Lonely Girlfriend on a Temporary Break

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelygf

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been recently feeling very lonely and kind of sick too.
My boyfriend of four years set us on a temporary break because we would so often fight over small things and he is seriously stressed out.
He told me to take this opportunity to think about our relationship and about how each of us should change to work it out.
He said we needed to help each other.

It's been around two weeks since our break started, and I have realized many of my faults: a. I had always been selfish without realizing it myself, and perhaps took my boyfriend's love for granted. b. Over the years of dating with him, I grew extremely dependent on him and became a very lonely person.

So when he comes back to me in the future I know what I need to do: Be selfless, appreciate and respect him and our relationship more. AND become more independent.

Now I think I can change myself to act selflessly and appreciating and respectful, but becoming more independent is really hard for me.
I'm extremely a lonely person now.
I think about him every second, and if I don't hear from him for a while, I get extremely anxious, lonely, angry, doubtful etc.
Before I met him I was never this needy at all. I was extremely independent, didnt want a boyfriend, but liked to meet with new people and explore!!

Now I never explore, because I've decided to be his faithful girlfriend. Neither my boyfriend nor I meet with opposite sex.
And I'm here quite friendless.
I just relized I don't have anybody to chat or go out with other than my boyfriend, whom I cannot contact for a while..

So is anyone out there who would chat with me when you are bored, or who has any advice on me?

I have MSN and gmail account.
Please feel free to ask me for it and I will give you my email ID.

cheers and love to you all!

Hi lonelygf and welcome.

sounds to me like you would benefit from some relationship counseling.

I mean when you have been seeing the same person for a while its the little things that start to become annoying.

something like relate could help. I mean I am no expert on this things but it sounds like you still love him. You just need to fined a way where the little stuff that don't really matter doesnt make the both of you ague.

And I would agree that you need your own friends as well as a boyfriend.

^^The original poster has not been here in a few years, so I doubt that she'll see this, though it was nice of you to offer.

Also, a word of wisdom, it is not the best idea to put all of your info out there publicly like that.

Me and My significant other had alot of the same problems you described.

It took us almost breaking up to finally change, but the changes we made where pretty small. She started giving me space when I first got home, since that was the time when we where most likely to fight. We both started going out once or twice a month without each other but with people with both knew. And just sitting down and saying, we love each other and want to be with each other but dont want to fight anymore did alot. The mental shift from fighting being a way to get what you want to fighting being something to avoid at all cost.

--- Good Luck, Hope Everything works out!
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back