Leaving...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm tired of my life. I thought my life was on a uphill slope lately for once in my life as I am working hard towards starting my own business but everyone around me is bringing me back down with their negative attitudes and insults.

I'm considering starting fresh, leaving this place to start a new life, one without all the current judgemental people. No plans, no goals, just go where the road takes me. I'd miss my parents and pets but i'd keep in contact with them. I just can't take it anymore, i need out.

Has anyone ever just up and left? How did it turn out?

I'm trying to do this.. just up and leave but I also feel like cutting all contact with everyone... it's harder to do than I thought. :\

I am going to do that soon…

before I left many times, but I always had some or half of a plan, where the road takes you is a bit more challenging because it could lead you somewhere you don't like.
Anyway, don't let the difficulties bring you down, in the end, especially if you don't like where you are now, it is going to be so much more rewarding, and seeing the world is good for the soul.

Thanks for the replies, it's good to see i'm not the only one. I'm not really bothered about it being difficult, I love a challenge. It's actually one of the reasons aswell, from the outside it looks like my life isn't too bad, i live with parents and get everything handed to me on a plate. The problem is, i'm a very independant person, it make me miserable when people are providing for me. I moved out quite a few years ago and loved it, cheered me right up, 2 years down the line things happened and i was forced to move back home, brought me right down again, been on medication for depression but ended up taking myself back off them, i want to be the one to fix my life and don't want to rely on a pill making things better.

I did, though so not so much as choice. Staying out of police and services was something of a challenge at first, but you get smart.
I still don't live anywhere - though I work in a camp environment a lot so most of the time I'm sheltered and fed. Just days off, I live like a gyspy so to speak. I go with the road sometimes, as I have no ties anywhere, really. Most of the time during the summer I stay in my truck. Winter I'll usually hotel it.
It's a free life, for sure. Sometimes it'd be nice to mean something somewhere, though.

I suppose one could say I did that by coming here a few years ago. But I can tell you now, it's hard anywhere. It's sometimes not just the place or surroundings.

Well I hope you're wrong because in my eyes, this is the end of the road for me. If it doesn't work out, well, I'd rather not finish that sentence.

Well lets see. This is a little difficult because I'm not sure of your situation and whatnot.
If you're not doing this with really *any* kind of plan, that would essentially make you homeless.

Being homeless pretty much sucks. Are you sure you are so out of options?
I think a better course would be to find something you are passionate about first.

I've known some people who have been homeless before. They get stolen from a lot and feel trapped in their situation.
I even heard one of them say once that they got a horrible disease on their legs. I can't remember what exactly.. It could've been some kind of animal or parasite.

So, what I'm first wondering about is how you intend to go about leaving.

But before considering that, maybe you just need to meet new people and experience new things?

I've heard that, "No matter where I go, there I am."

I'm sure also many people just, 'leave it all behind', and really find something great. Possibly rediscover themselves, improve their environment.

In my personal experience, it's kind of the same no matter where you go. However, climates can be different. Populations can be different. I'm sure if I made a move from the farm lands of Iowa, to downtown Chicago, that would be a big change. A positive one if that if I wanted to get out of boonies.

All in all, I wish you good luck. Jump and a net will appear!

Latest posts

Back