Lets Be Proactive and Excercise Together for Better Health & Self Improvement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AK5, that is good hear!

Ak5 said:
Yep. Exercise helped me be confident in myself.

GB, it has made me feel better too the past several days and taking it easy myself - that is why I am doing it by time instead of distance.

Ghost Boy said:
I went for 30 minute walk last evening. Felt good. I'm going to go again tonight.Baby steps lol.

Same here for needing to eat more healthy.

In fact, I found out that I do not eat very healthy at all after more focus was placed on it because of mindless snacking at times.

Equinox said:
Last month I exercised for 30 days straight. This month I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week. I have no idea how I'm doing this, but I am, and it feels pretty okay. I'll cheer for anyone who'll attempt to make a lifestyle change for the better. :) Still need to work on eating more healthy, though. (wary)

Why do you want to still our candy?

Do you care so much for us that you are willing to sacrifice yourself for our sake and eat it all yourself? :p

Callie said:
Equinox said:
Last month I exercised for 30 days straight. This month I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week. I have no idea how I'm doing this, but I am, and it feels pretty okay. I'll cheer for anyone who'll attempt to make a lifestyle change for the better. :)

Still need to work on eating more healthy, though. (wary)

Gimme all your candy, that will help :D

During the winter months, I always put on a few extra pounds. :(

mintymint said:
i gained so much weight this month
crs22.png

i have a personal trainer and i workout for atleast 80 minutes everyday. its grueling but i need to loose some weight.

I spend a lot of time outside and in the gym. I love physical activities. If anyone ever wants to rock climb or hike I would love to meet up.

Working hard 5-6 days a week and it's making a difference. lost 40 pounds already and well on the way to reshaping the rest. I'm feeling more confident the longer this has been going on.

lets bump this thread back up and maybe we can help get some others out there the drive to start improving their health.

I'm still working out 5-6 days a week, though with an injured hip I have been very limited on what I've been able to do. 6 weeks until my triathlon and I'm holding out hope I'll get the OK to start training in time to make it.

Bones said:
With all of the lonely, low self-esteem, overweight, and depression types of threads for the past couple of weeks, we should be proactive and excercise together for better health & self improvement.

We could provide encouragement for one another and provide quick updates on our progress.

While I do not have words of wisdom and/or typed the most motivational thread ever, it will be a start for all of us implementing an improvement plan with one another.

It would not be a competition since we are all at different levels; but, we could provide feedback and support to one another that could really help.

Would anyone else like to take a personal, self-improvement challenge with me?

Today, after reading all of the previous threads concerning overweight issues and needing to improve myself (for some luck lady in the future :p), I walked for 30 minutes today.

Tomorrow, I plan on increasing it for five minutes and walk a total of 35 minutes (which will have to be done during breaks or lunch at work).

I want to be more proactive too. but I'm having panic attacks and I feel like if I go out, there's really nothing there to like.

Old thread, but it seems to still serve a purpose...

I've been wanting to add some kind of morning routine, but so far all I've come up with is a quick jog starting Monday.

friendlygirl said:
I want to be more proactive too. but I'm having panic attacks and I feel like if I go out, there's really nothing there to like.

Maybe it would help to go in the early morning? There's far fewer people out.

Could you get a dog friendlygirl, or take someone elses dog for a walk? A dog is a great way to get you to have a walk out in the fresh air.

I'm just back from the gym, I'm proud of myself for going tonight as my friend/training partner is unwell & rang to say she couldn't make it, it would have been so easy for me to just not go.

I just did a quick 15 mins warm up on the bike & the a 'moderate' session of squats, deadlifts, cleans & presses, in & out in about an hour-not bad at all. That should do me until Thursday morning, I might see if I can manage to get myself to derby training tomorrow night perhaps but we'll see.

Groovey thread :cool:

Alma lost her spoon said:
I just did a quick 15 mins warm up on the bike & the a 'moderate' session of squats, deadlifts, cleans & presses, in & out in about an hour-not bad at all.

Marry me *chuckle*

WildernessWildChild said:
Alma lost her spoon said:
I just did a quick 15 mins warm up on the bike & the a 'moderate' session of squats, deadlifts, cleans & presses, in & out in about an hour-not bad at all.

Marry me *chuckle*

Haha that's the best offer I'm likely to get this week(alright alright...any week!)

Doode I think we killed the thread :p

Somebody pass the virtual ressus unit over here quicksmart!

No gym for me today/tonight, but I was there yesterday(& Thursday)-instead tonight I'm going deep water running for a wee spot of cardio after I finish work :)

Tonight at work I've got a very rare opportunity to go for a run along roads that are normally used by 500 ton trucks to haul material- there's just a skeleton crew of us up there to keep an eye on things, on one of my breaks the coveralls and boot come off and running gear go on....it's kind of one of those forbidden fruit type of things....

Latest posts

Back