Male Virginity=Homosexuality?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point out that if you were gay, you probably wouldn't still be a virgin. That always throws them off.

Are guys still really that homophobic in their 20s? I thought that was just a high school thing.

It's not about guys being homophobic. It's about a FEW individuals being very, very ignorant.

I don't think that the view that virgin = gay is in ANY WAY a widely held view. Sure, guys may rip on each other by mentioning things like this... but it's just another way to rip on each other, as guys quite often do. I don't think that many actually believe it.

I hang with guys, and we insult each other all the time, including gay insults and derogatory remarks. It's just part of the male experience... If I call one of my friends a fag because he writes a poem for his girlfriend, I don't actually believe that he is one or that writing them makes him a fag. It's just another way to poke at him a bit. :p And hell, if I had a hottie who wanted a poem, I'd write one for her and be a fag myself! (hehe)

So.. I guess my point here is that though people say things like that sometimes, I don't believe that they actually proclaim it as truth. It's just male jesting, that's all.

Except for those ignorant few who DO believe it.

Sadly I can understand why someone would think that, people are small-minded and they don't look at the bigger picture and they come to assumptions based on nothing. People wont assume that you might be shy or lack self-confidence or you might have social anxiety around women, they will most likely think there is something wrong with you, or you have a problem with women, then people come to the assumptions that might be a homosexual without any evidence to back up their claims.

In this modern society where people treat sex so seriously and with such importance, when it's really not that big of a issue, or at least I don't think it is. The virgin issue has never bothered me and I hardly think about it because there are far more important issues in life.

Mike Moose said:
I'm gonna stick to my path,take lots of cold showers and watch my X-files dvd box set....the truth is out there!

I think I just fell in love.

My own box set is sitting on a shelf in my bedroom. I kept getting this unsettled feeling every time I tried to sleep and finally decided it was because of that creepy oily eye staring at me from the box cover, making me feel like I'm being watched. So I flipped it around and on the other side is a very naked Mulder! Much better ;)

If Male Virginity = Homosexuality, then Female Virginity = Absolute Hideousness I assume.

The Observer said:
I have a question.....

Why is it that most people perceive male virgins as homosexuals? I was talking to some of my friends the a while back and they asked me if I had any "encounters" (wink wink) yet. I told them no and they started to question my sexuality. This greatly offended me and showed me just how obsessed our society is with sex. I'm in my early twenties (i wont say my actual age for privacy reasons) and some people find my sexual inexperience astonishing. I really don't understand why though, because I know that there are people who are much older than I am and are still virgins. It's almost as if society expects me to lie down with every woman that I meet because of my sex, but that's not me. I take sex seriously, not just for its risk of STD s and unplanned pregnancies, but also for the emotional aspect of it. I believe that when you have sex with someone you truly care for, your not just unifying your flesh, but also your souls. I refuse to have sex with someone that I truly don't care for. I know it may sound as if I am taking sex too seriously, but that is my position on it. Please share your thoughts.....

Your friends are taking the piss. Ignore them, or start calling them hoes.

When you find the right girl, she won't think you're gay, right? That's pretty much the only person who matters.

(anyone know what the plural of ho is? It shouldn't be apostrophised should it? Coz then how do you tell the difference between the plural and the singular possessive, and what the hell would the PLURAL possessive be? -ho's's-?! )

epic fale boy said:
(anyone know what the plural of ho is? It shouldn't be apostrophised should it? Coz then how do you tell the difference between the plural and the singular possessive, and what the hell would the PLURAL possessive be? -ho's's-?! )

It is not yet set as one form since it is still slang and not acceptable as common vernacular, but the two acceptable plural forms for "ho" are "hos" or "hoes." Personally, I prefer "hos" to distinguish it from the gardening implement. The AP also uses "hos."

Since you asked, the plural possessive would be "hos'." You almost never add the "s" after the apostrophe when you have a plural possessive. The only time you would do that is if the plural form does not end in an "s."

Example: "He went to the men's room."

