lonely college life by the invisable man

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real quick, on a slight relief note, I’m not failing the class. Not that that means honeysuckle but still its slightly less stress for now.

Invisible man

BTW

This quote is not necessarily true,

"If we do not advance our steel, germs, guns, technology, loneliness bureaucracy, we die"

Currently that’s the way it is, it wasn't always like that

Hello everyone,

Invisible man here

This is my last post and time here

This thread has gotten too weird

Such anger and threats and hostility

???why???

I’m sorry for mine but this is just not cool or fun anymore, you have problems man, way worse than mine, whatever, please go in peace, I wish you well

To all of you who have responded nicely, vector, sinko, and others thanks, you’re awesome. And to all of you who read but didn't post, I hope you enjoyed this. From the beginning it was just supposed to be open honest vulnerable sharing, it’s not that anymore and it’s just too weird and hostile now. Well it was fun,

I really did enjoy writing

Bye

Honest, valuable sharing, All my posts are valuable and honest, but their result, THE PHILOSOPHICAL EQUATION SOLVED IN MY HEAD IS MORE VALUABLE.

I have hit a new plateau of understanding through this forum, and I hope some of you have as well. Some are left behind and do not comprehend, they want this thread to be the metaphorical cry to their mommy. Well she ain't listening, so you might as well get above the realm of such actions, achieve enlightenment, even if it is brutal, honest and angry at having achieved itself. A child comes into the world through pain, much like my enlightenment has.

Now I am not lonely anymore, the void has been partially filled with people, but mostly none of this matters anymore. I am free of it, and my joy is anger, thus my hostile posts.

I am beyond what I was when first posting here.

Vector here!
what a long time since i came here!! been so busy with exams and uni, but i'm back now!
what's the damage and corruption happened to this thread!

the place looks as empty as a place after war! :*(
where's u invisible man!? and u glaze!? Elissa!? Blue colar man!?
where r u all guys!!!?

Vector said:
Vector here!
what a long time since i came here!! been so busy with exams and uni, but i'm back now!
what's the damage and corruption happened to this thread!

the place looks as empty as a place after war! :*(
where's u invisible man!? and u glaze!? Elissa!? Blue colar man!?
where r u all guys!!!?

Hi Vector, how ve you been?

Yes.. i had been busy with exams and uni too.. and when i visited back i dint recognize this thread anymore. Couldnt think of anything to write. :*(

To the original poster- I am almost exactly the same situation as you,, but I am in California. Your post was beautiful, each topic and idea you covered seemed like it was taken from my head, but for the most part more eloquently. Thank you for expressing your feelings. I just discovered this site a few minutes ago when I did a google search for 'lonely in college'. I will write in length of my own situation sometime soon. Again, thank you.

