List something that did NOT exist, atleast mainstream, when you were born?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mobile phone.
Back then it was carrier pigeon as one of the alternatives. Though I preferred to use carrier duck. At least that way you could hear it quacking as it strolled up to your door and after reading the message, you could eat the ****** as part of a gourmet snack.

Electric vehicles
The first electric car made it's debut in 1890. Even before that they had electric trainsā€¦ real trains. They were small and ran mostly for mining sites.

When I was a young teen (think Pres Johnson) I had a neighbor that owned an electric Plymouth.

Just trivia.

I was born before motorcyclists had the annoying need to wave as they passed other motorcyclists.

The thing is, there was this sense that if i didn't wave back the Hell's Angels would track me down and rip my arms off.

Haven't people been calling each other "bro" since the '60s or '70s?

I thought it was an old hippie/surfer term.
Maybe occasionally, but not like the way itā€™s currently popular. I should know - I listen to my 13-year old son and his friends online together playing games and itā€™s constantly, ā€œBro! Thatā€™s totes cool!ā€ and ā€œBro, CRINGE!ā€ and various other sayings. Itā€™s pretty amusing actually, I get a kick out of their slang these days. . . probably very much how my parents felt listening to my 80ā€™s slang. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜†

Haven't people been calling each other "bro" since the '60s or '70s?

I thought it was an old hippie/surfer term.

I guess possibly that could be the case in the U.S.A. but here in the U.K. I don't recall it really being a thing until maybe 20 years ago, and that was few and far between. In the last few years it's increased to infestation levels. I've even heard women calling each other "bro". That's how ridiculous it's become.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back