Life After Death Opinions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nina said:
I like to ponder that each "particle" of form and what animates it is a bit if intellegence. Each particle knows and communicates with every other one in EVERYTHING! Your above mention of thermodynamics is another huge piece of this "life-pie" I so love to contemplate....

You're very welcome, Nina, glad you enjoy it. I think it's great to see all of these varied viewpoints. It is one of the only things that each and every person contemplates in life.

The quote from your post above just screams to me the old Native American naturalistic theories of life- Life runs through the fiber of every being, animate or not, every cell, every particle is one in life with the Earth

Dear bay, you should post more awesome debate threads in the near future, or right after you read this.

love, Lemon<3 :)

Thanks, Lem, glad you like it- I'll put one up again sometime when I get another idea : )

1 - I would like to think we can still stay conscious after we die. I imagine it to look similar to what we see when we dream or daydream. It's not solid like the body, but it is wavy and liquid like pure energy. There is no pain there because pain only exists in this physical universe. You can do anything there; there are no mechanical restrictions such as gravity, like there are here. There may be some other form of limits, but not material ones.

2 - From all the things i've read and experienced, i've used logic and my imagination to formulate this opinion. It's a very limited perspective really when you consider how large the multiverse is and how small i am.

3) Out of body experience yes! When i was on drugs i used to get them when i tried to sleep - i would feel elevated from my body and i could see into other dimensions, but it didn't last very long. It was a pretty strange side effect of the drugs.
If you want to hear OOB experiences, look up Cory Herter.

4) Only in my imagination with my eyes closed, not outside of my mind.

Lastly - Imagine if this right here right now IS the afterlife. We all died in the REAL world, and this universe here is the Afterlife. I read this belief somewhere before; when we die here we are born in the spirit world. When we die there we are reborn here. I like that idea.

Avengard, man, these are some great thoughts. That last part really boggles the mind. One could argue it a step further and say, yes, this is the afterlife and it is actually purgatory - it certainly would help explain some of the horrors of this world and why we are limited by a physical body.

Absolutely. Why is there so much pain and suffering here? Why are we so limited? Why is there so much fear? Why are we cut off from the source of pure love? It sounds a lot like purgatory to me.

Avengard said:
Absolutely. Why is there so much pain and suffering here? Why are we so limited? Why is there so much fear? Why are we cut off from the source of pure love? It sounds a lot like purgatory to me.

agreed

Just_Some_Dude said:
Avengard said:

agreed

Maybe pure love is here and we just have to open our eyes to see it...

SophiaGrace said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
Avengard said:

agreed

Maybe pure love is here and we just have to open our eyes to see it...

He means pure love as in the source of pure love, God if you will. There is a definite separation between us and that source in the minds of many people, and many believe that separation will cease influence once we pass on- and in essence be enveloped by pure love (ie, God)

(pure love is that which is untainted by imperfection, of which there is plenty on earth)

I think there is more to us and life than meets the eye. I have had some strange things happen to me which cannot be explained , but i alone KNOW they are true. If there is a afterlife this dosnt have to tie in with religion.....just physics. I am open minded.....people have experienced so many strange things i believe, BUT i have no proof. On the downside my late mother always dreaded me ending up alone......i am sure she would help me if she could.

Mr.shankly said:
sure she would help me if she could.

Perhaps she is yet to help.

Thanks for sharing, do you wanna tell us an experience you've had? That would be interesting! :)

Hi :)...yeah fair comment.

I have experienced many small things, but the two strongest and strangest are these. They are 100% true.

1) when i was little both my parents worked and i used to stay at my Grandmas until they finished work......same routine every day. finish school around 15.15 i think ( i was about 11 at the time) , walk down the 'backs ' to my Grandmas backgate and in. Because of the gates and wall i was unable to see the house. On this day , nothing was different until i got near the back gate ( about 15 m off , i can clearly remember) I went really cold and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. When i got in , my Grans son had died that afternoon.

2) Started work at the local sports center . After a few days the supervisor asked me to check and lock up the 5 changing rooms last thing 23.00. I went in each one checking everyone was out and locked them . When i got to the 5 th , i went cold , the hairs stood up on my neck and i was slightly frightened for no reason. I hurriedly checked and got out , feeling glad when i locked the door. I forgot all about it untill the following week when one woman who i worked with said...." can you lock the voodoo room up for me ?" I was stunned and asked her ...she said " i dont like gong in there "
I hadnt heard it mentioned before and it was the same room.

My late dad , was not a bullshitter and very rarely mentioned the war ( he was in one of the bloodiest battles of the war) One day they were going to cross a small bridge when a old lady told them not to. This delayed them......and then it blew up, when they turned around no old lady was there.

Wow, Mr. Shankly, that is something!
While they don't necessarily explain life after death, they do allude to some kind of paranormal happening.

I think your stories are something many people can relate to- that point in time when you just know something is wrong before you find out. For me, this comes in the form of precognitive dreams. I have had one warning me that each of my previous relationships would end, and each time they did shortly after. I also have thought about someone I hadn't thought of in years, just to find out that she had been killed at that very time. Pretty weird.

Your dad's story is creepy, but thankfully one that turned out okay. I would have to question if the woman found out someone's plot about the bridge and perhaps fled behind a tree or building when your dad and the others looked away so that she wouldn't be questioned too much. But, if not she could well have been an apparition .... I'd like to think she was the latter :)

No i totally agree they dont prove life after death , but things like this ( fact IMO) prove there is more to life than meets the eye...so you never know. I have had loads of little things all my life , nothing major but just little wierd things .

The lady at the sports centre is the most honest , straight person you could ever meet, and at one time she had to lock up on her own which was out of order for anyone as it was slightly isolated. Her daughter used to come up with the dog. One night they heard a noise behind one of the doors, and found a chair behind the door....and the building empty. Obviously you dont know them , but i totally believe her.....thats how she is.

Yeah man, I can relate to the loads of little things- it's almost like when they happen you think to yourself, wow that's not coincidence, I must be on the right path. You know, like the knowing something will happen before it does- it's sort of like a check point that makes you think you're going in the right direction.

& i believe the lady, doesn't seem like she had any incentive to lie

My daughter is 1/2 Latina and she will learn about Dia de los Muertos, probably starting this year. It a mix of Aztec and Catholic traditions. I think Latinos have healthy attitudes toward death. It's not something that's gross or a taboo subject. We will set up an altar to honor my dear late grandma and for her travels back to us to visit for one day at the beginning of November. It's mostly symbolic but a little part of me is comforted with the thought that what if she really is visiting us from the spirit world. In a way, though, she truly is living on every time I think and talk about her.

Teresa

I try not to form any ideologies concerning religion and the afterlife. Too much brainwashing from a mentally ill father and cult-ish religions growing up. Anything that I've experienced 'out of the ordinary' I try to chalk up to being a coincidence. I have a fear of becoming like my father and letting fantasy take precedence over reality.

i kinda figure it will be like deep sleep. no awareness of anything.

i do like to think that all the swine will be eternally poked in the posterior by flaming demons with spikey forks though..

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
i kinda figure it will be like deep sleep. no awareness of anything.

i do like to think that all the swine will be eternally poked in the posterior by flaming demons with spikey forks though..

What about all the spankfaces? :p lol

Latest posts

Back