Hi, I'm a college freshman. I am actually having an okay time, especially compared to my senior year of high school during which i was constantly thinking of killing myself. You know the usual, thinking of methods, doing research, writting letters in your head. The summer was also pretty brutal to, and I was soooo relieved to just be in a new environment, however, now it doesn't seem to be enough. I am reasonably happy, I have friends, I interact fairily well, I just have this desperate need to connect with someone. It's not in a sexual manner at all, (don't get me wrong, I have those thoughts too), I would really like to just sit next to someone with my head on their shoulder. I think that would be lovely, or maybe a nice hug, or a reassuring smile. I am also in the same boat as you as far as "experience" goes. I have never had a boyfriend, and I've never even kissed a boy. To the best of my knowledge, I do not for the life of me understand why this is. By most standards I think i would be considered pretty, or in the very least cute. My mother always used to reassure me that boys were just "intimidated" by smart girls, and that they would get over that in College. Well, I've been here about a month and have very little success. I kind of have this thing going with a guy on my floor, however he doesn't have enough courage to do anything about it, and I'm not into him enough to push it any further. I mean I was the one that confessed to liking him, and recieved the very bullshit reply "i like hanging out with you too..." He then later basically asked me to tell him what to do, however if he doesn't know for himself I don't see it working out. Besides I secretly found out that he does not find me "that particuarly attractive" which I think is very strange since he admitted to thinking this one girl on our floor (who I am clearly prettier than, not to mention about two sizes smaller) as attractive. I just don't get guys. I mean, I didn't even find this guy that attractive, to me I was lowering my own personal standards (as far as appearances go) and then I find out he doesn't even find me attractive?!? That was a big blow to my ego, not that I am incredibly egotistical (although I know it must sound otherwise from what I have written so far.) I suppose I was just touchy about my looks becuase I have always (as most young women my age do) had an unhealthy obsession with my weight. I am by no means fat (i'm a size seven thank you very much!) but I always have this constant paranoia that I am. It is truely horrible, I don't even realize I'm thin until years later I look back at a picture and wonder how on earth I could have ever found myself fat.
Lets see, what other boring story could I tell you?
Well, I am not very homesick, which is pretty great since I am now residing on the opposite side of the states from whence I am originally from. The main reason being that I don't really have a home to miss. My parents who have been divorced for years are now currently living and to a certain extent depending on their significant others. This makes it incredibly akward for me because now I have absolutely no place to think of as home. I mean my "home" wasn't that great to start out, a shitty apartment I had lived in for ten years, but nevertheless it was my home, and it very depressing to think that I will never have that place to go back to.

What else?
I've been on anti- depressents for the last seven months.. First lexapro, now I've advanced to Prozac. Quite excellent no? Well I could write for ages, but I am pretty sure you wouldn't read all of it. Hell I'm surprised if you have made it thus far through all of my selfish whining and bull honeysuckle.

First of all Invisible Man, I've read your posts and empathize. I hope after you read this post you will reply back and hopefully tell me that I helped you to feel any better. :) Anyway, let me just tell you a little about my miserable existence. I used to be a normal kid; that was a long time ago, back in grammar school. I was funny and outgoing. But, something happened in middle school and continued on into high school. I stopped trusting people, my three closest friends of childhood fell out of my life--one I just plain stopped seeing and the other two changed schools. I became seriously shy. I never went to any of my high school dances, including my senior prom. While everyone was making an epic memory at prom, I was home. I don't even remember what I was doing (yea, whatever it was was that important).

It also doesn't help that I have social anxiety. My anxiety gets so bad that I can actually vomit. I work at a restaurant as a bus boy. Well, there was a girl that used to work there that I was totally infatuated with. I mean I LOVED HER. Well, I used to get so nervous about making a good impression that every Saturday before I went to work I'd get sick and throw up (Imagine what that can do to your self esteem). Well, one day I finally told her that I wanted to go see a movie with her and she said okay, but nothing ever came of it. If she were interested she would have set something up.

And now I have no one in my life that I am romantically interested in. And it sucks. Loneliness is a terrible thing. If I could give up my life just so no one had to be lonely I would. It'd probably be the one thing in my life that I'd ever volunteered for!

I hope you're still reading and can relate to this in some way. If not I apologize. Feel free to ask me questions if you have any.

And now I'm at college...
When I'm there, I usually walk around aimlessly with my cd player, watching the normal people laugh, flirt, and enjoy their lives. I envy them so much. They take for granted their ability to socialize and make friends with ease. What I really can't stand is guys flirting with women. I wish I could do that so bad. Sometimes I can, if I'm in the right mood. But I usually find social interaction to be exhausting, both mentally and physically. And it really sucks because I'm torn between isolation which I love and hate at the same time, but also being around other people which I also love and hate at the same time. You know Invisible, I thought at college things were going to change for me. I really did. I thought I'd get a girlfriend, have someone to share my feelings with, have sex, love, love me back, and we live happily ever after.

Well, now I know...

There is no happily ever after.

Look forward to talking to you Invisible. And just know that someone in this world is feeling the same way you are. You are not a freak, you are not weird, I'll bet you're a fascinating person. Most shy people seem to be. God Bless You.

