Loneliness level quiz

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aisha said:

Aisha said:
Now it's 21.

16. Quite positive that some of the people I've met through this forum have definitely played a part and helped me to overcome certain issues, without realizing how important they have been to the process. Thank you, this forum.

Fun fact: As soon as you actually answer the questions you got 10 points safe. Even if you stick exclusively to 'Never'.

Haha, I guess I got one of the maximum values.

Yeah, I feel like that a lot, but I also like to make steps to remedy it.

The quiz was too short and predictable; you could almost manipulate the results by how blatant the questions were.

34... also I'd like to say this of course is not an accurate quiz.

5. How often do you find yourself waiting for people to call or write?
Never
Rarely
Sometimes
Often

Never gives you 1 point, and Often gives you 4, I clicked never, because nobody calls or writes from the people I know IRL, so I don't sit around waiting on that either, it's something I just don't have...

(EDIT: of course quizzes are fun ;))

I just got 37 - Extreme Loneliness

I only recently started reading studies that suggest that loneliness is not just a mental health problem or a social adeptness problem, but a PHYSICAL problem.

I have read several accounts of research indicating that prolonged loneliness is the equivalent of smoking 15 cigarettes a day, or being an alcoholic with respect to health concerns. One article claimed that loneliness increases risk of heart disease at the same rate as an obese person, and that the risk of strokes increase almost 20%. (I read lots of articles, so if you are interested, do a search for loneliness and health risks to find the sources.)

Finally, a TEDtalk in Norway about loneliness was really eye-opening for me. Karen Dolva of No Isolation talks about the debilitating effects that loneliness has on our lives. Loneliness is not just losers who cannot maintain social connections, but it is a serious health risk, and at least her company in Norway is attempting to combat this problem. Check it out for yourself here.

Latest posts

Back