It would NEVER be "ho's," because the apostrophe is used to pluralize only in a very, very few cases. One of them is when you are pluralizing a lower-case letter or a zero as a noun and it would be confusing otherwise.

Example: "All of his i's were dotted with a smiley-face heart." Without the apostrophe, the "i's" would look like the verb "is."

Example: "The long string of 0's and 1's made my eyes go buggy."

You will also use an apostrophe to create the plural of an abbreviation that combines upper and lowercase letters or has interior periods:

Example: "We have three M.A.’s and two Ph.D.’s working for us."

or: "He thinks that all M.D.'s are quacks."

It is safe to say that I get enraged when I see sentences like:

"Put your toy's away."

or

"Boy's and girl's have to use separate changing rooms at the beach."

"Those flower's are very pretty."

or even:

"That really make's me mad."

Sweet Jesus, that's awful.

VanillaCreme said:
EveWasFramed said:
lmao, ask cheaptrickfan. :p She is the resident grammarian. :D

I was going to suggest that myself!

Thanks for the shout-out, Eve and Nilla! :p

cheaptrickfan said:
It would NEVER be "ho's," because the apostrophe is used to pluralize only in a very, very few cases. One of them is when you are pluralizing a lower-case letter or a zero as a noun and it would be confusing otherwise.

What about a string of numbers? Is it in the 1970s or in the 1970's.

I heard you don't have to add the genitive apostrophe for numeral plurals either... so 1s and 0s.

If an apostrophised ho' is an abbreviated whore, where would THAT leave us?

(Ho ho ho!)

Minus said:
cheaptrickfan said:

What about a string of numbers? Is it in the 1970s or in the 1970's.

epic fale boy said:
I heard you don't have to add the genitive apostrophe for numeral plurals either... so 1s and 0s.

Minus, with longer numbers like dates and decades, the apostrophe is not needed, so 1960s or the 70s.

Epic Fale Boy, with single numerals, it is possible to pluralize with or without, but you have to keep internal consistency. However, when pluralizing a zero, it is always recommended that you use an apostrophe just because otherwise it looks like a misspelled word: 0s/os. Also, there is some small difference between standard American and British English when it comes to the apostrophe. They even published slightly different versions of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" to accommodate this difference.

Finally, and this is the mootest of moot points, it is called a genitive apostrophe only when talking about possession. In other situations, as with contractions and the rare case here when forming a plural, it is just called the apostrophe.

epic fale boy said:
If an apostrophised ho' is an abbreviated whore, where would THAT leave us?

(Ho ho ho!)

With a shortage of hos.

Incorrect use of apostrophes is my biggest grammatical pet peeve. Not only is it annoying and makes sentences not make sense, it's ridiculously common! I once saw an its/it's issue at a *bookstore*. I got out my pen and corrected it. :p

epic fale boy said:
oooh I did know that, but I had genitives on the brain... possessed by the apostrophe monster lol.

That's been known to happen! :)

SophiaGrace said:

Well, hos can wear hose, though they might get runs in them.

ThinkPositive said:
Incorrect use of apostrophes is my biggest grammatical pet peeve. Not only is it annoying and makes sentences not make sense, it's ridiculously common! I once saw an its/it's issue at a *bookstore*. I got out my pen and corrected it. :p

Oh my, the other day a catering van drove past me and I noticed that the slogan in the side read "Catering at it's finest."

I almost lost it. You'd think that someone, someone, would have proofread the damned logo before painting it on the side, but no. Something like that will make me go out of my way to avoid their business, as petty as that sounds.

Also this one time at a bagel shop, all the signs read "Bagel's, 59 cent's."

*sigh*

I know what you mean. I'm 28 and still in the virginity boat. Even worse, I've never even kissed a girl.

I get a lot of "gay jokes" thrown my way, and even my mom asked me if I was gay. I was like, "No mom..."

I don't understand why people who stay pure are shamed for it. It's absolutely a disgusting example of our society/culture. I have no problem with people who have lots of sex, why do they have a problem with me being a virgin?

Latest posts

Back