To the Original poster of this thread:

I feel the exact same way. I go to work & suffer the entire day, not talking to anybody. I just sit there at my cubicle and have my obsessed thoughts about hating the way I look & everything about me.

I sit there on my computer & wonder what it's like to have people want to hang out with you and like you.

I have one friend & when I hang out with him he always gets phone calls & txt messages. Every time we go out & eat girls will flirt with him and just say cute things to him, while I'm ignored.

I put on that smiling face all the time... Sometimes I actually start to beleive it. It's actually quite deceiving. I tell myself that I have just fully embraced loneliness, I am perfectly fine with it and that many great people spent their time all alone. This lasts for several hours…. And then I see something or hear something that just tears down the whole façade…

Liz said:
I put on that smiling face all the time... Sometimes I actually start to beleive it. It's actually quite deceiving. I tell myself that I have just fully embraced loneliness, I am perfectly fine with it and that many great people spent their time all alone. This lasts for several hours…. And then I see something or hear something that just tears down the whole façade…

Woah, thats exactly what i do, around other at school im always the happy guy, but something has to happen which just crushes me from the inside :(

Hi Invisable

I've never done any forums before, even for things that really interested me like favorite TV shows, or video games. But...after reading your first post I was so amazed that someone like you, and a lot of the other posters exist. I have to say that nothing...be it a book movie what have you..has touched my inner most lonely thoughts the way your post just did. I'm a 20 year old male, in college with no girlfriend or hopeful in sight. I have a few close friends which I admit help me keep my sanity, however with all the relationships I have had I never feel the way movies, tv shows, other people, say your supposed to feel. Now don't get me wrong I'am no Casanova here, but I have had a fair share relationships.However most of my connections with people to my memory has been through sex. I feel sad, and pathetic when I realize that Ive been in this state(I have affectionatly called my "shell") all my life. Ive never truly let anyone in in all my stupid life. But I guess after reading ur first post you might say "at least" you have had sex. But I can't start to tell you how unsatisfiying this chain of relationships can be.

Now I'm in college in my third year. And just like in my first and second year I feel completely disconnected from ppl. And I don't know where I can go socially from here. I'm a pretty boy according to my friends, but yet I remain in a social status, and with social skills of a doormat.

Anyway its just making me upset talking about how pathetic I am and I can't seem to really put it down the way you did brilliantly in your first post. furthermore, I can hear the ppl I envy right now out side having fun at 1 in the morning, not that 1am is too early for ppl with "lives" that is. But I just had to tell you(going against all my usually complacent thoughts) how much you hit it on the head with me. I really feel bad that like you said we could pass each other on the street maybe even share a bus stop conversation and not know it, because I'm from philly making it more likely. Anyway I'll probably remember your thoughts for a while, and I'll check out somemore of the your posts to fellow lonely's, and see what else you had to say,

thanks, nice to know im not alone as corny as that sounds

Guest said:
I’m 22 male, virgin.  A few male friends, well actually one.  But don't see that often nor do I really want to.  I commute from home where one parent lives, I hate it.  I hate college. it's in Philadelphia.  I don't know what I’m doing there.  the amazing thing is to me is on the full campus there is a feeling of isolation.  I feel invisible most of the time.  I know for a fact I’m not the only one but that is not very comforting.  I see many eating studying sitting alone and want to say something completely honest for once.  like , 'I lonely can me talk openly and kindly to one another and see if we like each other"?  I feel bad that there are so many(and even more than I thought now seeing this page) lonely people out there.  every one is so unique and interesting.  It's too bad we don't make it a point to introduce ourselves to every single ******* person we lay eyes on just because there may be a connection there.  looks don't mean anything because everyone is so unique and we all have so much to share and give.  Basically I make "friends" with the people I sit next to randomly on the first day of class, that's it.  I try to make friends but it never goes anywhere and I am very hard on myself with an inferiority deal going.  I hate parties because I feel stiff and awkward and like the people don't like me.  wrong I know but still it's enough to make me not go.  I don't drink so that discourages me from trying to break some hardcore ice at a real party.  but I feel those kids are shallow especially if I go solo.  It's amazing sometimes I can go the entire 7-hour day without saying one word. I desperately want to though. I smoke a lot of pot, which does not help with sociability one ******* bit.  When people ignore or I fuckup some interaction I comfort myself with the fact of , "oh well I’ll just get high".  I've been in that cycle for years now.  I love the intimate vulnerable real conversations that happen alone between close people.  I wish it could be like that all the time, instead of sarcastic jokes, masculine gesturing, and guarded analytic conversations.  

