loneliness and nice people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've noticed a lot of people posted that they are lonely say that they are also nice. I wonder why this is the case. Does anyone have a theory?

They are more sensitive and thus more afraid of rejection, causing them to be over-cautious when approaching people (or shy) and less likely to talk/socialize?

I don't know, but it is somewhat of a trend (though not-lonely people can also be nice).

Interesting question/observation.

duu said:
They are more sensitive and thus more afraid of rejection, causing them to be over-cautious when approaching people (or shy) and less likely to talk/socialize?

I don't know, but it is somewhat of a trend (though not-lonely people can also be nice).

Interesting question/observation.

Hmm...sounds familiar. Oh wait, that's me. :p Though, as far as social...I'm more of the answer guy. I am nice though. Probably because I don't want to say anything offensive or anything...

As far as I go, and I'm sure it's a common problem ... maybe some of us are too forgiving and too accomodating, not knowing when to say no to someone. I think maybe we have high (and still reasonable) expectations of people ... such as loyalty, compassion, etc. I think the majority of people in the world just don't possess the qualities that define a genuinely good person, so obviously we are disappointed by people a lot.

Guess I probaly would be the one to break this theory. I don't know if its just be lonely has gotten to me or if it's just how I am. I am pretty much usally a ornery person that not too many people like to be around anymore. I just to be less ornery but anymore anything piss's me off. I would like to be a nice happy person but why should I?

Why beat about the bush: First of all, most people do believe themselves to be perfectly nice. But one unpleasantly obvious possibility remains, succinctly that ruthlessness frequently improves social integration.

Latest posts

Back