Life kicking you when you're down :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissa1987

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice/opinions on how people handle the situation of “life kicking you when your down.” Seems I am in the this never ending rut that I can't get myself out of. No matter how hard I try it just isn't good enough, I keep falling back into the same mother effin rut. It's like something bad is always happening and things are forever getting worse to the point to where I give up. So if you will enlighten me on some success stories or something so I can get myself through this! Help lol I'm in need!

Man,it is hard.

From a time that I have 3 groups of friends who hangs out with me and two close friends,but after 1 year,I did not hang out with them anymore.I have asthma and all of them were just at the soccer field near my house.None of them comes to me and say,"How are you?Are you better?"

It is not easy but I was able to make friends with them.

I'm in the same boat; it hasn't been a good year thus far.

Calm waters will come again. In the meantime, all we can do is weather the storm.

you have to give yourself an ultimatum. That's how you get out of a hole. Its hard to reach this point, but when you do...it'll be a turning point for you ;)

you just have to decide and be unwavering in that decision. :)

Life throws its spins on people’s plans whether you are or aren’t down. The difference is that when things haven’t been goin your way for a while, it’s natural to let it get to ya more easily.

You ask how to handle this, and I can’t really answer that. You have you find your own way, a way that will motivate yourself to continue, to keep your head up during these rough patches, and hope one day things will turn around. Some interesting lyrics I heard, yet I think they shed a lot of truth:

See in life things go wrong.
If it don't kill you, it’s only gonna make you strong.
So you must hold on.
If everything was right, then there’s something wrong
Ironic ain’t it, that’s just the way life is.

I guess sometimes we tend to build a wall that’s just too high, and we let ourselves down no matter how much we try. If you let it get to ya, you’ll end up becoming numb, which will lead to being indifferent or worse, only find flaws in everything and everyone. At least I can say so for myself. Then it becomes all the more difficult to break the cycle.

The key is come to terms with your problems, accept the way things are at the moment and move on as quickly as possible. Maybe things will get better, maybe they won’t. But at least your thoughts won’t be occluded with all the bullshit in your life.

I’m sorry if I didn’t offer much help. Hopefully things will turn around for ya :)

LOL....As a matter of fact Mallisa. I'm listen to I AM enough work book.

It's simple..OK
Don't analzye it.

Pick up an object and hold it in your hand. Grip it and hard as you can. (feel the tension)
Then simply DROP IT....drop the object.

Now apply the samething to your FEELING of being not enough.
Bring up the feeling of not being good enough. Feel it...recognize that feeling.
sight, sounds and mental thoughts you might get.

Then simple allow yourself to DROP IT. DROP your FEELINGS of not being good enough.
Don't ask why or try to figure it out....whatever problems you might think you
might have to resolve it...Whatever your mind wants to resolve...

JUST DROP IT...drop the FEELING OF NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH. RELEASE it Forever out of you.

Just pratice doing that for 10-15..mins

ALLOW youself to stay OPEN.

YOU are WHOLE and COMPLETE already...YOU are GOOD ENOUGH before you were borned.
It's just a rememberance of who you are.

It is your thinking and feelings of not being good enough.
You are not your thoughts or emotions...
You have thoughts and feelings...(don't deny it)...however it is not you. You just feel that way at the moment or
holding on to it.

You can apply the same priciple to whatever unwanted or negative feelings that's robbing you of your energy or life.

Letting of the feeling of being in rut...
Letting go of your problems.

Let go or drop it. Treat those negative feelings as trash...
Do you dig through a trash can to analyze trash... ? No you don't

mmm you're in a medical field...maybe not a good analogy.
Do you analyze your poo ?...No you don't. You just flush it away without questions...lol

The way i do it...I'll just breathe out to release.

The droping an object gave me visual...or a knowing that I can drop something if I want. SIMPLE

Then just apply this simple excersize of releasing or letting go to anything you want.
Such as anger, fustrations, bordom, hurt, grieving, resistence to change, fears..lonliness....ect.

Once you let go it's like almost automatic you'll see and feel peace. (awaken)
It's actaully the samething when you meditate...but this principle you can apply in your life every moment
everyday when you're in actions or taking actions. In a peaceful state of being you'll make better decisions
and take better appropriate actions...It'll come natural.
You don't need to be a spiritaul guru to achive this...becuase YOUR WHOLE ALREADY...its just being aware of it.

It's working for me...becuase I've never thought i feel this alive..again.
Jenni's death...kicked me in the ass hard...I struggle and struggled with it.
No matter how much i tried to resolved Jenni's death or played it in my mind over and over again ...I couldn't
I had a lot of guilt, remose i was carrying around inside of me. Becuase my mind went into what if I did this
or what if i did that...Survival guilt. I had to let go of my feelings of guilt.

You can read Sophia's thead about being empty...it gets you to same place.
Or you can read Naleena thread about not having a stroty to tell ...it's the same principle.
Our mind create our sufferings.

Learn to not expect things to go right.

Expect the absolute worst and be ready for it. At least you can then carry on unscathed.

Latest posts

Back