self help(yes I’ve been desperate enough to go down that road many times) books talk about how a lot of us probably on this forum arte "waiting".  Were waiting for that special someone to come into out life and make it meaningful. so we all have to get out there right and put our out happy face and act like we don't have to persuade ourselves to get up in the morning because we wonder what’s the point.  Yeah ******* right, how depressing. I've read books on every religion and all philosophies.  new age stuff like Wayne dyer, some Dali lama like stuff, Hinduism, and every other self-help book I thought might comfort me. At the end of them I felt like I am trying to delude myself, to try and convince myself of the power of now, or the beauty of sunsets, detachment from the fruit of action, and all that other related stuff which  now what seems to me, garbage.  Stuff to make money of us lonely people.  masturbating get real boring and depressing after a while though as all of you probably know but I’d be interested in opinions.  I depress myself, I know. I sickly enjoy it like a drug.  I don't know how to get off it though.  if your still reading, you're awesome, thank you.  this will sound real dumb and redundant but  its nice to know that there are still lonely people out there, and I not the only one sitting home alone wishing things could be different but don’t know how, maybe thinking about calling that distant contact, male or female, late at night when the loneliness just feels like it's too much one night.  I don’t of talk to them (lonely people) during my days so it's nice we can communicate of express ourselves openly and anonymously here in the artificial cyber world.

Something else that maybe some of you have experienced.  you meet someone that you’re attracted to, you seem to get along.  She or He is more popular than you, probably common if you're on this forum. better social skills which is why they were able to even talk to you in the first place.  they ask about things you do or the dreaded( to me), "What are you doing this weekend(or tonight or a holiday) the answer is always the same, "nothing".  And they might answer "oh", and proceed to tell you about their big plans or may kindly spare you.  Either way I feel like I’ve been exposed as a loner, someone with something different about them and probably interpreted to the other as sad or desperate and it appears unattractive.  The problem perpetuates itself b/c when someone does brush into my life I’m either, "aloof" which one girl described me as which was fuckin' dead on.  I’m afraid to get hurt or feel awkward, cowardly I know.  Or I weakly try to pursue and it just fizzles out in a sad way.  I’ve only a few times in entire life let someone actually "see" me.

I used to be an extrovert, I had friends and didn't care what people thought of me, which always I think, goes in your favor.  I went to high school and became a loner.  I was scared of the extroverts and judgmental people there.  the things that were respected and thought of as funny there I could not relate to.  I hid for four years.  I’ve never been on high school date, never kissed a girl til college, but that’s as far as it went. Never went to any school function, (games, prom, or graduation) because what was the point to be like George Mcfly in back to the future dancing by yourself in a fancy outfit?  I absorbed myself in a hobby(which im not saying I order to perhaps obscure myself a little better) and drug use.  both solo home alone activities.  I had one friend all of high school who didn't even go to the same school.  

I go to school and come home to what I wish was an empty house but worse it has a angry depressed parent there which is even worse and more depressing and alienating.  People would come to my funeral if I died but no one I care about, because know that I think about it I care almost about no one.  I'm not proud of that.  maybe a few people.  

