Lookin to Skype :)

• Thread starter Retrospective81
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Retrospective81

Hi there, 32 male from the NW of the UK :) I like retro gaming, music, movies and all sorts of stuff :)

non judgemental, compassionate, sincere and open mindedness is also what I'm all about!

Interested? :)

I'm into old pc gaming. actually looking for people to play older games online with. pm me if you want.

Retrospective81 said:
Hi there, 32 male from the NW of the UK :) I like retro gaming, music, movies and all sorts of stuff :)

non judgemental, compassionate, sincere and open mindedness is also what I'm all about!

Interested? :)

I'm open to a chat. Always looking to expand my virtual horizons, as it were.

Howdy, long time no see (I've been gone a long while!)

I still have you on Skype but half my contacts have gone skewiff and dont show up as online ever so just re-add me if needs be :)

My skype is Ladyx86

Happy for anyone else to add me too, as long as you say you're from ALL in your request (I get a lot of spam adds)

has anyone come across a good alternative to Skype?
it has to be the worst thing to happen to instant messaging since it was created. nothing but grief here.
if a contact isn't online at the time, they wont get your messages until you are both online together and you both open a convo with each other.
many many messaged are lost or delayed even when you are both online. I regularly chat to people and watch them going on and off, on and off, on and offline line when they are not. it's actually driven most of my friends away from messaging.

Walley said:
has anyone come across a good alternative to Skype?

Yahoo messenger is ok enough, especially if you text message other people. I haven't updated for a couple of years so I don't know its actual state

The biggest alternatives I see are AIM and Yahoo messenger, but those pale in comparison to skype. The thing with skype is that ideally you always keep it open. If you're away use the away and dnd, etc.

God only knows what Microsoft were thinking when they got rid of MSN. The old, old, OLD versions were the best. No ads. No stupid problems. Good emotes.

lostatsea said:
The thing with skype is that ideally you always keep it open. If you're away use the away and dnd, etc.

ya, the theory sounds right, but unfortunately the program is buggy.
I can be sitting chatting to a friend and we both have the windows open and typing back and forth with only a few mins between replies and probably at least once every half hour or less I see a notification saying they have gone offline, then a few mins later back online, then offline again, then online. if someone messages me and I am afk and then they minimize the window, they will not receive my reply when I return until they maximize the window again, and only if I am still online and have my window maximized as well. there are all sorts of issues like that. too many to list here..
I have heard the same complaints about it from all of my Skype contacts, some find it worse than others.
its retarded. very unreliable for an instant messenger. Microsoft only really cares about selling you international phone numbers. maybe the video chats are better but it certainly isn't a great replacement for the old msn.
/rant

Latest posts

Back