the last few years.

I'm sure that if I went down to 17/18 I could meet someone, or at least the chances are better. Although I am a freshman this year and I have to say that there really aren't any single girls that have came straight out of high school in any of my classes... they are all engaged.

I live in So Cal too and idk if I look in the wrong places or what but I can never find anyone either. Its probably just me as a person I lack personality, good looks, and charm.

I say take some of SunWeb's advice, you got to get them young before they get married. Go find an 18 year old and charm the hell out of her. I guess I kinda make it sound easier than it actually is.

WallyBallz said:
I live in So Cal too and idk if I look in the wrong places or what but I can never find anyone either. Its probably just me as a person I lack personality, good looks, and charm.

I say take some of SunWeb's advice, you got to get them young before they get married. Go find an 18 year old and charm the hell out of her. I guess I kinda make it sound easier than it actually is.

my problem with this being that most of the 18 year olds, at least in this area... not very smart and pretty immature. I don't want a high school relationship.

Papabear said:
I'm moving to Chicago in a year in a half to finish up college, I'm excited to get back up north... I really don't want to spend the next year and a half single though...

Papabear said:
my problem with this being that most of the 18 year olds, at least in this area... not very smart and pretty immature. I don't want a high school relationship.

Well if your moving soon and don't want something too serious then lower your standards some, so you can have some company but if you really want to get into something serious then wait it out. You'll find someone sooner or later. Just because some of the 18 yr olds seem dumb and immature does not mean they all are. I tried dating someone a few years older than me (23 or 24....can't recall) and we had a lot in common but she was just too clingy for me. I really wished she would of gave me more space. I'm just trying to say everyone is different just because someone or a few individuals of a certain age group act one way doesn't mean they all do.

WallyBallz said:
Just because some of the 18 yr olds seem dumb and immature does not mean they all are. I tried dating someone a few years older than me (23 or 24....can't recall) and we had a lot in common but she was just too clingy for me. I really wished she would of gave me more space. I'm just trying to say everyone is different just because someone or a few individuals of a certain age group act one way doesn't mean they all do.

you know, i wish i had a clingy girlfriend... i never had one and everytime it gets emptier and emptier....

WallyBallz said:
Well if your moving soon and don't want something too serious then lower your standards some, so you can have some company but if you really want to get into something serious then wait it out. You'll find someone sooner or later. Just because some of the 18 yr olds seem dumb and immature does not mean they all are. I tried dating someone a few years older than me (23 or 24....can't recall) and we had a lot in common but she was just too clingy for me. I really wished she would of gave me more space. I'm just trying to say everyone is different just because someone or a few individuals of a certain age group act one way doesn't mean they all do.

I know they all aren't haha, I just can't seem to find the smart ones that are still single ;)

I'm not in a super rush or anything, I'm not trying to get married yesterday but I don't really want a relationship JUST to have one, I want one that actually has meaning and I feel that I'm to the point if things go well I could consider a potential lifetime mate (keyword "consider")

Moving soon is true and waiting till then will probably be my only choice, as much as I'm not in a huge rush, waiting another year and a half just makes me frown hard.

Latest posts

Back