I ask all of you who perhaps think this, what makes us think that a relationship will solve our problems?  dating can be very depressing at times from my incredibly limited experience bank.  Online dating seems way too sad but perhaps I’ll give it try if I’m still a virgin in a year.  It seems I may be wrong but online dating look more attractive to women because nice guys(and nuts) are more willing to go to that and not feel weird about it.  When I see a female's ad I think she must have been kicked around in some bad relationships and probably has some mental problems.  Wrong I know but I involuntarily think that.  then again I don’t know what's it's like to have some ugly creep just want to stick his dick in you and that's it.  I'd be interested in what gay/lesbian loneliness and online dating is like is, more isolating or less, or depends on person and situation.  sorry I’m categorizing here, but I really know no out gay people.  I spot them but that's it.  perhaps a relationship would make me happy, I’ll take the pain of the inevitable break up for just some time in a satisfying relationship.  at this point I’m obsessed with sex but would trade no sex in a heartbeat for an honest kind relationship. I need that more than anything.  My hobby doesn't comfort me that much.  Perhaps some confidence would be nice too.  but some acceptance and kindness is what dream about most.  I thought "leaving Las Vegas" was fuckin' beautiful.      

Oh and fresia facebook, for those of you who know what it is or are on it.  What a great way to make yourself depressed and feel lonely seeing or being faceboooked by someone with 700 friends to add to your pile of 2, if you’re lucky.  to see their party pictures, like they want to prove, "look I’m hip, I’m cool, I do honeysuckle and have friends and I want to catch it in the act!"  ahhh, how sad. for me I mean. I’m just frustrated b/c I’d probably be right there with them it I had the friends and social skills.  

Not that I blaming anything or is it something we could change if it were true but why does out culture and society produce so many lonely?  We are all afraid of each other it seems.  AFRAID OF NOT BEING LIKED.  Do TV and media do that to us, make us scared of each other?  I probably, like many of you was raised with a steady diet of cable TV, and I’m sure that I have many subconscious feelings and attitudes from it.  judgments and fears that inhibit even talking to people.

Like you know this if you're in college.  Teacher asks a question to big or small class.  You know the answer, you may even find the topic interesting and let's say you even like the professor. No one says anything except for the same few kids who talk ever time, and your sick of their mundane opinions.  I think they just like to hear themselves speak.  5 people talk out of 100.  I'm scared of looking stupid or worse having to defend my argument with a more aggressive person or like I’ve done before say something a little different and alienate myself from my peers.  and which doesn’t help, sometimes you just don't care.

I feel like im chasing my tail. I dread tomorrow.  I'll be there for a short amount of time eat some food and go home.  all alone.  

I hope some of you do this because I would think it very amusing, a secret intangible bond between us.  When you feel bad, which for me is most of time, but you put on a "happy" face.  I don't mean a big fake smile, but a what I think of as I face of someone who might be happy.  At least that's how I want it interpreted.  Content or so I think.  I want to do the miserable expression that would feel so good and natural.  I don't because I feel then if no one talks to me I so brought it upon myself and im just exacerbating my own isolation.  

It just gets old to be alone all the time doing your routine things expected of you.  we are not machines.  It feels pointless alot of the time, especially when I see older people working honeysuckle jobs or even "good" ones and think that they go back to a one bedroom apartment alone.  I have a little hope b/c at least I’m in college for a while so I’m am around thousands of women. They don't talk to me but still.  Being in a  job or working at home where you don't meet people must be so depressing.  It looks still shitty but better for people in relationships.  They have someone at home and talk to.  I will definitely kill myself if I end up in something like that.  Or do something like move to Thailand then maybe kill myself.  But driving home alone in your car, entering your door alone and sitting on your chair wondering what will you do.  Perhaps drugs, booze, TV, strippers, intellectual stimulation like books, food, but the flow underneath it all is you would rather be doing something else.  those are all weak temporary escapes, as everyone knows, but we still al do them.  To work to sit alone in a room.  That's what our culture produces these days.  Tribal people wouldn’t have any idea what were talking about, the feeling of meaningless and isolation and unalterable loneliness, and uniquely ours dread of the future.

well I feel a little better, I hope someone reads this.  If not that' alright too.  I just wanted to say this. Maybe you'll me pass one day on the street and won't even know it .  I won't know you read it but there is a connection there.  I won't introduce myself of course and you probably won't either but we both know about these confessions so that will have to be enough.    

If you're in college I’d love to hear what you have to say about this.  The movies I saw before college(animal house, van wilder) are nothing like college is, at least for me.  It's numbing and depressing and monotonous.  I thought it's be different from high school like older adults promised me.  it is for some I guess.  if you reply I promise I’ll write back, if that's any enticement.

I just read some other person's post.  At least feel good if you've had any kind of friend girl thing at all.  I’ve never had any. A few weak relationships, once with a women twice my age, which was fun only because it was new for me, but she stopped returning phone calls after a "date" which didn't seem that bad, which trust me I’ve analyzed.  other than that only "friend" girls that I was so ready to fall in love with but they seemed not interested and I don't know how to break the big ice of moving close.  oh and I have the classic situation of currently being in love with unattainable girl (I randomly connected with conversationally once that was fantastic), but she’s in a different social strata and in love with her bf and I never see her.  so basically I know no one at my school and am alone all the time there.  So yeah.  Another poster wrote this which I thought was great,

"I wish I didn't have to speak. It's so hard sometimes, to get the words out, in person or on paper. I wish I could just project my thoughts outward from my center, so that others could see them and understand what I can't describe or what becomes irrelevant in words"

in some fizzling conclusion, I thought I was one of the only people on earth desperate and confused enough to type I am lonely in google, I am profoundly wrong, which is nice and pleasantly surprising.  this site is so cool, I would be friends with each and every one of you.  This site because of its subject matter seems real honest and guards let down, a rare thing in my life these days.  I love it, thank you

I finally found it..........I have read this twice and every single ******* bit of it is a splittin image of how I am. I agree with every part that he has said. The college thing is exactly right for me. Go to class, eat, and come home like he said, ALONE! It's too hard for me to talk to anyone. And you are right its like they don't even see you. ****, well I guess atleast I am not all alone with this. Thank you for the post.

Wow, I had no idea other people felt same way about college as me.
It's been really hard for me to make friends here, even living in the dorms.
I thought maybe my roommate would introduce me to her friends( she is from here), but she really doesn't want to hang out and is never in the room.

It's even harder to meet people since in the beginning of the term this one guy made fun of how i look in front of a room full of people. I know i shouldn't let it get to me but I just feel like the only not-cool one. Everyone is just so hipster on campus and I'm not like that at all.

this post says so many true things, that almost everone on here can relate to.....

This was amazing! Simply - thank you!

P.S. College is nothing... believe me. Try to co-op with office-politics :-( Pure horror.

K

Oh my goodness... it's like you're me living in a parallel universe, but with the exact same situation. I go to college, alone, and doesn't talk to anyone except for this girl in one of my classes that I'm not attracted to. We were only able to talk to each other because we're both of the same nationality. Other than that, I feel so pathetic that every time I see a pretty girl at school, I always think, "I wonder what it's like to go out with her." I'm also a 22-year-old virgin, never been kissed, but I've sort of gone out with a few girls. But it never progressed anywhere. And I also have this annoying trait of "falling in love" with a girl if I've had a serious, intimate conversation or online chat with her. I hate that I'm leaning on porn just to try to get an alternative to what I've never had before. But what can I do? The loneliness is just too much. I'm so lonely, I think it's really bad for my mental health.

I hope you still go to this forum, and I hope you read this post and the ones before this. We just need to talk to each other and maybe find comfort in the fact that we're not alone in being alone.

invisible09 said:
And please reply let me know if anyone is out there, so that we can feel we are not really alone in the well…

You just descried my life... almost to the letter :-(

Hey Invisible Man, I feel like I wrote your post. I feel like I wrote what you wrote, and I say magnificent job. My life mirrors yours alot.

If you're having another lonely college day, and you think you can go on, remember that at least I am going through the exact same thing.

I went to University in San Francisco for a semester. Even though I was surrounded by so many beautiful people, and such beautiful surroundings which brought tears of wonder to my eyes, I was completely invisible, and in constant seclusion. I stayed alone inside of a pitch-black dorm, watching hundreds of episodes of Naruto on my computer, with that wonderful city just sitting there beyond me. I am back at my depressing home, at a local rundown community college, living with my angry, depressed, constantly bickering parents and family, with horribly slipping grades and squandered dreams and talents.

There was this girl I met, who asked to join my group for a class project and, well, she was on a totally different spectrum than I. Complete opposite -- outgoing, quirky, eccentric, random, with an inner and outer beauty that was so bizarre and angelic, I often wondered if I was dreaming. I was so insecure about revealing my true self to her that I instead shut her out, and have been living with that horrible, destructive guilt ever sense. I could never understand her motives of interest in me. I pondered whether we we kindred spirits, and I am positive we were, only separated by respective introversion and extroversion. But then again she would strike up random conversations with "strangers" -- homeless drug addicts, or hapless drunkards, general dregs of society. I think the only reason she was interested in me was that she found me intriguing -- in the same way one would be horrified yet fascinated by a corpse.

Reading your post was reading my own writing, except from another person and perspective. I personally have the inability to express my thoughts to the extent that you did. I have gone months without saying a single word to another human. Sometimes I get so deep in my own head and set in my ways, with the lonesomeness and seclusion, that when people reach out to me I'm unable to reciprocate. They resent me for it all the more, and a cycle of regret is always burned anew. It's gotten to the point that I don't even care at all about anything. I just have to figure out how push this lifeless body through the horrible routine of college, eat, sleep, and scattered escapisms.

"At least feel good if you've had any kind of friend girl thing at all." Tell me about it, I get this feeling every time I hear someone complaining about troubles with a person of the opposite sex. But wouldn't it feel even more horrible if, for the madness of your own unrealistic insecurities, you actually REJECTED and cut all ties with the girl of your dreams?

I've had a few weak "relationships" myself, but almost all of them end with the women regarding me as "aloof" as well. I guess

Machines is true, we are all machines. "That's what our culture produces these days. Tribal people wouldn’t have any idea what were talking about, the feeling of meaningless and isolation and unalterable loneliness, and uniquely ours dread of the future. "

That's why I have major beef with our culture. Everybody is lonely, and feels isolated within this type of society, built around material objectives, but there are many ways in which day to day citizens cover up the audaciousness of their consumer predicaments: relationships, devices, entertainment, status -- just band-aids on a meticulous systematic wound. Sometimes I wonder if school, or status, or a prestigious job are even worth it if I'm only feeding into this horrible cycle. I'll be the same miserable wretch as before. With Globalization and Modernization of our culture, its only a matter of time before the entire Global Society is a reflection of these patterns.... I have to think in these terms in order to add any relevancy to my life.

hey, to all guests, especially the first one on this thread who is 22,
you need to sign on and pick a name, let us know where you from or something
i just feel like it's so ******* unfair that you can hide yourself and put your feelings out there, that a lot of us or i share so much.
i don't get to hide myself anymore and i put all my honeysuckle out there
i wish i could meet you even. and i would certainly would not like to pass you in the street, and not know its you who felt that way, because you don't have the look on your face or because i think "oh this looser look lonely if only he could talk to me, but probably have someone in his life anyway".
at least grant us this chance to think you might be around on the same street or the same state if you are from somewhere we are, when we walk the lonely walk.
and if you want to meet or make a better connection i think (doesn't matter what i think) the way to go is to become a member we can contact, pm for real.
you don't know how many time and how often i think about traveling far away to kill myself, just so i can spare the people in my life the trouble of cleaning the mess i leave behind. i plan, i project, i don't know i just prepare it somehow in my head.
i don't know, i think you speak the truth and there is one special thing you mention, that i exactly do a lot too. so please don't hide too much, you make me feel more hopeless about coming out of my hole myself and anybody else coming out from their lonely invisible disguise.just come and be lonely with us.

Latest posts

Back